• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rare Collector's Festival & The Council of Rares

D

DVI

The new date is Friday May 30th thru Sunday June 1st.

If you have not submitted your list of items that you will be selling, please try to get that to me within the next week so that I can begin to advertise the items that will be at the festival.

If you would be interested in auctioning off any of your items please submit a second list with any minimums for each. The auction will be run by YGV vendors and will be done on stratics, not in game. Buyers will still be responsibile to come to LS to purchase their items.

Due to stratics being down the participant and vendor list has been lost, please icq me (247-299-718) with your stratics name and let me know if you will be needing a vendor. Remember vendors are first come, first serve so reserve it now so you dont miss out!

Festival Itinerary

Friday May 30th

Official Welcome to the Rare Collector's Festival
6pm EST

Statement from the High Council of Rares
[Founded by Tomas Bryce of The [Treasure Trove] Mall [ATL]
615pm EST

Stratics Auction Begins
[Hosted by YGV Auctions]
730pm EST

[DVI] Raffle Vendors Open
8pm EST

Saturday May 31st

Deal or No Deal [UO Style]
6pm EST

The First Meeting of the High Council of Rares
9pm EST

Sunday June 1st

A Tale of Murder
[Designed by Lariat of Baja Imports]
6pm EST

Closing Ceremonies for the High Council of Rares
8pm EST

Auction & Game Winners Named
9pm EST

Closing Ceremonies for the Rares Festival
930pm EST

If anyone has any questions or concerns please let me know via ICQ.

247-299-718

To find the Rares Festival house, walk west out of the Luna Gate, and turn South along the path. The house is the 2nd house south of where the path ends.

D

DVI

Current Festival Items

1. blood tile
2. double blessed blue sandals
3. double blessed gray sandals
4. green mugs
5. donuts
6. coal ingots
7. 3 lockpicks together
8. mondain plate
9. brit guard sash
10. shovel with no uses
11. purple spellbook
12. a hatchet: 80 uses remaining
13. an interior door key
14. rubble: morning glories
15. rubble: 4 piece archway facing south
16. rubble: tent corner
17. happy holidays bag empty
18. seasons greetings card
19. ring: "to eternity's end with all my love, forever and always, Robert"
20. exceptional quality items
21. a welcome
22. a magic war hammer
23. a magic short spear
24. a magic war axe
25. a magic large battle axe
26. use best weapon skill bows
27. unknown
28. old house addon deeds
29. movable ballot box
30. book of truth turnin items
31. suit of red bone armor
32. suit of blue bone armor
33. valentine bag/cards/muffins
34. a robe
35. bucket
36. Playing Cards
37. Wash Basin
38. Partisan of chaos Sash
39. RBG Sashs Pure White Europa Gold
40. Small Treasure Chest
41. Tray
42. Covered Chair
43. Champ Idol Skull
44. Open Books
45. Blood Spawn
46. Tacky Web
47. Boulder
48. UO Magic Moments Invite
49. Sneakers by Sienna
50. Cloak of Minax
51. Sneakers by Cerulean
52. Deed for a vendor named Kirk
53. Movable Ballot Box
54. Rubble Pants
55. Full Assassin Armor Suit
58. Set of Blood tiles ( non rubble)
59. Full Dull Copper Plate Mail Suit w/ Norse Helm (all [exceptional w same maker)
60. [Exceptional] Heater Shield
61. 5/6 pc GM Coal set w/ norse helm (same maker)
62. RGB sashes (multiple colors)
63. Sigil Deer Mask
64. Deed for a vendor named Antonio
65. Mallet and Chisel --no uses--came from before they were tools
66. 6 Green Glasses
67. 6 Mondains plates
68. 3 Donuts
69. 10 "a scroll" different directions 23 total scrolls
70. 2 sets of 3 lockpicks together
71. gloves "of exceptional quality"
72. 3 benches "of exceptional quality"
73. shadow katana "of exceptional quality"
74. deed to a guildstone DOT Defenders of Trinsic
75. Castle - The first Castle placed on Ls ( owned by Dennar the bowyer)

Festival Auction Items
1. deed to a guildstone DOT Defenders of Trinsic
2. Skull with Candle always lit server
3. a wispering rose from "Me"
4. some rune books with ascii code
5. Lake Superior Fishing Contest top 10 Fisherman tall straw hat cont
6. Full Vials-server birth Flask--
7. empty tall--server birth Flask-
8. small red beaker-server birth
9. "Love Conquers all things" silver ring
10. "Forever Entwined" silver ring
11. Wedding Certificate for Logan and Little Magnolia
12. Flask Stand--server birth
13. Lenshire Clan Tabard
14. Open Book (server birth)

D

DVI

Sponsors
1. Baja Imports
2. YGV Auctions
3. Deal or No Deal UO Style
4. Whispering Rose Radio
5. Aspen of [DVI] Vendors - Founder & Host

Attendees

1. Restless*
2. Elbryan*
3. Demonous*
4. Criminal
5. Flutter
6. Tomas Bryce*
7. Kaj*
8. Flannuva*
9. Larissa
10. Moby Grape*
11. Athelas*
12 Armed4fun
13. Treyster*
14. AtlanticVlad*
15. SilbeRCatT
16. Wraith One*
17. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awwwww - i bumped my trip from the 24/25 to the 31st so i could attend the rares fest :(
i won't be anywhere near a computer the weekend of the 31st. i'll just have to look forward to rares fest #3!

K

Kratos Aurion

I'm really looking forward to this festival:)

Just stop messin with the dates cuz you're beginning to confuse me!:eek:

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i will be attending and would like to reserve a vendor spot

D

DVI

Nine Dark Moons, I apologise for the change in dates it was necessary due to the holiday though.

If you would like you're welcome to set up a vendor prior to leaving for vacation with any items yould like to sell, in addition if there are any items advertised for sale that you might like I can put you in contact with the seller so as to possibly reach a deal.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nine Dark Moons, I apologise for the change in dates it was necessary due to the holiday though.

If you would like you're welcome to set up a vendor prior to leaving for vacation with any items yould like to sell, in addition if there are any items advertised for sale that you might like I can put you in contact with the seller so as to possibly reach a deal.

awwww, thanks Aspen! the only thing i'm really interested in is the "tacky web" (is it tacky like austin powers or tacky like sticky? i'm guessing sticky...) i icq'd treyster this morning because he's got one advertised on his vendor in atlantic luna (i'm guessing it's his that will be at the rares fest). i'm hoping he might be able to show me what it looks like so i can put in a bid or whatever. i still haven't gotten my act together enough to actually sell stuff at the festival (next time for sure!) - i was mostly just going to participate and hopefully buy a bunch of stuffs :)

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe it looks exactly like the Baja Halloween spider web but with a different name.

D

DVI

I still have not recieved an rsvp from many people, please pm/icq/post a rsvp so I know you're coming and indicate whether you will be requiring a vendor.

Thank you!

D

DVI

Just a reminder the Festival is only 10 days away!

So if you haven't yet rsvp'd, reserved a vendor, or given me your auction and sale lists(the sale list is not mandatory, but assists in advertising items and drawing in more individuals to purchase your items) please do so.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmm Boulder Tasty!!! *Licks lips* er um *Looks around* Musttering: I hope no one saw that.

I hope people bring more boulder type stuff... =) I like out door stuff...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be coming along to keep some normality to proceedings!!

D

DVI

While all are welcome, please remember this is an event to foster increased community relationships and interaction.

I expect all participants to be friendly and respectful at all times towards all those attending the festival, be they the well known collector, or the unknown player who passes through.

Failure to maintain a positive attitude and a friendly, respectful disposition during the Festival events will result in you being banned from the proceedings of the current Festival, and all those which follow.

Aspen

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take it thats a hit at me?? well iam coming for sure...the first one was great! lets the hope the second is even better.....

Im the good guy!! Why the bad press is beyond me...I detest the scripters and there illegal ways...I take a huge part in People/player power!!! This is helping fight the scripters and hurt em in there pockets!! If it was not for people like me and many others too, making a big song and dance about the vinecord scandal then i doubt the devs would have done a thing about it...

Just step back for a minute and consider what good we can do to help UO a better dupe free place!!

People/player power can do this!!!...and sometimes while doing it u can look out of the ordinary..(like me i guess) ...but i aint stopping the way iam till ALL DUPING and THE 99.99% SUPER DUPED original one of a kind ( but theres 100+ on the market) are also deleted and the dupers take another big punch in the face!!

Iam THP!!.....(in the tone of iam beuwolf!!)

D

DVI

It is a general reminder to all players who chose to attend, but especially for those with a more stubborn or fiery disposition.

We're all welcome to our opinions, but that is what they are opinons, do not try and force them on others, do not preach them, and do not criticize others for disagreeing with you, and most important remember you opinion is not fact unless you have evidence to support your claim.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If nobody had ever preached there would never had been different religions...with no different religions there would never have been any wars....

sad but true...

I tell thingS HOW they are... sorry if it offends anyone...

THP

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a shame many of the events are hosted at around 1AM or later (in my timezone). That will make it very hard for me to attend (I need sleep too!).

I'll try to attend as many of the events as possible though.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Council of rare stuff will be all Europe timezone friendly considering I live in Europe too and I also very much like sleep :p

K

Kratos Aurion

only 15 people attending? last time was 40+...
he didn't make a backup of the list from the previous stratics forum and no one has re-registered so its whoever shows up shows up at this point.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to be fair, JC, what he says is that dupers *may* be attempting to take advantage of the fact that collectors (and their gold) will be congregating on LS... I did not read that post as an accusation

D

DVI

Vendor's are now available, those with reservations get first stab.

Also there have been some concerns expressed regarding the time table of the festival for our European friends who are planning to attend.

I will be reviewing the schedule to attempt to make any possible changes I can to accomodate all participants but please be aware due to the drastic time difference from europe to the west coast of america there may be some portions of the event which may be some what early or some what late for specific individuals, and I apologise for that.

K

Kratos Aurion

I'll be over as soon as I get home from grad prac. Busy week for me I hope this relieves some stress:D

S

SilentFoxXy

I was looking forward so much to this superb event, just a shame that due to time constraints (8pm EST being 2am my time) I will not be able to visit any of the scheduled events.

Ill do my best however, and best of luck to the folks hosting this event.

Ive been to LS, sent a few GP over, and already seen a lovely full set of Tree ornaments there Id love to get.....:)

Im assuming the house will be filled vendor wise?? shame to see only 1 or 2 vendors with items on

Good Luck organisers

Mandy (CatT)

D

DVI

Again I apologise to those participants who reside in Europe, but I have to take into consideration the time zone(s) of the majority of the participants, which happens to be EST for myself, above and beyond that I have to consider my personal schedule which happens to include a girlfriend, a full time job, friends, and a heavy gym schedule. So what this means is I have to fit things in as I can.

On that note, I have pushed the opening aspects of the event tonight forward by 1 hour.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can u post a worldwide time start please for the LS event//:wall:

Oh i see Kaj as replied..so midnight uk time start...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome Opening of the event...

Well done DVI and Thomas Bryce and anyone involved with it!

AND...''Manticores Castle''...oh lordy...What a TREAT for a visit!!! Its jaw dropping, every UO player past and present should visit this!! Iam sure it does not get any better than this!! Totally awesome ...

Hope i didnt miss anything after Mantis visit because i had to take leave at this point!!!

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I have waited the longest I can for stratics to get back,but its seems that it will not be anytime soon.

It was sad that I missed the opening of festival last night, I didnt noticed that the time was changed 1 hour.If I had know I would stay up abit longer.
Grrr.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm afraid I missed the meeting.
Can someone give a rundown of the discussion?

L

Lariat

In lieu of the "A Tale of Murder" which did not happen due to Murphy's Law, we will be holding a Scavenger Hunt in approximately 2 hours (8:30 central time)! Prizes will be announced at the beginning of the hunt. Sorry for the short notice, but come on down! We'll kick off from the RCF house just West of Luna.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm afraid I missed the meeting.
Can someone give a rundown of the discussion?
I second the motion, where can we find the minutes on this here meeting?

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had a good time, got some good deals and met some great people.
Thanks to everyone who helped put on the auction and other events I was able to attend.
Look forward to the next one :)

D

DVI

icq/pm tomas or speak to him in game.

self nominations are due no later than this coming saturday