• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] rare festival my take

W

woody_cats

ok normally I am a serious rare collector who hides in the backgroud and usually get my rares delivered to me . well thanks to manticore i desided to adventor to atlantic. Well i arrived on shard and suprisingly found some not to unfrienly people to sort of help me so i got me a ruine to the festival brought some money and was like ok . well i arrived wed evening and some vendors were set up a nice thing. i get a few things and was like ok . i desided to log on last night and wow was it thriving a lot more vendor and met vladimire so congratulated him on bank and lol wanted to see the estate he had well he took me on a tour and kimmey of napa (excuse name) came alone so meet both also saw some other names from board but did not say hello. realize had to check those vendor went back a third time now and bought a few more things . think hehe got this covered this morning got on before work 540 am est checked vendors and say like 5 to 10 people there some stuff wanted bought like 2 things said ok let me bank this and transfer checks from my beetle to bank box gated back and all rest were gone so like hehe a great job and not even open and wow need to be quicker hehe. already low money and not even started . great job all

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was awesome last night no doubts. A lot of fun and very interesting!

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So where exactly are the vendors located? I had a look around Luna a bit ago but didn't find anything. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone was leaving runes at Luna bank for the event, I can get you sextant co-ordinates if you like or mark you a rune if you can get online atm?

N

NewThunder

I have been checking frequently, this morning found that Europa Gold robe I had been wnating for some time at a reasonable price.

T

Teufel_Hund

So where exactly are the vendors located? I had a look around Luna a bit ago but didn't find anything. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Aibal if you still hadn't found it later give me a shout and I will get you there!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's going great! Lots of people and great stuff so far! Keep up the good work everyone!

*drops more green festival runes of godliness*

D

DVI

I must say I'm over whelemed by the turn out for this festival and how excited people are. It makes me happy to know that people did miss this event and reminds me how important it is for our community.

Perhaps, I'll even consider doing it again down the road...

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been a lot of fun so far! I found many items I had been searching for for a long time now :)

T

Tewhai

I must say I'm over whelemed by the turn out for this festival and how excited people are. It makes me happy to know that people did miss this event and reminds me how important it is for our community.

Perhaps, I'll even consider doing it again down the road...

DVI - You definitely did a SUPERB job :)

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aibal if you still hadn't found it later give me a shout and I will get you there!
Thanks bro, I found a rune earlier today. Was sweet to say the least!:) I will be back today or tomorrow to thoroughly go through each vendor.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey!! while we can all claim its a great job...

We can also say there a mix of absolute crap in with the real stuff

And this WILL CATCH NEWER PEOPLE OUT!!!

Im talking ****e like normal coloured ''eggs''!! fleeced off as olde easter eggs of the past. selling for uber gold...and quite a few new haven quest items that are free.. trying to sell for silly amounts of gold...etc etc etc

HEY great job but stil a lot of scammers cashing in... BE CAREFULL FOLKS!!

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
rolleyes:

Im talking ****e like normal coloured ''eggs''!! fleeced off as olde easter eggs of the past. selling for uber gold...and quite a few new haven quest items that are free.. trying to sell for silly amounts of gold...etc etc etc

thanks for lookin out for us dad. rolleyes: you do realize that some shards did have different graphics for eggs this year and one of them was the old easter egg graphic with different hues?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen some items that are really shady, but only from only a few vendors. I think what maybe ought to be done is that at the end of the festival that we as a community should make a list of items that should 'not' be sold on the vendors. There are items like the haven skill quest items that should be sold for collectors, but possibly price capped to reflect their value so that while they are available to collectors of them, they are not confused as 'rares'. Perhaps if a future vendor carries the disallowed items or chooses to go over the price cap for certain items than they will not get a vendor at the next one.

What we have to remember is... these items are not the fault of DVI or anyone else who has helped with this event. Once that vendor is placed, the house owner is helpless if the owner chooses to sell shady items. However, I really feel that we as a community DO need to address this because it is going to give the festivals and the community as a whole a bad reputation for 'scamming'.

I personally would like to see at the next one... someone volunteer to manage a vendor with examples of 'non-rare' items or have special locked down containers with books explaining what the item is and where it comes from. As a community we should take an ACTIVE role in educating the general public about things like this. Maybe someone can run a public lecture/class about what items to watch out for and how to avoid being scammed. We should attempt to make events as a community aside from just the festivals as not only to help less veteran collectors, but to protect the uo community as a whole.

Just my two cents...

Also, I'd like to thank Kimberly of Napa and all those who worked on the 'Fake Rares' book. She has been selling these for free on her vendor to help educate the public and I personally applaud her for it.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the fake rares book is awesome...

and kinda points to the items i refer to like haven items like ''barrel hoops'' for instance that are free from haven newbie quests yet u se em on the rares vendors for millos- VERY SAD

AND im referring to common ''eggs'' that are labelled for sale as ''8 year old easter gifts form the past''...LOL... NOT NEW HUED COLOURS lol LOL

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And yes !!! YA dad will be watching this!! LOL

POINTS to the free rares fake book on the vendors B4 U BUY

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Last festival there was even people selling cookie plates trying to pass them off as real rares! What a hoot rolleyes:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
!!! So many fine items for sale! You guys have such interesting things! My favorites are the boulder, marble table, sickly (pretty imho)
green plants and that tacky web. Oh ya and the little stool!

I saw barrel hoops for sale. Has anyone complained about buying them? Or other non rares? Yay for Kimberly's book!

This is an awesome player event and I met many new fun people! Thanks all it was great fun! You too DVI! :)

Thor VII

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Last festival there was even people selling cookie plates trying to pass them off as real rares! What a hoot rolleyes:
i agree 100%

really nice ppl there and honest.

but still there the same F****ers, damn dupers/scammers - i hate f**** you

sorry my french

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i acctually stopped attending these festivals because of stuff like that and the list of participants raised some eybrows on at least me...

I thought it was discussed many times that some indivudials are not allowed to take part in the party....

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, I see a lot of common items. Spirit of totems, ethys, tokens, and SOTs. I mean really, SOT's? Put these items on a vendor house. Not a rares festival. They are not rare!

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were some definite questionable items in there...I know most of the community was aware of them but seems others still bought the items. It's discouraging to say the least but it seems there's always at least one in the crowd.

The books on Kimberly's vendor were an awesome idea and well put together.

Despite the above I still had a lot of fun shopping and even selling a few items. Even found myself with some items I didn't know I wanted - lol. I can't wait for the next one :)

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, guys! =)

Really, I just got the ball rolling. So many people were a part of helping put that book together. I only hope that I didn't miss anyone in the "Contributers" section. If I did, please let me know so I can update future copies.

I also wanted to say a special "thank you" to Assia. She made sure I had enough red leaves to seal the (many batches of) books. Also, she helped me check some of the items to make sure they were still obtainable.

I will comment on the Rares Festival later...

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well the barrel hoops were my fault, i didnt know they were still obtainable..last time i did that quest was years ago and since i havent seen one on a vender anywhere in years and thought the quest was over with when they killed off haven so i put the few extra i had on the venders. my bad, im sorry wasnt intentional.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Kimberly's book will help out so many people and I'm sure we'll be able to add to it as time goes by!
Also, I like seeing some non-rare items mixed in with the rares SupSoc (I don't mean false rares, I mean things like talismans, pigments of tokuno, ethy pets) - gives players who can't afford real rares but who still want to participate and buy stuff something to smile about :D

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Kimberly's book will help out so many people and I'm sure we'll be able to add to it as time goes by!
Also, I like seeing some non-rare items mixed in with the rares SupSoc (I don't mean false rares, I mean things like talismans, pigments of tokuno, ethy pets) - gives players who can't afford real rares but who still want to participate and buy stuff something to smile about :D
I agree with NDM. Not everyone can afford the high-end rares, so a few lower end items, even if not real rares are a good thing. New rares collectors have to start somewhere. Besides, not everyone who visits is a collector and if we are going to help educate folks, we need even non-rares collectors to have a reason to come.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a great time at the festival. It was good to see all of the old people and good to meet new people.

:::Thank you DVI for hosting it.
:::Thank you Kimberly of Napa for being so outgoing and friendly to everyone.
:::Thank you cute little llama who congratulated me on winning the Brit Bank Design Contest for Lake Austin. It made me feel good that someone remembered.
:::Thank you Wraith for letting me go shopping and buying me neat stuff.

I don't know who I'm forgetting, but I will stop now.

It was a good festival and I hope anyone who didn't come this time, will go to the next rares festival. You don't have to be a rares collector to come by and visit or look around.

BlissMarie

rmjcsr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also had a ball at the fest.I wanted to thank the folks who advised me on a tough decision brown bananas or short stool. I love the bananas :) Also i bought a few of the oddball items such as orange fish steaks not sure if these are still obtainable or not but fun nonetheless.Thank you and I am looking forward to the next one.