• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Rare's Fest Proposal Summer 2012... the other has disappeared

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Changes to original proposal are highlighted in red.

REVISED AGAIN!! SPRING 2012 PROPOSAL APRIL 28th to May 7th
It is my understanding Baja has opted to take a fall date. We would love to host on Great Lakes have begun preparation of space and events. April was the time slot requested by a frequent rare's buyer, this is the time frame that works best for our staff around spring break, vacations and real life. It is our intent to make this a full out festival, not just auctions, vendors and shopping, but events and activities for those who wish to partake.

Rare’s fest Great Lakes Proposal:

Host: Majestic Oaks Auction House
Dates: April 28th to May 7th 2012(with pre event for the 28 & 29 travel days)
Vendor house: Majestic Oaks Auction Castle on Artic Isle (Owner is Pratt)
Majestic Oaks Pub on Artic Isle behind the castle (if needed, Owner is Melian)
Auction house: Majestic Oaks Auction at the Buc’s Den Portal, Vesper End
Auction Dates: Thursday May 3rd, Saturday May 5th and Sunday May 6th
Majestic Oaks Auction House staff: GM: Pratt, Managers: DJ Scorp, Emerald Ice, Melian,
Co-owners: Pratt, DJ, Emmy*, Melian*, Princess Melody*, Logan*, Illyana Strange*(these are the only folks who have access to items submitted for sale) Majestic Oaks has been running live auction/s weekly for 10 year with half of our staff having been here that entire time.
Other members and support staff: Lola, Elektra, FlapJack, Chelle, Just A Girl
* Indicate staff who worked the last GL rare’s fest at Majestic Oaks.
MOA staff will be in uniforms with guild tags on display, items can only be accepted AT THE AUCTION HOUSE and in the PIT

Arrival & Set up:
April 28th & 29th (Saturday & Sunday) It is anticipated that off shard travelers will be using this weekend to pack and travel to Great Lakes, to set up vendors, get a lay of the land etc.

Saturday April 28th (Noon to 4 pm. CST) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor house & Auction House
(6 pm. CST to 10 pm. CST) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor house & Auction House

Sunday April 29th (Noon CST to around 4 pm.) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor House & Auction House (6 p.m. CST to 10 pm. CST) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor House & Auction House

Sunday April 29, 2012 8 pm. CST will be a brief mini event at the castle to welcome those to the shard who are there and distribute runebooks. There will be a teleporter link between the Castle and the Auction house for the convenience of sellers and shoppers.

Our EM’s have offered to establish a temporary gate for the course of the event; at this writing I am uncertain where best to locate this gate. Also the Majestic Oaks Banner will transport between Luna Banner Park (out the south gate) and the auction house.

To set up vendors, accept submissions for auction, two times are slotted to allow for alternate time zones. I know a few folks at the last one were England etc. My icq will be available to arrange appointments. Vendors will all be rent free! Please pay attention to the setup, renewal 1 week rentals. We are at first going to limit to 1 vendor per seller and then work from there. No price limits for items as fees for sale come out of your pocket. Vendors may contact via stratics forum or (pm), MOA website (pm), or icq. I'd suggest a couple of contact methods, I will contact folks as soon as I can.

Majestic Oaks Auction has agreed to waive our customary sales fee for our auction services so all proceeds from any auctioned items will be returned to the seller. This is an all volunteer effort by our staff.

Silent Auction preparations are in the works, I am attempting to work out logistics with Lineman and/or Shu-Chan to run this during the same week so patrons will have a choice and we can get as many items as humanly possible as much exposure to sale as we can.

Itinerary: (These items will put NO items at risk, will likely be hosted by Great Lakes Supporting guilds and MOA. They may change as plans finalize)

Monday, April 30, 2012 “Night at the Museum” event Guided tour of Great Lakes Museums & points of interest

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 EM event night (Tuesday is typically UO Fiction event night typically a good place to die)

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 Game night "Are you smarter than a Neophyte" & "Tic Tac Dough"

Thursday, May 3, 2012 Majestic Oaks Auction, 8 p.m. CST start time (Trivia & Mystery Chest)(Live)

Friday, May 4, 2012 ??? (As yet uncommitted)

Saturday May 5, 2012 Rare’s Fest Auction, 8 p.m. CST start time, payouts from sales, (Trivia)(LIVE)

Sunday May 6, 2012 Rare’s Fest Auction, 1 p.m. CST start time, payouts from sales, (Trivia)(LIVE)

Monday: May 7, 2012 Wrap up payouts from auction
Icq Melian @ 294-317-507
Events Coordinator Majestic Oaks Auction House

F

Fraggles

Seems like alot of people that are able to have access to submitted ites IMO

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Baja should have the summer slot since they have been waiting :)

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't support anything that isn't a Silent Auction.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
baja as been shafted twice....saying that.. its up to baja to deliver....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't support anything that isn't a Silent Auction.
mmmm i like the silent auctions....but sakura is taking the same stance as the last atlantic...crazy high reserves..

less than half the stuff wont even get a bid again..

shame because we all moaned and groaned last time...yet some players never seem to learn...........oh well ..guess u will keep ya stuf till the next one....its a great showcase.. the silent auction house... lots of great items al in house...just a shame nobody wil actualy place bids onand above the silly high reserves yet again........WHATEVER [END]

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds good to me, much better then my ill recieved seige rares fest idea :)

live auction to me is much better then a silent auction where the people submiting items are asking 2-3 times the items real value as there reserve.