• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rare Collector Intro :)

Dr. Angel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi All!
I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I have read Stratics for years and just recently decided to make an account. I have primarily bought rares during my years of UO.

I love to collect and buy: Holiday Foods, Animals, and neat looking deco for my houses!

I am normally on Pacific shard and started on that shard in 1997. My main character is Angelica which also happens to be my real name! I took a break from UO in 2009 to finish my doctorate degree. I just recently returned to a shard that isn't as busy as I left it. I made a character on Atlantic and started transferring rares etc. back to Pacific. I have since enjoyed the busy Atlantic shard and decided to keep a character there.

You may see me from time to time bidding on your items. Please know, that I am authentic and serious with my bids. Please feel free to ICQ me anytime at 628671194!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Dr. Angelica

Matty O No

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
From one guildy to another Welcome to the forums! Be sure to save something to splurge at the rares fest!!

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I recommend this player highly. I have brokered and sold to them many times. They are among the best of what UO has to offer. Please treat them like you would any veteran collector. The same goes for Matty O No! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Angel Face! Shakeheart! So we meet again, not sure if thats good or bad for you.... did you bring the Sparkle Fairy person with you too?!? and anyone ever make you that Chocolate shake with pizza?

Welcome to the Rares Community! I've written out a few things you may need to know to survive your first few months here.
1. The Rares Community is like The Beverly Hillbillies
2. You will want to kill everyone here at one point or another
3. When in doubt ask Nails Warstein, Nabin, Manticore
Last and most Important! Show Gareth your rares first so he (I) can take a picture :please:

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am new as well, and it's good to see a new face besides mine joining the family. At first I was afraid to ask questions, but shortly realized there are some folks here that want to help out and be your friend. :)

So welcome Dr. Angel!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Welcome to the community friend. It is great times we are in.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome To The Rares Community!!

I'm not sure if you know or not, but on the Atlantic Shard, Toad Town his hosting a Rares Festival for all collectors, new and experienced. We offer a weekend full of events with some very nifty rewards. We have made it to where even the newest of collectors can come back to their home shard with some very high end rewards. The Fest will be:

June7 - June 9th
Vendor Reservations start a week prior to the fest (June 1rst)
Events held by the Toad Town Staff will take place all weekend
Over 500M in Rewards :)
And the pleasure of getting to know the Rares Community

(Tons of more things to be announced)

Last edited:

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
A Doctor Oh?

We're definitely going to need a doctor to repair the wounds from these cutthroat auctions! Glad to have you on board, I myself only started and joined the Rares Community from scratch about three years ago, thinking a Copper Spun Diving Bell was a "Prime Rare", but I have quickly progressed. One thing I have learned here is that there is no such thing as a stupid question so ask away because 9 times out of 10, you will have a response or even further aiding with the situation. It is good to know that this community is still growing especially with veteran players! If you have any questions or need any help with anything that Nails, Manticore, or Nabin can not help you with (which will most likely be nothing), I can always help out!

P.s.
What kind of animals do you collect?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know im a bit late, but welcome to the community :)