• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rare pets worth anything? (Looking for Info!)

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if I should be posting in this thread or the 'Rares' thread (which I will probably end up doing both most likely), but let's start here.

I have A LOT of rare pets. Some of these were acquired from very old accounts, friends who quit, etc...

Some old/semi rares like the old school pink hell cat leader, a meat eating unicorn, a dark wolf familar that was tameable (0 is all resists), a Clan Ribbon Plague Rat, some prepatch nightmares/white wyrms, vollums, bake kitsunes, dreads & banes, normal black horses anyone can ride and things like that.

Then some extreme oddities I know are/could be? worth a lot due to rarity. I have quite a few white non-hue pets. Things such as a forest ostard, a frenzied ostard, a baby hell cat, a lava lizard. I even have a fire beetle that is the normal blue color. There may be a few I am missing, I'll have to go look.

I was curious with the insane prices of things, are these rares and oddities worth a lot? I know when I quit about 4 years ago before pet training, I saw a normal white hued forest ostard sell for a couple plat on Atlantic, so I always figured that would be my nest egg if I returned lol.

All of these things (well most of them, I started to pet train a couple) haven't even had their pet training started, that's how long I have been gone lol.

Anyways! Glad to be back for now! Absolutely any information would be awesome. Thanks in advanced for reading and helping out!

Edit: Photo below of a few of the things.

1666585564508.png

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Have to be careful with those rare hue deals. They nerfed some of those not too long ago. A lot of folks lost out on gold/pet hue.. especially when it came to the Medusa pet glitch. Seems like that also impacted the Baracoon glitch as well.

Personally I think the rare forum allows the sale of pets that anyone can own... seems like they kick the true tamer pets though (or at least the did the last I knew).

mihali

Sage
I would not train any of the rare pets for now, and try to get some gold for some of them. Any training you do now onprepatch nightmares WWs, banes or dreads, you lose value. As for learning the new taming if you are into taming the Test center is your friend, just copy your tamer there and train away, if you mess up, delete and transfer the tamer there again etc. Also to learn the new taming tame a Cu or a regular mare or 2 and learn on those.
The other rare pets you mention are true rarities, and collectors may pay plats for some. I would post them with pics on the Traders Forum for ideas as to value. Find value, then sell if you need and dont be in a hurry to sell.
welcome back and good luck.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For the white wyrms, look at this post and do some tests. The gen 1 wyrms are super rare and worth a fortune I guess. There are only a handful in existence that we know of. Even the gen 2 ones are worth quite a bit.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not really the most knowledgeable pet guy but i think the fact you started training the ww lowered it's value?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WW has medium strength. 760 is max. You need to find the generation, to see if it will be collectable for that reason.

Banes are worth the most. Price around 1plat and more.

The nightmares are keepers. Some will pay too much for them. Intensity matters.

The intensity of the ki rin and it's value of fire resists matters. Not much of a market for those unless high intensity and high fire resist. They are hard to build and non mounts.

Cats don't have a large market. More of a novelty.

Don't know about the unicorn. No one knows what they eat when at the bank sitting on it.

Intensity should be calculated on the nightmares and ki rins.

For the WW.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any old Cus , Hiryus , and Giant or Fire Beetles are junk because they are higher slot than current spawning.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything is still around and available. I may start auctioning off some things a week at a time, likely starting high due to a lot of interest but very little information available.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weekly check in. Was offered 4P for the frenzied to give a ballpark on that. Any ideas in the forest ostard? White lizard? White fire cat? No resist tamable dark work?

Also going rates for banes, dreads, and black horses?

Tamporter

Visitor
I would not train any of the rare pets for now, and try to get some gold for some of them. Any training you do now onprepatch nightmares WWs, banes or dreads, you lose value.
Hi, I'm a returning player, but why would any training to bane dragons or dreads lose value? I have one of each and the new Training for pets intrigued me enough to sub. I was interested in training them since they both have a high intensity cap.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi, I'm a returning player, but why would any training to bane dragons or dreads lose value? I have one of each and the new Training for pets intrigued me enough to sub. I was interested in training them since they both have a high intensity cap.
Because others like to start fresh and ruin them. :gee:

mihali

Sage
The answer to this question is really:
You can estimate the value of the banes and dreads by looking at the trades forum.
The untrained banes sell usually at about 1 to 1.4 plat (Billions of gold) depending on some stats and intensity.
Trained or ruined ones sell for a lot less if sell at all depending on what you did for them.
Similarly for Dreads and they sell for less usually 500 Million to 800 Million untrained.
As metioned best is to sell 1-2 of these to fund you game and get decent gear for your player, then learn the new taming training on pets that spawn today, and then try to "train" one of them in the Test shard and experiment there befor you attempt to train in the regulars shards.
Main thing is banes and dreads are desirable PVP pets, trained differently than PVM.

Tamporter

Visitor
The answer to this question is really:
You can estimate the value of the banes and dreads by looking at the trades forum.
The untrained banes sell usually at about 1 to 1.4 plat (Billions of gold) depending on some stats and intensity.
Trained or ruined ones sell for a lot less if sell at all depending on what you did for them.
Similarly for Dreads and they sell for less usually 500 Million to 800 Million untrained.
As metioned best is to sell 1-2 of these to fund you game and get decent gear for your player, then learn the new taming training on pets that spawn today, and then try to "train" one of them in the Test shard and experiment there befor you attempt to train in the regulars shards.
Main thing is banes and dreads are desirable PVP pets, trained differently than PVM.
Thank you kindly for the advice! I didn't realize they were more PVP pets. I guess I'll have to sell them instead :)