• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rares Fest for Dummies - Some questions?

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If this is not the right place for this or whatever, please let me know and I'll be happy to ask to have it deleted.

I had some questions about the Rares Fest and if anyone is offering assistance and possibly "consignment" services. In real life, there are estate companies that will come in and help inventory and evaluate collections and then you can auction or sell on consignment.

I have a bunch of "stuff" but I have no idea what is worth even attempting to sell and, if it is, what to ask for it. Has anyone given any thought to, or is anyone already offering, assistance to people like me? I'd love to have someone trusted come and go through some things that I believe might be worth selling, helping me figure out a price and then taking them on consignment to sell.

I could even get any agreed on items from Catskills to the rares fest myself so that wouldn't be an issue. Mostly I just need some help with the actual pricing/selling. I have to think there might be other interested in the same.

genchattroll101

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I would also like a little help with rares fest.. Not with pricing but with how it works - generally, as this will be my first one.. How do I sell items? How do I bid/buy items? How long are the auctions? Ect.. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.. I can't respond on ICQ until tomorrow so if anyone could private message me or respond within the thread it would be greatly appreciated it.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure there are many people that would be willing to go through your collection and offer appraisal estimates and possibly even help you sell the items. i would be willing to look through your stuff and give my estimates if you want.

As for how the fest works... you can set up a vendor to sell stuff or submit to the silent or live auctions. The silent auction will have an endtime posted. If there is a live auction there will be a posted time when it takes place. There are normally other activities which can award prizes.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
@brianfreud has been involved with all aspects of previous auctions and is involved with this one as well. He would be a good person to ask what is worth selling, what auction to sell it in, how to get it there, etc.

Also, I believe @Captn Norrington is running the silent auction, he should be able to help as well.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will the silent auction houses be using the new auction safes this year?

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I reactivated my account I found hundreds of old clothing items I made when I first had my tailor in ocllo. These are Sewn by (my crafters names) "A Tailor of Ocllo" & "Tailor Made" I also have lots of other items made from evil mage cloth that have [Exceptional] tags and (blessed) tags. What value will these items bring at a rares fest?
A good amount of buyers currently buying stuff like this. An auction would be the best way to sell

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Will the silent auction houses be using the new auction safes this year?
The traditional bulletin board way. The new auction safes still have too many bugs and unknowns to risk using them for an event like this. If something went wrong because of an auction safe bug it would not be good.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I should not have posted, I have had numerous pm's. Some people are very demanding and rude.
Some in the rares community are like crack addicts, and your original message basically said to them, "Hey guys, I got a **** TON OF CRACK AND IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO WITH IT" And the trongs of rabbid hyena's came forth.

Just remember who the jackoffs are and dont sell a lick to 'em :)

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As to the original post as well as OldUO's post. Whenever I need help with anything in the rares community, or want to cross check someone I'm about to do a deal with I immediately contact Lord Nabin. He's been my go to question/answer guy for man I want to see like 5 years. (I've played probobly 1 total year spread out over those 5 years)

The guy is amazing and very courteous and good at explaining, or atleast setting you down the right path.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If this is not the right place for this or whatever, please let me know and I'll be happy to ask to have it deleted.

I had some questions about the Rares Fest and if anyone is offering assistance and possibly "consignment" services. In real life, there are estate companies that will come in and help inventory and evaluate collections and then you can auction or sell on consignment.

I have a bunch of "stuff" but I have no idea what is worth even attempting to sell and, if it is, what to ask for it. Has anyone given any thought to, or is anyone already offering, assistance to people like me? I'd love to have someone trusted come and go through some things that I believe might be worth selling, helping me figure out a price and then taking them on consignment to sell.

I could even get any agreed on items from Catskills to the rares fest myself so that wouldn't be an issue. Mostly I just need some help with the actual pricing/selling. I have to think there might be other interested in the same.
NO SELLS MY CRYSTAL BALL

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I should not have posted, I have had numerous pm's. Some people are very demanding and rude.
If you sell them at some point, I'd suggest posting them as an auction. I don't really collect them, but there are many that do.

You can always post a list and screenshot of your items on this forum and many here will help you get history and a rough idea on pricing any time of year :)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@AnneNomilly There are definitely people that would be more than happy to make 10 percent selling your items. There are also people that would love to buy all of the items in bulk to Resell. Then there are people that would be happy to help you identify your items and give you ball park figures on them.

The absolute best thing you could do for yourself is to make a detailed list of everything you have and post it in this forum. The right people will come to you for sure.

Here is a quick list of people I use to cross check item prices and history.

@Nails Warstein @Decadence @brianfreud @Assia Penryn @Lord Nabin @Kolka @Captn Norrington @Dregg @Manticore @Olcher

I trust all of the above to give you a valid and honest opinion about price and/or history of any item in game.

Wish you the best of luck, it can be quite the task to go through an entire estate. :)

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not sure where to post this, but I will be providing blue beetles free of charge to anyone in need on Pacific for the Rares Festival. Please contact me and I will gladly give you one. If I'm out of stock, i'll gladly tame you one.

Just remember - don't go afk on a beetle with stuff in it - harbingers will eat them along with your items!!!

raresfest beetle.jpg

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Should I read this to mean "use a blue beetle and not a pack horse"? I'm guessing you run more of a chance of outrunning a harbinger on a beetle? If a packy is considered safe, I'm covered. If not, might I sign up for a blue beetle please? (And thank you.)

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely use a beetle instead of packy, becuz u can mount them and get them away instead of the packy going right at the harby. What u should do is just keep ur stuff in bank or vendor or insured in your own pack.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Aye, and from personal experience... Even if you are completely logged out, there are wonky situations that can still kill your beetle. Anywhere that might have a harbinger summoned - like at a fest house - don't log with anything of value in your beetle, just in case you log in and your beetle is gone.