• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest 2013?

Brosephine

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey y'all! Will there be a Chesapeake Rares Fest for 2013 coming up? Just curious! :D

OccupyEA

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I will try to sell some rares but the only rare I have is in this pic, and I think I already licked the plate clean as I took the pic when I was hungry:eek:

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Atlantic is tentatively scheduled for June, it won't be cancelled, a lot of work has been put into it already, perhaps Chessy could organize one for the Fall or Winter? Takes time to get these setup successfully without a hitch.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Atlantic is tentatively scheduled for June, it won't be cancelled, a lot of work has been put into it already, perhaps Chessy could organize one for the Fall or Winter? Takes time to get these setup successfully without a hitch.
I am game for a Winter Fall For Male :)
The only thing that could possibly Cancel an Atlantic Rares Fest would be the shard exploding into a billion pieces of UO code.... even then they would most likely invade and conquer another shard and rename it Atlantic and have a Rares Fest

Last edited:

Aquarius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think it wold be an awesome idea. However, I do go to nails all the time and hardly ever win :- )! It brutal! But, Chessy needs some new things added to it. I have said it before along with some other folks, it seems as though Chessy is dieing a very slow painful death.

Vendors are disappearing left and right in Luna. Houses are falling front and back. Allot of them I thought were players not paying their account or just not playing anymore. I see its because they are on ATL! I cant say I blame them. I LOVE Chessy. Been here my whole UO career. ( However, now I find myself doing more transfers to other shards and staying there a tad longer than normal. Chessy, I will NEVER leave. It's Home. )The events, the cool items. Not just a sash or a robe that says, " HEY! yea hi. Thank you EM Blah and Blah " the shards do get allot of cool items and one of a kinds and such. This is why shard transfers are at an all time high right now. To be honest, it is for me. Ya have to admit, allot of people want that pixeled crack.

I personally will go to any rare event. I think they are fun. And for one, Chessy needs a shock! *Cleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar*

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think it wold be an awesome idea. However, I do go to nails all the time and hardly ever win :- )! It brutal! But, Chessy needs some new things added to it. I have said it before along with some other folks, it seems as though Chessy is dieing a very slow painful death.

Vendors are disappearing left and right in Luna. Houses are falling front and back. Allot of them I thought were players not paying their account or just not playing anymore. I see its because they are on ATL! I cant say I blame them. I LOVE Chessy. Been here my whole UO career. ( However, now I find myself doing more transfers to other shards and staying there a tad longer than normal. Chessy, I will NEVER leave. It's Home. )The events, the cool items. Not just a sash or a robe that says, " HEY! yea hi. Thank you EM Blah and Blah " the shards do get allot of cool items and one of a kinds and such. This is why shard transfers are at an all time high right now. To be honest, it is for me. Ya have to admit, allot of people want that pixeled crack.

I personally will go to any rare event. I think they are fun. And for one, Chessy needs a shock! *Cleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar*
Itz bees lik dat atz mostest places... butz Chessie stills bees goos place toos lib. Speshully Pitmuck! :cheerleader:

~ Icky Rotblossom ~

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Having Co-Hosted Chesapeake 2010 Rares Festival Location, Vendor Malls, Neo's Day out Play And then in 2011being the Host of the Chesapeake Rares Festival I can tell you that it will take the ENTIRE shard to pull off what I believe to be the Best and Second Best Rares Festivals Ever (No I'm not shard bias at all lol) Every single Active Township on Chesapeake was involved along with community leaders and members from the BRPA on Baja, Dudley, Drosselmeyer and.... oh, yeah.... Mesanna helped..... a little bit (Lots) It's a tremendous amount of work starting months before and definitely during so my advice is to have a bottle or liquor and baseball bat next to your monitor.....the bats for when the Liquor stops working LoL

I'm not discouraging the Rares Festival because I would really love to "Assist" and "Lend a hand" in one more Festival on Chesapeake because it truly is worth all the time, effort, and baseball bat blows to the head. Once you see so many people enjoying something you had a hand in creating, you're literally responsible for putting a smile on someones face who is miles and miles (sometimes Oceans) away.

Chesapeake Rares Festival 2010 in Kijustsu Anei Village Link
Chesapeake Rares Festival 2011 in Merxmere Village Link

Last edited:

OccupyEA

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

The vendors are disappearing because their items are overpriced and the system is messed up. When people play for fun they can't afford the millions in gold for items when they are not running scripts and such. That's the truth Plain and Simple!!:confused:

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
The vendors are disappearing because their items are overpriced and the system is messed up. When people play for fun they can't afford the millions in gold for items when they are not running scripts and such. That's the truth Plain and Simple!!:confused:

Well....cant be the truth for everyone who plays for fun and isn't running scripts to make gold because I play for fun and haven't ever stopped having fun in over 15+ nonstop, never left UO once Years And didn't use scripts to make millions either. I still have yet to own a Castle on the Chesapeake Shard and only recently was I finally able to own a Luna house because a friend gave it to me for free because he wanted me to live next to him and develop the plot.

My suggestion would be to attend a few EM events and try to get 1 item drop, then you will instantly have between 100 and 250million gold in your bank. This is the fastest way I can think of doing it and you dont need a script or illegal third party program to do it either, you just need to take a few hours and research how Ultima Online Drop/loot system works and what contributes to your characters item drop. Also you could try going back in time and attending the New Magincia event and get a Rift Pillar or Rubble Display Cases, maybe some Fire or other multi million worth items and sell them to people trying to make museums or back to the old Christmas tickets and pick yourself up a nice phoenix suit and then you you would come from "Old Gold".

Now "Making Investments" may not sound like playing Ultima Online for fun BUT for many it is and for me I like to make sure something I love and have a passion for is still here tomorrow when I want to experience it again, so I invest in my own entertainment by selling duplicate Event drop items to other collectors (For Gold) and stay up 72+ hours after a major encounter is added to the game (like Exodus) and work with others on defeating it and obtaining its reward to sell (For Gold) to those who don't want to hack and slash a monster

Last edited:

OccupyEA

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well Gareth I certainly intend no offense to you as I use your Rune Library from time to time and would help you out if I could, but I have already run into obvious scripters in TerMur recently and it just gets under my skin. I guess because I would never think of doing that I can't understand what somebody gets out of it as there is no personal achievement whatsoever to be gained from it. I did quit playing UO for several years mainly because when I moved to Nevada from Georgia to work I could barely even get really crappy dial up for years and I only have been playing again for about 9 months and I will give ya this the script stuff isn't going on like it was when I left UO.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Hard if not impossible to offend me because i say things 20x worse to myself in the mirror each morning and night. I guess my reply was more of a Public Service Announcement then anything, thats why I didn't name you BUT I did sorta highjack your post to make my own little speech, sorry bout that LoL

Last edited:

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hard if not impossible to offend me because i say things 20x worse to myself in the mirror each morning and night. I guess my reply was more of a Public Service Announcement then anything, thats why I didn't name you BUT I did sorta highjack your post to make my own little speech, sorry bout that LoL

just give me a minute..... I'll offend you

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Mees toos. Iffin dat crazie hummie in da video eber bisits da Pitmuck Deli, mees gonna runs en hides!

~ Icky ~
Johnny Depp? *ROFL*

Last edited:

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Da sceery lookin guy atz da ends. :confused:

~ Icky ~
I've been told I'm scary looking. *sighs* On topic I've never been to a rares fest so might be interesting (not that I would know what a rare was if it bit me in the hind end) My one, totally unreasonable request, would be that it's held at Tranquility. And while there, check out the "inn" Yes you can rent by the hour !

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've been told I'm scary looking. *sighs* On topic I've never been to a rares fest so might be interesting (not that I would know what a rare was if it bit me in the hind end) My one, totally unreasonable request, would be that it's held at Tranquility. And while there, check out the "inn" Yes you can rent by the hour !
Yoos notz soos sceery lookin, Sluggy... mees sees lotz ub sceerier tings wens mees lookz inz da Pitmuck Compost Barge! :hug:

~ Icky ~

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see a rares fest again on Chesapeake! I would be able to help as much as my schedule permits. I hope a group/groups are able to come together and make this happen.