• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

rare books?

G

Are there such things as rare books? doing some house cleaning and found four from idocs, and I have know idea whether they're trash or treasure.

1. small green book - A Welcome by Lord Blackthorn
2. beige book - The Bold Stranger by Old Fabio the Poor
3. purple book - the Stairs to Heaven by Ander
4. purple book - A book from Death by Spahr

Thanks

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "a welcome" books spawned on Betrayers (pretty sure about betrayers) in Lord Blackthorn's castle in Compassion/Ilshenar the "center". People say they don't spawn anymore, I see them from 300-500k sometimes more at auctions.

G

Bought from provisioner

Must be player written - try to edit

Ditto

I

imported_BoneDaddy

1. small green book - A Welcome by Lord Blackthorn
Ive seen them on Napa for 75k to 500k. I guess it would depend on the color and the buyer and whether or not they needed the color to complete the set. I think the green ones might have more value just because they are not regular book color.

If it is the type and color that is stolen from the library bookshelves then it is worth about 7 gold pieces. If it is something else.. Then post a pic.

These sound like player made books. If they are regular purple books that you can buy in town then they probably are not worth much. The easy way to tell is to look at the graphic and compare it to the one for sale at a provisioner. Another way to tell would be to actually look at the contents of the book. If you can edit the book then it probably isnt rare. If you cant edit the book then it might mean that the previous owner used a red leaf on it. Either way the words written in the book will usually let you know that it was written by a player.

Post pics.

I

imported_Astryl

I sell "a welcome" betrayer books on sonoma for 100k when I get them, which you still can I believe.

When they first came out, a few were editable as well. So its always good to see if it is writable or sealed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

thanks for the info. anyone know about the other ones?

[/ QUOTE ]Here are two more from an Oceania event:-