• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rares Discussion on WhisperingRoseRadio.Com

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
On Shard Chatter this Friday 7pm pst 10 pm est one of the segments will be dedicated to rares and the communtity....to listen go to www.WhisperingRoseRadio.Com and tune in! No need to download anything, just click and listen

That's Tonight at 10:00pm Eastern time and 7:00pm Pacific Time a panel of three Whispering Rose Radio DJs which include DJ DR Lil, DJ TorAnn, and yours truly DJ Nails Warstein. Please post any questions or specific topics you'd like us to discuss in regards to rare items. You can also send either one of us an ICQ message during the talk show. We can talk about Events, Server Births, Semi-Rares, and Duped Rares. Tune in for all the gossip!

TorAnn ICQ - 46153352
Dr. Lil ICQ - 435097682
Nails Warstein - 150528775

www.WhisperingRoseRadio.Com

A

Ashyn

On Shard Chatter this Friday 7pm pst 10 pm est one of the segments will be dedicated to rares and the communtity....to listen go to www.WhisperingRoseRadio.Com and tune in! No need to download anything, just click and listen

That's Tonight at 10:00pm Eastern time and 7:00pm Pacific Time a panel of three Whispering Rose Radio DJs which include DJ DR Lil, DJ TorAnn, and yours truly DJ Nails Warstein. Please post any questions or specific topics you'd like us to discuss in regards to rare items. You can also send either one of us an ICQ message during the talk show. We can talk about Events, Server Births, Semi-Rares, and Duped Rares. Tune in for all the gossip!

TorAnn ICQ - 46153352
Dr. Lil ICQ - 435097682
Nails Warstein - 150528775

www.WhisperingRoseRadio.Com

While I know it is over, I can't help but comment on WRR offering any advise to the "rares" community.

As a "rares" collector in days gone by, my experience with WRR staff (within the last 6 months) made their knowledge of Rares questionable. This is not an accusation, it is an assessment based on an ingame event that many people witnessed: Rares are certainly not WRR's forteé. The WRR staff lost numerous "rare" items at one of their auctions (on Pac) simply due to a lack of knowledge on the items. In addition, they failed to read the warnings clearly listed with the items at turn in - which could have given them insight into what the "rare" items were and how they should be handled in game.

The first items lost were two (stacked) orange torches. With their vast knowledge on rares, they "Double clicked" the torches (yes, true rares collectors know what happened...they lit and turned into normal - worthless - torches and were lost from the game forever). The response, at auction summation, when arriving to collect the bid money for the auction? The WRR crew was standing about laughing at the mishap of the torches and also how numerous "newbie" deeds and items just simply poofed "one after another like dominoes." All total, 5 different types of items (some in multiples) were lost during that auction. Quite frankly, as the owner of those items, I didn't find the humor in it.

Advertising and promoting a "shard chatter" discussion on something the staff is obviousely not well enough informed on does a diservice to the entire rares collecting community.

If WRR wishes to take advantage of a fragile state within the game, they may have a right to do so; However, knowing that they have no experience in this area and didn't seek it when it was available, demonstrates where their priorities are - not the rares communit, but in their own "cyber ratings."

:grrr:

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I was on the Panel for the discussion on rares. It was an opportunity for everyone here to participate. It had nothing to do with the current staff at WRR beyond me. Unless you think I know nothing about rares?

F

feath

Rares are certainly not WRR's forteé. The WRR staff lost numerous "rare" items at one of their auctions (on Pac) simply due to a lack of knowledge on the items. ...
The response, at auction summation, when arriving to collect the bid money for the auction? The WRR crew was standing about laughing at the mishap of the torches and also how numerous "newbie" deeds and items just simply poofed "one after another like dominoes." All total, 5 different types of items (some in multiples) were lost during that auction. Quite frankly, as the owner of those items, I didn't find the humor in it.

If WRR wishes to take advantage of a fragile state within the game, they may have a right to do so; However, knowing that they have no experience in this area and didn't seek it when it was available, demonstrates where their priorities are - not the rares communit, but in their own "cyber ratings."

:grrr:
i agree, WRRs forte is music - not rares. for them to handle a rares auction without getting an experienced rares collector to lead the team was a n00b mistake. it horrifies me that they lost items due to their inexperience. To laugh about it, disgusts me. i hope they had the decency to pay you for the items they destroyed out of their ignorance.

They will have a high learning curve, just like any other new rares collector. hopefully, with nails now on the team, they will get the guidance they need to make a true contribution to the game.

its my belief they are trying to help the game by expanding into this new field for them, not for their cyber ratings.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Kaj, sorry to hear that, that was very irresponsible of them, i hope they payed you for the items?