• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] rare or no rare weddingband ring look pic?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are technically rares. A long time ago you could create multi-gem jewelry, all gemstones. You could make bracelets, earrings, rings and necklaces, The highest amount a piece could have is 60,000. Their value seems to be based off mainly their stone count with matching gemstone count jewelry sets of 4 or 6 worth more. One popular theme crafters made were "year" sets, which is what you have. Other include stuff like 666, 69 and then the more rounded ones like 50, 1,000, 10,000, etc. You had to have the amount of gemstones on you to make the number you want, but when you actually crafted it luckily only used one gem. This was back when gold was significantly more expensive than today (I recall around $50 a million about that time) and so the highest counts were harder to find because of the upfront cost... not to mention the respawn NPC wait as there wasn't the set 500 back then.

With history lesson finished, I base prices on the gemstone count. What I usually sell the individual 1k-2k pieces for is around 250k each. You might be able to get more with the sequential numbers, but I don't know what sort of attraction that has for folks.

Hope that helps. :)

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Diamonds were the most commonly used gems for jewelry. It was the most thought after gem in its time, mostly based on value over other gems in game/RL. Most other gems were used for personally preference, mainly gem color or gem name. The jewelries' made with multi-gems like Tourmaline and Citrine were much fewer in numbers, less desirable, but more rare overall. More rare does not always reflect more worth either though... :(

If one was a packrat to useless items back then and hoarded gem stones, and happened to love in-game jewelry, that one person most likely would have made sets which included all multi-gem stones to add to that person's outfit collection... I believe that one person has 9 chests in total. Each chest representing each gem stone. :rolleyes: The beauty of making multi-gem jewelry was it only took up one gem stone every time. :p

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Forgot to mention... If strictly speaking of crafted jewelry, then I believe the Tree Ornament crafted jewelry should be the most rare if only speaking crafted jewelry with no properties. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was achieved through a bug during one holiday very briefly, somewhere between 97-99 I think... Multi-gem was not achievable during that time, so maybe 97-98?

It is like the "Holiday Timepiece" and "Wrist Watch", without properties, those awesome old jewelry just does not hold as much worth anymore.

:heart: