• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest Rares Fest Feedback

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to thank everyone for making this event as wonderful as it was! That being said we, and I, would really love feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome too. Scheduling was an issue, but it really hard to schedule daily events that don't interfere with something. Any other comments, questions, concerns?

Thanks!

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
thank you and the entire staff for your efforts on the event! it was a good time and an amazing turnout! i enjoyed drooling over all the items in the packed-to-the-gills silent auction houses and the traders hall.

the only critique i would offer is: have books or a stratics post listing the items for sale at the live auction. i was looking for several specific items at rares fest. since i didn't know if any of those items would be in the live auction, i curtailed my bidding on other items.

awesome job!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You all did a lovely and professional job. It was wonderful to visit Pacific again and meet some folks I used to know while I lived there.

My only suggestions would be maybe combining vendor houses in the future. To be honest at rares fest (not just yours), many folks stock still obtainable items, even in the "rares only" house. It takes a lot of staff hours to keep an eye, contact and block vendors who are selling something they shouldn't. To the average player a wall carving is "rare" and we should embrace that... maybe not on these forums, but at rares fests. The more people who become collectors, the better and for many folks those items are a gateway item to event items, server births, etc. I say focus on people selling items that are commonly passed as "true rares" such as the stacked bug items. I don't even care particularly that they are sold there as I believe the method was fixed, but the sellers should label their origin. I had several folks ask me for an origin on a dark bloodspawn and a straw pillow they saw on a vendor. While I believe folks should ask about unfamiliar items, but I would hate to see someone left with a bad taste in their mouth because they were sold something they thought must be very valuable with a high price tag.

Aside from that... I would really like for ICQ/Stratics names to be left on a book at the vendors feet. I don't fathom myself ever contacting someone, but I would love to know whose vendor is whose. I have on several occasions, I have seen folks sell common, but not well known items as rares at every festival. I would like for my own personal knowledge to know some names so I can choose whether or not to do business in the future. Also there are folks who obtain items in less than ethical methods... I would prefer to have the knowledge on whether or not I give them my business during the festival.

Those are my personal suggestions, more so for rares festivals in general than this specific one. Again, great job and I hope you and your team will volunteer to another one in the future.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@blend I finally got thru the maze after a week trying (and that's only because I watched your youtube video)
Excellent fun seeing friends, The snowball fights were tops!
The snakes were a lil creepy and not as many harbys were spawned this time around
@Assia I agree with the vendors/auctions being for items that do not spawn any longer-Event items
Was great fun guys and as always its sad to see the closing ceremony and wave our good byes (bet your butts are happy tho)
Thank you all for a job well done
Hugs and see you all next time!

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Had a great time, thank you for hosting it! A permanent rares swap meet/fleamarket would be fun :)

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
1: We used to have stairs built in the house for former Rare Fest according to players's requests.
Did you remove stairs from the Silent Auction House intentionally?
I enjoyed watching people twisted around teleporters. They are just like my maze house. *grins*

2: Please show me a list of event time, host names and their contacts more easily.
If they are shown in the House Sign, we can find it immediately.
also Vendor House owner's ICQ and Corresponding time.
I was forced to check several posts as well as their commentsto find this kind of information.
Please sort this kind of important information on the top of the thread.

3:If you are going to host Rare Fest in the future, I strongly recommend you to check Japanese Public Holidays as well.
If you are thinking of the Auction period, this is good idea to set the end date on Monday JST if Japan has Public Holiday.

If this is not possible, then set the end date on Saturday US time.
This might sound selfish, however concerning Rare Business, I can say decrease in the sales is expected.
Please do not ignore buying power of Japanese players. Most of them are not a Stratics member but I can see there are many visiting Rare Fest. (I suppose they are more than 30% of the whole visitors)

I actually got many feedbacks from players, those who were not able to bid on the end date of Auction.
In that case, I have recommended them a proxy bid but most of them would not prefer this method so this would be not a solution.

4:Finally
I don't know how helpful I was but I was happy to participate as a part of this Festival.
All the site was forming a snowish image with unity, I think it was almost perfect as a theme park.

I assume some staffs participated this time would join in the future, too.
I hope you would consider my feedbacks particularly for 1 - 3. Thank you.

Last edited:

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The only issue I had with the fest was that the silent auction ended 20 mins before I woke up. In the future if you could schedule around my sleep time that would be great!

In all seriousness tho, it was a great fest from what I was able to experience. I just wish I hadn't had to work so much that week. Hats off to everyone who donated time, energy, tokens, nets, etc.. to make this a great fest. It is appreciated!

bbobccat

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was the best rares fest I yet. The silent auction houses were the best addition ever and I hope to see them in all future rares events. Having staff and people who knew about the rares present and informing shoppers was wonderful and extremely helpful. The staff were all excellent and I appreciate the huge amount of time they were able to dedicate to this fest.
Good job everyone.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@bbobccatt, every fest since the beginning has had silent auction houses? The traders' auction was added back with the Izumo fest a year ago... *confused*