• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rare Orange Fish! What is it worth?

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, today an elven fisherman pulled this rare fish from the waters off New Haven. I've never seen a fish so brilliant in color. Is it a rare item? What is it's value? Perhaps one of the many museums would like it as a donation?

Safe Travels, Sam

G

I thought they came from the same exploit that makes quest orange ingots, cloth, bottles, chairs and what have you. I didnt know you fished them up.

T

TheGwy

They are EXPLOITS, you CANNOT fish them up, they dont belong on this forum

T

Tazar

Considering Sam's upstanding reputation on Atlantic, I am inclined to believe that he just fished it up. Sam never cuts a story short and will often go on for ages with details. His offer to donate it to one of the museums also means that he is not in it for the profit as we all know a true duper would be.

There may well be a quest-exploit that also creates them, but I for one believe Sam.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Considering Sam's upstanding reputation on Atlantic, I am inclined to believe that he just fished it up. Sam never cuts a story short and will often go on for ages with details. His offer to donate it to one of the museums also means that he is not in it for the profit as we all know a true duper would be.

There may well be a quest-exploit that also creates them, but I for one believe Sam.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are created. Not fished up.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He probably found it somewhere and decided to make a story around it not realizing what he has :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

He probably found it somewhere and decided to make a story around it not realizing what he has :p

[/ QUOTE ]
/true

Lay off 'ole Sam ya'll he's just our Stratics storyteller.

(He's on a journyman stoic I think all they can fish up are shoes anyway lol...)

T

TheGwy

---------
Anybody can make a noob fisherman, get an exploited fish chuck it in his bag and look what I justed fished up and hope a few suckers, I wont name names but they posted replies..., belive them? heck I can go make a newbie smith for you, go buy orange ingots off vendors and say Oh My Google look what I just got smelting this ore....

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As stories about a potential fish-exploit began to circulate throughout the halls of the Rares Forum, Sam began to feel that Rolin's tale of a rare orange fish seemed... well, rather fishy.

Heading down to the New Haven docks, Sam tried to find the elven fisherman who told him the tale of the miraculous orange fish. Unable to locate him, Sam turned to a local fisherman, who identified himself as Norton.

"Norton, I've heard tales of orange fish being caught in these waters, have you any information?"

A wide grin spreads across the face of the old fisherman. "Orange fish ya say. Someone been tellin' you stories of orange fishies?"

"Why yes sir!" Replied Sam.

"Have you never heard of a quest item lad? When folks about these lands embark on a quest, they oft mark their items orange to keep them seperate from the other junk in their packs. Personally I wont accept any fish that aint colored properly."

Sam scratched his chin thoughtfully. "Oh, I have heard of that. So you are a questgiver then?"

Norton reaches into his backpack and pulls out some seasoned fishsteaks. "Well lad, aint much of a quest. My poles broke ya see. If any are willin to help catch a few fish for me I sprinkle some of my special seasoning on a few of the fillets and cook em up special as a way of sayin thanks."

Sam nibbles on one of the delicious fish steaks. "So, the rare orange fish..."

Norton slaps the gullible scribe on the back. "Just a fish story, Sam. Just a fish story."