• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] RARES FESTIVAL SCAM ALERT! Please Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DVI

I'm writing this at the behest of the Rares Festival Team, if you have questions please direct them to me via PM, as I will not respond to any within this thread.

Sometime between last evening and today an individual removed the items scheduled to be sold at today's auction. The suspect list is quite short and the team is working to determine the identity of the thief and attempt to resolve this issue in short order.

I will be converting my vendor at the Main Festival House into a Donation vendor to assist the Festival staff in recouping the loss.

All Donations Large and Small are appreciated!

Thank you!

For the time being please direct all your questions/inquiries regarding this matter to me as the festival staff is working to try and resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Also, to the individual who stole all of the items, while this may just be a game and the items just pixels you're the equivalent of scum.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no offense, but why would we want to donate our money to the same people who lost our items in the first place? It was their responsibility to ensure they were safe, and they failed us on that. Are you saying they do not have enough gold to replace what they lost?

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow is all I can say. I feel really bad for the ones that put this thing all together and this has happened, but I feel so much worse to the ones that have now lost their items for no reason.

This is the why I never and I repeat never friend someone to any of my houses. I really do not see how UO staff can try to get these items back as that will just open up a can of worms I don't think they want to deal with. If the house had a friends list, it is no different than my house or your house having a friends list and getting items stolen.

This needs to be a lesson for anyone else putting together another auction. Only one person needs to be responsible for the chest with the items and even then there is some risk to that. I would never give something worth as much as some of these items to any individual for fear something like this could happen, even if it is a slight chance.

I know it is just a game but it still hurts. I feel badly for all involved.

K

Kandorian Demons

Is there a list of items that were taken so that we can all keep an eye out on who might try and sell them at a later date?

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a list of items that were taken so that we can all keep an eye out on who might try and sell them at a later date?
they wouldn't answer exactly, they said todays items, and about 12 items taken. same person there said that, and only one (or none) can be true. They did say tomorrows items were untouched

D

DVI

From what I understand these were the items taken (minus # 10)

1. Ancient Geisha Kimono Looted From The Shrine
Ancient Monk Kimono Looted From The Shrine - 100mil for the pair
2. Rubble Broken Vanity - 45mil
3. Rubble Tent Corner Piece - 15mil
4. Rubble Stairs Set (1 square block, 4 stairs from each direction) - 65mil
5. Deed To A Blacksmith's Shop (Very old house deed) - 10mil
6. Library Talisman-Treatise On Alchemy (Not rare but the 30/30 Bonus is extremly Rare/maxed out in both) - 5mil
7. Sparkle - 40mil
8. 6th Anniversary Set (spellbook, necro book, chiv book, crook, axe, sextant, lute, tongs) - 75mil
9. Neon pink/purple angel box - 25mil
10. Black Horse anyone can ride (no starting bid yet)
11. Christmas Angel Food Cake (white) - 500k
12. Deamonic-Forged Soul Ripper Pacific Event Item (10) in game 20mil
13. Wig - 20mil
14. Bucket (full) - 3mil
15. Champagne Glass (green) - 50k
16. Thin Hay - 1mil
17. Thin Hay - 1mil
18. Mug of Ale (green) - 100k
19. Equinox Wine - 10mil
20. Elderberry Wine - 10mil
21. Platemail Made By Chris Everridge (dbl X) - 1mil
22. Platemail Gorget Made By Chris Everridge (dbl X) - 1mil
23. Skull of Lord Deadly Greed (can't lock down) - 250k
24. Neon Box - 5mil
25. Green Half Apron - 1mil
26. Agent of Corruption Communication Device (earrings) - 5mil
27. Tree Ornament Earrings - 500k
28. Sheet Music - 20mil
29. Wyrm's Heart (necro reg) - 1mil
30. Dragon's Blood-green (necro reg) - 1mil
31. Eye of Newt (necro reg) - 500k
32. Statue of Relvinian (bust) - 5mil
33. Replica of the Rowan Tree - 1mil
34. Corroded Box - 1mil
35. Trapped Soul - 100mil
36. Death Knight Tourney Entry Token - 100mil
37. Dragon Prod - 200mil
38. Heartwood Earrings - 75mil
39. Spider Silk Woven Shirt - 100mil
40. Ornate Encrusted Armguards - 75mil
41. Legends Tartan - 100mil
42. Flute Carved from Bone (wolf howl) - 200mil
43. A Fey Lute (cool music) - 200mil
44. Hollow Branch (staff plays music) - 150mil
45. Ethy Cloak - 10mil
46. Engraved Wedding Ring "My Heart Is Yours...Love Always, Angel" - 5mil
47. Angel Gift Box (bright pink) - 10mil
48. Remains of a Carved Ziguart Toy (Pac Event) - 40mil
49. Sash "Greetings From EM Faine Morgan - Orign 2010" (misspelled/only a few got out before caught - 30mil
50. Gunpowder - 50mil
51. Voltaically Infused Elixer (blue bottle) - 30mil
52. I Found The Poseidon's Fury And All I Got Was This Lousy Shirt - 25mil
53. Goblin Trap (lantern) - 75mil
54. Selago's Glasses (unique item first pair of Event glasses) 1 of 1 [origin] - 200mil **Has a Reserve**
55. Vid De Pri-Tas Earned By the Britannia Royal Spies (Ice blue talisman) [GL] - 40mil
56. Hercules's Wreath Of Hangover Cure (green garland) [Great Lakes] 1 of 9 - 50mil
57. Savage Scout Leader Arms (grey bone armor) (with corresponding bag) 2 of 4 [pacific] - 50mil
58. Savage Scout Leader Arms (grey bone armor) (with corresponding bag) 2 of 4 [pacific] - 50mil
59. Savage Scout Leader Legs (grey bone armor) (with corresponding bag) 1 of 4 [pacific] - 50mil
60. An Elite Archer Bow (reg bow unique color) 1 of 10 or less [Lake Superior] - 50mil
61. Boots Of A Dark Seeker 1 of 6 [Origin] - 125mil
62. Captain Stephen's Navigation Map (Pink Boat Deed) 1 of 6 [Sonoma] - 75mil
63. Vial Of Slimey Slugs Obtained From The Shadow Dweller's Spawn (green flask) 1 of 6 [Sonoma] - 75mil
64. Remains Of A Luna Guard Killed By Shadow Dweller (Large Bone Pile) 1 of 6 [Sonoma] - 50mil
65. Cert Dagger With Malachite And Turquiose Mosaic Taken From A Shadow Dweller Acolyte [Sonoma] 1 of less than 10 - 75mil

D

DVI

no offense, but why would we want to donate our money to the same people who lost our items in the first place? It was their responsibility to ensure they were safe, and they failed us on that. Are you saying they do not have enough gold to replace what they lost?
I completely understand your concern and the point your making. I am not familiar with the groups finances or how much gold they have.

I am merely trying to do a good deed to help those that lost items.

U

UOFree

2. Rubble Broken Vanity
3. Rubble Tent Corner Piece
4. Rubble Stairs Set (1 square block, 4 stairs from each direction)
5. Deed To A Blacksmith's Shop (Very old house deed) -
6. Library Talisman-Treatise On Alchemy (Not rare but the 30/30 Bonus is extremly Rare/maxed out in both)

Thats mine :( And the House deed can even be xsharded so not like its easy to track down.

Rador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry about this... bute he i got the point !

Cheers
Rador

S

shulginist

From what I understand these were the items taken (minus # 10)

1. Ancient Geisha Kimono Looted From The Shrine
Ancient Monk Kimono Looted From The Shrine - 100mil for the pair
2. Rubble Broken Vanity - 45mil
3. Rubble Tent Corner Piece - 15mil
4. Rubble Stairs Set (1 square block, 4 stairs from each direction) - 65mil
5. Deed To A Blacksmith's Shop (Very old house deed) - 10mil
6. Library Talisman-Treatise On Alchemy (Not rare but the 30/30 Bonus is extremly Rare/maxed out in both) - 5mil
7. Sparkle - 40mil
8. 6th Anniversary Set (spellbook, necro book, chiv book, crook, axe, sextant, lute, tongs) - 75mil
9. Neon pink/purple angel box - 25mil
10. Black Horse anyone can ride (no starting bid yet)
11. Christmas Angel Food Cake (white) - 500k
12. Deamonic-Forged Soul Ripper Pacific Event Item (10) in game 20mil
13. Wig - 20mil
14. Bucket (full) - 3mil
15. Champagne Glass (green) - 50k
16. Thin Hay - 1mil
17. Thin Hay - 1mil
18. Mug of Ale (green) - 100k
19. Equinox Wine - 10mil
20. Elderberry Wine - 10mil
21. Platemail Made By Chris Everridge (dbl X) - 1mil
22. Platemail Gorget Made By Chris Everridge (dbl X) - 1mil
23. Skull of Lord Deadly Greed (can't lock down) - 250k
24. Neon Box - 5mil
25. Green Half Apron - 1mil
26. Agent of Corruption Communication Device (earrings) - 5mil
27. Tree Ornament Earrings - 500k
28. Sheet Music - 20mil
29. Wyrm's Heart (necro reg) - 1mil
30. Dragon's Blood-green (necro reg) - 1mil
31. Eye of Newt (necro reg) - 500k
32. Statue of Relvinian (bust) - 5mil
33. Replica of the Rowan Tree - 1mil
34. Corroded Box - 1mil
35. Trapped Soul - 100mil
36. Death Knight Tourney Entry Token - 100mil
37. Dragon Prod - 200mil
38. Heartwood Earrings - 75mil
39. Spider Silk Woven Shirt - 100mil
40. Ornate Encrusted Armguards - 75mil
41. Legends Tartan - 100mil
42. Flute Carved from Bone (wolf howl) - 200mil
43. A Fey Lute (cool music) - 200mil
44. Hollow Branch (staff plays music) - 150mil
45. Ethy Cloak - 10mil
46. Engraved Wedding Ring "My Heart Is Yours...Love Always, Angel" - 5mil
47. Angel Gift Box (bright pink) - 10mil
48. Remains of a Carved Ziguart Toy (Pac Event) - 40mil
49. Sash "Greetings From EM Faine Morgan - Orign 2010" (misspelled/only a few got out before caught - 30mil
50. Gunpowder - 50mil
51. Voltaically Infused Elixer (blue bottle) - 30mil
52. I Found The Poseidon's Fury And All I Got Was This Lousy Shirt - 25mil
53. Goblin Trap (lantern) - 75mil
54. Selago's Glasses (unique item first pair of Event glasses) 1 of 1 [origin] - 200mil **Has a Reserve**
55. Vid De Pri-Tas Earned By the Britannia Royal Spies (Ice blue talisman) [GL] - 40mil
56. Hercules's Wreath Of Hangover Cure (green garland) [Great Lakes] 1 of 9 - 50mil
57. Savage Scout Leader Arms (grey bone armor) (with corresponding bag) 2 of 4 [pacific] - 50mil
58. Savage Scout Leader Arms (grey bone armor) (with corresponding bag) 2 of 4 [pacific] - 50mil
59. Savage Scout Leader Legs (grey bone armor) (with corresponding bag) 1 of 4 [pacific] - 50mil
60. An Elite Archer Bow (reg bow unique color) 1 of 10 or less [Lake Superior] - 50mil
61. Boots Of A Dark Seeker 1 of 6 [Origin] - 125mil
62. Captain Stephen's Navigation Map (Pink Boat Deed) 1 of 6 [Sonoma] - 75mil
63. Vial Of Slimey Slugs Obtained From The Shadow Dweller's Spawn (green flask) 1 of 6 [Sonoma] - 75mil
64. Remains Of A Luna Guard Killed By Shadow Dweller (Large Bone Pile) 1 of 6 [Sonoma] - 50mil
65. Cert Dagger With Malachite And Turquiose Mosaic Taken From A Shadow Dweller Acolyte [Sonoma] 1 of less than 10 - 75mil
One of the staff said 12 items were taken, were they mistaken or did I just hear wrong? I know it sucks that some peoples items are missing (I submitted as well) but I feel worse for the auction staff and can only imagine how they are feeling.

D

DVI

It has been hard to get updated information as they are quite busy at the moment but from what they did tell me it appears the entire list i posted is gone, but that is the worst case scenario and not set in stone.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I can send over some replacement items:

*Sent list to WRR*

R

Rumpelstiltskin

you trust people with more money in game than they have irl...

7 people co owned and access to 5 billion in rares, how could it not happen

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can donate #32 rev statue to the cause and this can be given to the owner of that statue. No charge by me for the service just would like to help out a little because of the situation. DVI you can pm me here or see me in the game for the statue if you wish.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that sucks.

Nothing more can be done about this and I assume the best thing WRR can do is pay them back.

I don't know about you guys but I feel like shopping!!

To whoever took those rares, I'm willing to buy them all for gold.

I can be reached at 179419409.

Thanks.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what is worst is that PAH/WRR has made no effort to ICQ or make a public apology about this themselves. A lot of my friends had items in this auction and no one will return ICQs or PMs on Stratics.
The point is, WRR makes themselves look worse by not offering any form of communication. I know that they're working on it, but many in game do not, and they want answers or some sort of verification. They've remained silent and screwed themselves over.

A

A Rev

What made me laugh about this whole scenario.

People said the items where worth 10billion plus...i informed them that GL's auction took 5billion over 2days...they then went on to say

"GL SUCKS Pacific is the heart of the rares community!"

So...this activity is the true heart of the rares community??

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I was very sad to see this when I returned home from Vacation late yesterday. I have attended the PAH auctions for years and compared to the many other auctions I have attended across the shards, and there have been many, I have never seen a more professional group of individuals work so hard to put on a quality and consistant in game auction event.

I have had items in every rares auction since the idea was started a few months back and have them in place for the Rares festival auction as well. I have every confidence in the auction and it's staff and will be adding more items to todays auction as well as using their auction services at the next monthly rares auction. I look forward to the continued excellent results and in game events of these auctions.

In regards to the thievery of the items for Saturday. Frankly it was in poor taste as I am sure we can all agree. However this is a part of the game mechanics and Role Play aspect of the game and I could truely see no greater target for some legendary thief. Think about it all of the worlds treasures in one location.

Each of us assumes some of our own risk just handing our items over to another for any reason. For my part, I have been so please with the results of my auction experience to date that I really do not need replacements for my items nor a compensation value. I would preffer to instead help build a tighter community for our festivals and focus on the events and experiences.

I will donate a billion in gold towards the effort to compensate those who feel the need for it.

Let's all remember this is just a game of pixels, However the real loss is a few true pieces of our sosarian history which will more than likely turn up in the future.

In the mean time, Let's get out there and support our Festival staff who have worked so hard these last several months and put themselves out on a personal level to create a super in game experience for us all.

S

shulginist

In the mean time, Let's get out there and support our Festival staff who have worked so hard these last several months and put themselves out on a personal level to create a super in game experience for us all.
QFT

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what is worst is that PAH/WRR has made no effort to ICQ or make a public apology about this themselves. A lot of my friends had items in this auction and no one will return ICQs or PMs on Stratics.
The point is, WRR makes themselves look worse by not offering any form of communication. I know that they're working on it, but many in game do not, and they want answers or some sort of verification. They've remained silent and screwed themselves over.
This is not true. I was in contact with many of the sellers at coming to an agreeable value of their items as the rest of the team is trying to figure out how to recoop the lost via contacting various brokers to buy gold. They don't have anything to report because they don't have anything concrete to report. But I assure you most of them were working on this as late as 12 midnight Central last night when I went to bed and a few were still on. It's unfortunate that this had happend but nevertheless it happend. Now they are trying to move on and today there are still great activities.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
This is not true. I was in contact with many of the sellers at coming to an agreeable value of their items as the rest of the team is trying to figure out how to recoop the lost via contacting various brokers to buy gold. They don't have anything to report because they don't have anything concrete to report. But I assure you most of them were working on this as late as 12 midnight Central last night when I went to bed and a few were still on. It's unfortunate that this had happend but nevertheless it happend. Now they are trying to move on and today there are still great activities.
I can back Manticore up on this as well. Thank God for the new Spirituality lanterns that don't need to be refilled they were on most of the night as the team worked thru this. I am looking forward to a great day of events thanks to all of their late night work to keep the momentum going on the entire festival.

D

Deb

WOW, this sure taints WRR's reputation..glad I decided not to do this.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on what Manticore and Nabin said it seems like they are doing their best to fix things. I am sure it is a major heart-ache going on over there. Best of wishes to everyone involved.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really Curious about the mechanics behind this?

Were these items locked down in a house were they could be seen by anyone so that bids could be taken, then placed on a vendor for sale?

If so then yes this was definatly setup for failure from the beginning.

I feell very bad for anoyone who has lost items they trusted somone else to have in their possesion, and if it is only 1 of twelve people then PMs should be sent to every person who lost and item and when the actual thief is identified then the community as a whole cna work to austricise them outright. I know names cannot be mentioned here or in game but word of mouth is VERY powerful tool.

As for future auctions the only way i would allow for items to be place is ONE owner and everyone else a co owner who locks down their own items, or work with EMs I am sure there is a way that the own cna be made on the EM staff and only co owners come and lock items down. Also each player places their OWN vendor to display items and sell them.

It is sad that this wil probably result in th lose of rares festivals for a while unitl this is figured out.

Again I fell sorry for anyone who lost items, but trust is earned, and if you didnt know everyone who had acces personally then you should have trusted them.

S

shulginist

Re: Really Curious about the mechanics behind this?

It is sad that this wil probably result in th lose of rares festivals for a while unitl this is figured out.
I don't see why this would be the case.

D

DJ Sandman

hey we are very sorry, we are working on the issue and trying to get ahold of everyone. WE are focusing on finishing up the festival and have added major new features to the security of the auction house for todays auction

we will keep you posted on the results and thank everyone for the huge outpouring of support

Pyccy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everybody.
Since I still trust the people who put so much effort in this festival I decided to give them my items to put on auction tonight.
(notice there s more than 1 bill gold of items in that box)
I think that everything should be not ruined only because a traitor stole the things that were supposed to be on auction.
But I feel sorry anyways for everyone who lost the items...And I hope in someway this kind of desaster will be fixed.

Attachments

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel for everyone who lost out, that's gotta hurt.

Seems it was an inside job, and a theif with guts to pull it off. Problem is, he will be caught, identified, but probably not punished by much. Yeah, his name will be smeared and he'll have to do some serious fencing to off load the loot.

Again, my condolences to all victimized.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel for everyone who lost out, that's gotta hurt.

Seems it was an inside job, and a theif with guts to pull it off. Problem is, he will be caught, identified, but probably not punished by much. Yeah, his name will be smeared and he'll have to do some serious fencing to off load the loot.

Again, my condolences to all victimized.
To be honest, I don't think unless the auction house can figure it out we'll ever know. I bet many have been sold via private buyers by now and they'll be moved through several more before they surface again publicly. I personally wouldn't do it, but several have made it quite clear they would if the price is right and they want it.

D

DVI

A primary suspect has been identified and investigation into the matter is being done.

S

Simon Francis

I have had the pleasure of many dealings with the Pacific Auction House Staff and several WRR members. The Pacific Auction House staff like Crystal Rose are among the most trustworthy players in the game as well as many WRR members I have encountered. I wish everyone a fast and satisfactory solution and will still continue to attend auctions and support WRR staff despite one seemingly bad apple.

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have absolutely no problem handing over my castle full of rares to crystal rose or sandman to hold. No problem at all trusting them.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest, I don't think unless the auction house can figure it out we'll ever know. I bet many have been sold via private buyers by now and they'll be moved through several more before they surface again publicly. I personally wouldn't do it, but several have made it quite clear they would if the price is right and they want it.
I agree.

I'm personally willing to buy all of them. There's nothing more people can do anyways.

ICQ 179419409.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I find odd is the day after the Items were stolen one of the Rares Fest staff I believe his name is "Gau" took down his rares museum to a private plot.
The museum is open and I own 5 houses on Pac, if I wanted to put stolen rares anywhere it sure as hell wouldnt be my museum tard. I placed a keep which put my museum into decay so I had to empty it drop it and put back up. What no here seems to realize is that items were stolen out of two locations, one of which most of us didnt have access too. So please save ya rumors and conspiracies for someone else. The only one at fault here is whoever left other peoples rares worth billions on containers that had access other than the owner. And if I did steal them (though I never would do something like that ) I would openly sell them as whoever did it pulled of the biggest heist in Uo history legally. I feel bad for all the sellers but I am sick of my name being thrown out there. Ty

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The museum is open and I own 5 houses on Pac, if I wanted to put stolen rares anywhere it sure as hell wouldnt be my museum tard. I placed a keep which put my museum into decay so I had to empty it drop it and put back up. What no here seems to realize is that items were stolen out of two locations, one of which most of us didnt have access too. So please save ya rumors and conspiracies for someone else. The only one at fault here is whoever left other peoples rares worth billions on containers that had access other than the owner. And if I did steal them (though I never would do something like that ) I would openly sell them as whoever did it pulled of the biggest heist in Uo history legally. I feel bad for all the sellers but I am sick of my name being thrown out there. Ty
fiesty!

L

Luke Carjacker

Well yes in fact it is true. 12 midnight came and went on Saturday and I was not contacted. 12 midnight came and went on Sunday and I still have not been contacted by you Manticore or anyone from WRR. I guess 70m in starting bids on items I was hoping to get 100m+ for isn't that significant in the scope of things, but I still don't believe I deserve to be treated like this...

Whatever might have happened to the items, I entrusted them to WRR. I handed them to Crystal Rose and expected them to be handled with care and respect. While I have no doubt in my mind she would not steal them, the fact remains that they violated our trust by adding a friend or co-owner that looted the items. We didn't have any say in this, WRR did it on their own.

And thus far, I have not seen a post where the admitted to screwed up or apologized. I have not received a PM. I have not received an ICQ. When I tried to ask in game I was brushed off.

When I first heard what happened Saturday, I thought to myself, when the contact me I might just drop it; I felt bad they were betrayed and a heart-felt apology would have probably been all I needed. Then, Saturday afternoon came and went without contact. Blaz promised an update by Saturday night to all people who submitted items and I got nothing. Amazingly, they went ahead with the auction on Sunday without saying a word. Sunday night I was brushed off twice when trying to get an update in game.

So, coming from someone who put together and helped run 2 events at the festival, who organized donations of 35m in items to be awarded, and who spoke up in defense of WRR when the news first broke; I don't deserve to be treated like this...

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I won't say anything much other than thank gawd I boycotted the Rares Festival. Funny how at least 3 of the "toons" involved were also ones who kept attacking me for no reason at all! I can't help but think that I may have been a target for "the fall guy!" Glad, I was well away from all of the action.

I see that the post has been removed listing names and all. That is definitely a shame because people should know about people when they are involved in such a travesty.

Honor among thieves...... hmmm, guess not! I know alot of you still disagree with my views on a lot of things but with the light of the current events and all maybe you can see why I was upset with Mesanna creating rare items for "staff" and decorating the town of Luna for a player run event.

I hope all that were involved in the "scam" will be found and punished. I find it quite ironic that that one guy on Pac was always calling me a liar, scammer and a cheat every time he saw me. Stupid as you may all may think this statement is I feel vindicated that the one who sullied my name many times over just proved he is all the things he called me!

O.K. That is my $.02 I will now go back into seclusion!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well yes in fact it is true. 12 midnight came and went on Saturday and I was not contacted. 12 midnight came and went on Sunday and I still have not been contacted by you Manticore or anyone from WRR. I guess 70m in starting bids on items I was hoping to get 100m+ for isn't that significant in the scope of things, but I still don't believe I deserve to be treated like this...

Whatever might have happened to the items, I entrusted them to WRR. I handed them to Crystal Rose and expected them to be handled with care and respect. While I have no doubt in my mind she would not steal them, the fact remains that they violated our trust by adding a friend or co-owner that looted the items. We didn't have any say in this, WRR did it on their own.

And thus far, I have not seen a post where the admitted to screwed up or apologized. I have not received a PM. I have not received an ICQ. When I tried to ask in game I was brushed off.

When I first heard what happened Saturday, I thought to myself, when the contact me I might just drop it; I felt bad they were betrayed and a heart-felt apology would have probably been all I needed. Then, Saturday afternoon came and went without contact. Blaz promised an update by Saturday night to all people who submitted items and I got nothing. Amazingly, they went ahead with the auction on Sunday without saying a word. Sunday night I was brushed off twice when trying to get an update in game.

So, coming from someone who put together and helped run 2 events at the festival, who organized donations of 35m in items to be awarded, and who spoke up in defense of WRR when the news first broke; I don't deserve to be treated like this...
ah sorry about that. I wasn't too clear on my statment. I only contacted those I had icqs of but please icq me 123172317 and we can chat about your item.

Thanks,

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is BS that post should have been allowed to stay up because of the magnitude of it. It cleared allot of people of wrong doing, myself included and explained to the poor souls how there stuff was taken. All I have to say is unreal TB if you removed this.

N

NorCal Uo Dealer

when you put someone like Tet in this for the reason that he has alot of rares.. hrmm cause he is a thief to begin with.. what 200mill from the casino and now all these items.. goodjob to the rares festival crew.. allowing that scum in there

Status
Not open for further replies.