• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

rares being copied as cc statues

L

Lucky Lisa

recalling reading on tso-e that we're *not allowed* copying rares as ccs.

cruising round stores i'm seeing gnomes, pinks, robos, turks, trees...
sup with that?

I

imported_MARCIN2006

They are not being copied as CC....

They have been moved here using the bullet train.

Its impossible (at least i think) to upload a copy of a pet and use it right now.

Gnomes Is something different but still.

I

imported_Founder

I think that stuff like mystic trees, campfires and pet statues would not be allowed simply because some people will be fooled into thinking they are RARES when they arent bec ause they look alike.

However, as a vendor of rare pet clones, I can tell you that my copies are legal because when you buy pink poodle or purple turkish, you can only buy them caged. However, these arent caged and clearly labeled as "stuffed animals." I never had one complaint yet. Heck, if somebody does buy it from me thinking it was a real live pet, I will gladfully refund their money. The whole point if not to fool people. If a cc is marked as custom content and not carbon copy, I dont see anything wrong with that.

L

Lucky Lisa

at marcin

hehe i think i know the difference too lol

check out store no. 20

L

Lucky Lisa

at founder
quoting parizad at jan 31th:

VERY IMPORTANT: ONLY upload content that you’ve made. If you steal other people’s work, it will be rejected, you will be out those simoleans, and I will chastise you. If you cry, I will point and laugh.

I think this goes without saying, but you never know, so… Do NOT upload rares (gnomes, simmies, etc).

Cort would like to thank Cherri Bear for letting him use her workbench to test this out. Thanks Cherri!

was hoping for respond from someone that knows if that is off the table...
cuz would love to make lil gnomes and rares for fun ... just thought i'm *not allowed* anyway

so.... any1 else

J

JRock

You are so right. Those are rares being uploaded as custom content. Also, a lot of the sims 1 objects are being uploaded as custom content there. If this is possible, then why is it taking so long for the dev's to put the offline sims 1 content that we have been requesting in this game?

G

There is a lot of work goes into creating a 3D object of your own. I mean creating it from scratch using a program like 3D studio max. I do know how to do that but right now I am feeling discouraged from doing so as so many copied items are finding there way in. If all anyone has to do is copy someone elses work, then why would anyone go to the effort of creating their own. After all it won't be worth any more to a buyer. So I feel while all this finding 3D objects where ever you can find them and just changing textures and colors is going on, very little of the stuff made from scratch will find its way in.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Also, a lot of the sims 1 objects are being uploaded as custom content there. If this is possible, then why is it taking so long for the dev's to put the offline sims 1 content that we have been requesting in this game?

[/ QUOTE ]Big difference. The Sims 1 objects being cloned in TSO are nothing more than static objects with no more than aethetic appeal. They cannot be interacted with, unlike the TS1 objects themselves. Adding objects is easy. Programming and attaching interactions to those objects is anything but (particularly since the interaction mechanisms in TS1 are not compatible with TSO's system.

G

I think the rules need to be made more clear here. From what I get from posts in this thread is that it is ok to get the 3D objects from where ever you like and just re texture them, or re color them. Personally I feel this is still a major breech of copy right on the person or company that made the 3D object. Especially as that is where the major amount of work is applied to creating one. But hey I may be wrong.

M

mike1977

Well I've seen gnomes before with the tree stump...but it isn't the rare one from what they've given.

G

I was just thinking yesterday how lo g it's take before someone copied the mystics and uploaded them. Then an hor later i ran into that store that had the *stuffed* rare pets, LOL