• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rare pets

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I can think of a few.

1) Dread War Horses, most recently (not really rare, but no longer spawning)
2) White Wyrms with ice breath
3) Unicorns who are carnivorous

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These no longer "spawn", but are rare pets.

Red Imp
Purple Bunnies (Different shades)

C

Corrupted Goblin

Kirins meat eaters only
Phoenix Birds (you used to be able to tame them along time ago)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a couple of the 'rare' purple bunnies but at the time these were spawning it occured to me that as ALL the bunnies had changed to blue at this time it might be worth keeping a couple of the normal ones.

I have therefore kept a couple of these too and it is possible that these are now much rarer than the purple ones.

Anyone else kept a blue one?.

B

BakeryGnome

I have a couple of the 'rare' purple bunnies but at the time these were spawning it occured to me that as ALL the bunnies had changed to blue at this time it might be worth keeping a couple of the normal ones.

I have therefore kept a couple of these too and it is possible that these are now much rarer than the purple ones.

Anyone else kept a blue one?.
Blue? or do you mean the dark purple ones? Cause I know there was a rare neon purple one that spawned during Easter Time last year...

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye well I guess they could be purplish but they are the colour all bunnies went at Easter. The idea was to find the 'rare' ones but as all bunnies changed back to their usual colour after the event these are unobtainable now too.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can add Silver Steeds, Dark Steeds, Ancient Wyrms, fire damage dealing frost spiders, and super high resist imps to your ongoing rare pets list. :)

C

Ceridwen

You can add Silver Steeds, Dark Steeds, Ancient Wyrms, fire damage dealing frost spiders, and super high resist imps to your ongoing rare pets list. :)
If I remember correctly though, Silver/Dark Steeds on normal shards (not sure on Siege) will be deleted on sight by GMs, same as Ancient Wyrms (apart from that one on... Atlantic was it? if it still exists).

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, DevsOwn, and stronger hell hound leaders also spawned once upon a time, but no more - we have pack instinct instead now.

If I remember correctly though, Silver/Dark Steeds on normal shards (not sure on Siege) will be deleted on sight by GMs, same as Ancient Wyrms (apart from that one on... Atlantic was it? if it still exists).
You remember correctly, though, of course, the key phrase there is "on sight."

To the best of my knowledge and belief, Order, the most famous of tamed Ancient Wyrms, was retired with honours on his home shard of Atlantic. I may not quote or link my source here as it contravenes current TOS (wrt item & gold sales), however, a google/web search will throw out the article confirming it if you use the key words: "Ancient Wyrm" "Order" "Atlantic".

Neon bunnies - Here's a screenie of both bunny types (neon and purple). I have a few scattered around on non-tamer chars.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
*wants one of dem dare spiders!!*:spider::spider::spider:

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww, I traded the one and only fire damage dealing frost spider I had (and only one I ever saw) to a friend on Europa for the last few pieces of legit/markable Europa gold cloth I felt confident enough to purchase/trade for.

As far as I know, he still has Sparky. If I ask nicely, I'm sure I can get screenies. :)

EDIT:- Weren't red bunnies tameable for a verrrrry short time at the Magincia/rubble event? Possible there may be some of those, would be a nice trio of different colour bunnies.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasn't there a zoo event years ago where you could get a coloured, red maybe, sheep?

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were some rare hued pets given out in Asia but not sure what happened to them. Some died apparently.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Escaflowne - i still love your pack of rare colored hellcats that you had at the Europa rares fest - those were very cool :)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks :) yeah i love my hellcats, lovely colours and such cool pets! :) And a strong pack to hunt with :)