• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest Rares Fest Items

Pampa DH

Lore Master
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Queen Arya @Nails Warstein @Olcher

I would like to propose that for the items in the Live Auction houses we be picky in selecting which items make it into the auctions. In the past we have had new current items that have taken up space and have either not sold or sold for cheap. With the new current drop numbers most of these items can be found fairly easy and for a cheaper price than some of the older items that we know what the real numbers are. The exception to this is stealing event items where we know how many there were to steal. Also, I think to be fair we should limit how many items a player can submit until its known if the houses will be full or not. I myself am going to try to be submitting some of my older items and perhaps a unique or two. Just my two cents of course but I think that a lot of players feel the same way.

Thanks,

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed

Only items with no doubt worth 200 mil or more should be allowed in the auction and limit to each player perhaps no more than 10 items each. Also the "worth" of an item is not wishful thinking but tried and true over time. In other words, if you paid 300 mil for an item when it first came out and later settled at 150 mil, don't submit it.

Just my 2 cents.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...Says the old rares collectors that are only interested in selling their items. How about the relatively new collectors that don't have "old rares." What about everyone saying they want new rares collectors, but when it comes to making gold they are throw in the gutter.

"Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others. It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed."
~ Mwai Kibaki

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Psh @Longtooths , Ive sold like 2 items ever in my life and I think only 1 item ever in a Rares fest. I want more juicy loot to buy :) Don't rain on my parade with your philosophical non-sense.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hear ya but when I read this I just thought how this must sound to a new collector. I hardly ever sell anything, as you know, so I have the luxury of not having a dog in this fight.

Boba

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Says the old rares collectors that are only interested in selling their items. How about the relatively new collectors that don't have "old rares." What about everyone saying they want new rares collectors, but when it comes to making gold they are throw in the gutter.
Relatively new collectors shouldn't be wasting their money buying the garbage perpetuated by the multi-boxers. Furthermore, items from season 14/15 could hardly be called "rare", and they're ugly as **** too.

"Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others. It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed."
~ Mwai Kibaki
What the **** is this garbage, and what does it have to do with this thread?

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we change the name to Elitist Club too? I am tired of all the poor rare collectors viewing my items and submitting their trashy rares not worth over 200m.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As a very very casual collector and seller, I will say that I appreciate auctions that have rares of all values. Sometimes I have lots of extra gold, other times I don't. But either way, there is always something I see that I really want, and most of the time its mediocre rares worth 100-200 mill or so. As a casual collector, I dont have the time to go hunting down those items on auction safes, vendors, and through stratics PM's. That's one of the beautiful things about the rares fest. Anything you can possibly want is usually there for low to mid range collectors. We all start somewhere, and auctions shouldn't cater to only one class of collector.

Just my humble opinion....

Last edited:

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Pampa DH hope the mushroom of sarah is on your for sale list
And I have no comment on what goes into an auction I leave that up to those that are well versed in that area
Every fest I have attended I always come away with several treasures I found on vendors and at auctions and I believe this festival will be no different

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone has an agenda....yawn.....who are you anyways?
Relatively new collectors shouldn't be wasting their money buying the garbage perpetuated by the multi-boxers. Furthermore, items from season 14/15 could hardly be called "rare", and they're ugly as **** too.
It's obvious you have an agenda and dislike for multi-boxers. However, you don't get to tell others what they should and should not be doing in this game. Who are you again?

What the **** is this garbage, and what does it have to do with this thread?
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." ~ Confucius

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps it can be broken up?
Auction off "true rares" (non-event items) in a segment, auction EM items in a segment and maybe start things off with doing rares under 200mil? This way people can show up to what they are interested in? New buyers to the first part, people like me to the non-EM auctions, ect.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps it can be broken up?
Auction off "true rares" (non-event items) in a segment, auction EM items in a segment and maybe start things off with doing rares under 200mil? This way people can show up to what they are interested in? New buyers to the first part, people like me to the non-EM auctions, ect.
If we cant have exclusion, lets try segregation....0.O

Raresfest is about everyone coming together to celebrate and purchase rares. The fact that everyone is invited and welcome is sacrosanct. Any move to exclude, separate, partition, divide or otherwise seems contrary to the meaning of Raresfest.

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what you are saying is the players on other shards don't bother to come to the festival unless you have crap loads of gold or substandard rares seriously I couldn't buy one item at 200mil and I am sure I am not alone
Interesting marketing strategy !!!

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we cant have exclusion, lets try segregation....0.O

Raresfest is about everyone coming together to celebrate and purchase rares. The fact that everyone is invited and welcome is sacrosanct. Any move to exclude, separate, partition, divide or otherwise seems contrary to the meaning of Raresfest.
How is something like:

6pm: rares under 200mil
7pm: true rares
8pm: EM rares

how is that excluding anyone? You do realize auctions are normally structured, right? When you go to Amazon.com to shop, they structure similar items together. eBay does it, ALL stores you walk into do it... It's so you can find what you want and not waste your time. If you want to browse the entire website/store, you're welcome to (stay during the entire auction), or you can just, you know, go to the section you want (like in my case, I'd show up for the true rares side and not the rest).

That's called being organized and offering something for everyone. Telling new rares collectors to shove it up their ass is literally excluding people...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing is, auctions are time consuming to run. im glad im not doing it. you not only have to showcase the items, but also ensure the integrety of the bidders, bidding, timestamps, payment, contact info etc. The more items, the harder that is to do.

having live silent auction items limited to higher end items has always been logical, because these are items that cant go on a vendor.

Would i be open to a house with lower priced items? Or divided into categories? sure, but youd have to find someone to run it. its alot of work, and realistically theres not a ton of non-EM items that come up for sale. as much as i would like more non-EM rares showcased, im just not sure it would fill an entire house.

Personally i prefer the structure of only high end items in the silent auction. Because then you have really good quality vendors. The most fun for me personally is buying inexpensive things i find on vendors, lets me browse casually and in my own time.
Plus theres the live auction. the minimum value for that in this raresfest is 10m.

In the end anyone can run a raresfest. Queens been planning this for months, getting the locations, getting the people to run the houses, getting deco taken care of, organizing evets, lets just enjoy how she decides to structure it. Theres different types of fests, according to who runs them, and not every type will suit everyone.

But anyone is more than welcome to take the time make the commitment to organize what they would consider to be "the perfect fest" and encouraged to do so. Most organizers also ask for feedback, and do care about what people think and how to make the next one "better". perhaps some of these ideas and opinions can be taken into consideration for the next one, but right now lets just enjoy this one for however it will be run.

Lets also not forget that raresfest is supposed to be about more than selling and buying. Theres connecting with other collectors, live events, just enjoying the time in game. I like to just look at all the rares, maybe remember some of the lore or history of where they came from. or learn about it if i have no idea. Some of the most fun ive had a raresfests i havent bought or sold a single thing in the silent auctions.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing is, auctions are time consuming to run. im glad im not doing it. you not only have to showcase the items, but also ensure the integrety of the bidders, bidding, timestamps, payment, contact info etc. The more items, the harder that is to do.

having live silent auction items limited to higher end items has always been logical, because these are items that cant go on a vendor.

Would i be open to a house with lower priced items? Or divided into categories? sure, but youd have to find someone to run it. its alot of work, and realistically theres not a ton of non-EM items that come up for sale. as much as i would like more non-EM rares showcased, im just not sure it would fill an entire house.

Personally i prefer the structure of only high end items in the silent auction. Because then you have really good quality vendors. The most fun for me personally is buying inexpensive things i find on vendors, lets me browse casually and in my own time.
Plus theres the live auction. the minimum value for that in this raresfest is 10m.

In the end anyone can run a raresfest. Queens been planning this for months, getting the locations, getting the people to run the houses, getting deco taken care of, organizing evets, lets just enjoy how she decides to structure it. Theres different types of fests, according to who runs them, and not every type will suit everyone.

But anyone is more than welcome to take the time make the commitment to organize what they would consider to be "the perfect fest" and encouraged to do so. Most organizers also ask for feedback, and do care about what people think and how to make the next one "better". perhaps some of these ideas and opinions can be taken into consideration for the next one, but right now lets just enjoy this one for however it will be run.

Lets also not forget that raresfest is supposed to be about more than selling and buying. Theres connecting with other collectors, live events, just enjoying the time in game. I like to just look at all the rares, maybe remember some of the lore or history of where they came from. or learn about it if i have no idea. Some of the most fun ive had a raresfests i havent bought or sold a single thing in the silent auctions.
Yea, thanks for putting things into perspective, I forgot what rares fest was all about. Its not about the rares, but the comradery among the UO community. JK.. Rares fest is all about getting tons of icq from Rares collectors/Gold sellers letting you know they have a ton of gold for rares fest.