• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Rare, or not rare?

S

Strichnine

A spellbook with 65 spells? An unknown deed that when you put it in your backpack, dbl click it to place and says the deed does not seem to be for anything? And last a pile of gold that says a gold coin, but when you pick it up there is 65,533 there.

These are just a couple items i got from and old castle that fell recently. Thank you..

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all three are bugged, the unknown deed fetches a few mil I think? aaaand *slams head on the keyboard* gimmie a few and I'll remember how the other two were made... maybe

S

Strichnine

Thanks for the quick response. I figured they were all bugged but ya never know :)

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
taken straight from the Begging FAQ:

Q: I got a pile of coins that says it's worth 65535, how is that possible?
A: It's not. It's just a bugged coin pile that is worth 1 gp.

ha! i knew I'd remember it.

now for the spellbook...

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh, keep in mind the FAQ was from 2005, so the bug might have been fixed a while ago, and the 'coin' might be worth a lot... not nothing, you'd have to ask in the begging forum :)

D

DVI

taken straight from the Begging FAQ:

Q: I got a pile of coins that says it's worth 65535, how is that possible?
A: It's not. It's just a bugged coin pile that is worth 1 gp.

ha! i knew I'd remember it.

now for the spellbook...
The pile of gold coins that appears as a single coin but shows the worth of several k plus occurs occasionally from vendors falling due to lack of resources.

S

Smokey of LS

im almost positive you can get them from beggin, maybe even still. i think i remember gettin one, one of the last halloweens when i was beggin to gain it a lil for trick or treatin.

W

wikky

I had heard the coin stack was a halloween handout.. trick or treat--- in this case you were tricked-

A

ambernectar

i have a spell book with 120 spells in it, cant be remotely rare as its on my pk char and I've never bought him anything funky!

im guessing it was made through a vendor bug or similar?

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gold coin, weren't those the ones you could potentially get if you begged with EXTREMELY negative karma? (they're essentially negative gold) Honestly, with how little attention begging gets, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if that was never fixed.