• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rares Auction Rules

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silent Auction will end Saturday Night at Midnight. Any item bid on after 11:50 PM Saturday will extend auction 10 minutes. Item will close out after it hasn't received a bid for ten consecutive minutes. This will eliminate people losing a item in the last seconds and will also provide time for everyone to post contact info, be it icq or Statics name. If you win a item and we cant get in touch with you before 9pm Sunday, we will ask the next highest bidder if they want the item for there high bid.
Also if a item is listed with no buyout and it receives a bid we will not be able to add a buyout from that point on, so make sure you think about whether or not you want a buyout before you hand us a item. Also if a item is listed and someone has met the reserve we will not be able to remove item if seller requests. So basically the rules are gonna be a little tougher on the seller,s this time around. Once all bidding ends on all the items we will be making house private. Please be patient after that point and we will do our best to get in touch with everyone as quickly as possible.
Remember to only give items to Demon Slayer at icq# 102388892, Sundina at icq# 95509325 or myself at 459-176-283. If you have suggestions or any questions please icq one of us thxs.

L

lupushor

Midnight.

Can you please specify a time zone? thank you.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good rules!

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the ending time. (way past my bed time LOL). However it's a lot more important that the ending time fits for the people running the auction than that it fits anyone else.

Great job Guys! and Gal! You three rock!

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya its a little late I was trying to think of the Pac time players as well to make sure everyone was home from work and ample time to place bids. This is based on EST. Also I guess a couple people are wondering what reserve means. Basically if reserve isn't met the seller has the choice to sell to the highest bidder or to not sell the item at all, thus he reserves the right to sell. Any more questions please post them. Thanks

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I like the new changes as well, fair for everyone.

And don't worry Ken, when you host your festival all of the auctions can end by 3:30 in the afternoon! :danceb:

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ha Ken,

you think that is way passed bedtime?

Think about the brave smiths of Scandinavia.
Hey,actually it so passed bedtime so its time to get out of bed...sort of.

CET is what ,6h ahead of the slow EST,right?
That would make it very early in the morning.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, you would have a different problem, wouldn't you?
LIke I said, the only way it really makes sense is to set the time to work for the people running the auction. After all they're the only ones that really have to be there at the end ;)

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn, wish I had known for certain on the Reserve feature. Is there a percentage of the sales of the items or fee per item going to the auction house?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what about bid increments?
I'm curious about this as well. Please make it scaled based on current amount. Doesn't have to be extremely complicated but something like...

If the item bid is less than 1m - 100k bids

If the item bid is between 1m and 25m - 1m bids

If the item bid is between 25m and 100m - 5m bids

If the item bid is 100m+ - 10m bids

It doesn't mean someone can't bid more, but then we don't have the issue of drama by someone bidding 1k on a 500m item just to extend it. It also doesn't force lower end items to a higher bid amount. If something is at 15m, I might be drawn to bid 1 more mil, but if I have to bid 5m or 10m, I'll bow out. The scaled range helps makes sure the sellers get the most gold while not causing drama for the bidders.

That's my two cents.

F

Fraggles

Please everyone read this thread to answer your auction questions

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no charge for this auction, what your item sells for is what you get. Also lets keep this one simple with a minimum of 1 mill increases. It really shouldn't be an issue this time around as item can continue as long as it keeps getting bid on within the ten minute allotted time.