• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Raptor

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Raptor - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

I saw a few of these around so I tamed one yesterday. They train easily on the crazy mage so it is fully trained today.

They are found in Raptor Fields in Ter Mur.

100% Physical damage. 2=>5 slot.

Starting stats vary widely. Find one with high HP/Str. The resists are very similiar to a Cu. The cold resist is over 45.

They start with a blank slate.

upload_2017-7-20_21-51-27.png

The categories look like this. The special moves are there.

upload_2017-7-20_21-50-53.png

You can choose two special moves and a special ability. or read further for other options.

Special ability choices:

upload_2017-7-20_21-53-40.png

If you choose 2 moves and an ability you will only have poison to choose from the magic menu.

If you want to start with a Magical Ability you can select from these:

upload_2017-7-20_21-55-51.png

I chose:

upload_2017-7-20_21-57-1.png

The setup looks like this. I put on resists, regens, and max damage. I have 573 points left.

I could have put less HP regen, mana or HP and had enough to scroll it.

upload_2017-7-20_21-59-44.png

Once it gains skills it will be a good pet. Not quite a killing machine but it will kill a GD and similiar mobs.

It is a nice little misplaced Dino.

Lightfoot

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried training one up to 3 slots and combining him with a trained 2 slot? Crazy damage from pack instinct.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does their "secret" ability to call other Raptors carry thru to the tamed version? That would be awesome.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find it a bit funny that none of their "Magical abilities" (Bashing, Slashing, etc.) are actually magical, if you think about it.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is mine. He is near fully maxed out and scrolled to 120. This little guy is a tank and a half. He does crazy damage with grasping claw. The only downside to him is that his attacks are kind of slower than the normal pet.
I think these may be best running in a pack like mentioned above. I am not sure about the armor pierce but do know that the poisoning causes the target to use greater cure to heal which helps deplete mana. I would have went with mortal strike which is another of my favorite moves especially in combo with poisoning. I would say next to my dimetrosaur that this little guy is one of my best damage takers.
ripper.jpg ripper2.jpg

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Hypothetically, could I put dismount and mortal strike on a Raptor and then add wrestling mastery? So 2 special moves + magic?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Possibly. But I'm not sure at what point the other magics besides poison stop showing up.

Either train one fast or tame one on TC with a skilled noob. You can ride from the gate to raptor fields.

I dont see Raptor as a choice on the Ks builder.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hypothetically, could I put dismount and mortal strike on a Raptor and then add wrestling mastery? So 2 special moves + magic?
Having any special move will block the application of all combat magicals (Slashing, Bashing, Piercing, Wrestling, Battle Defense). The exception to this being if the pet started with a combat magical already -- you can replace that with a different magical, but they will lose the special moves associated with that combat magical.

They can have AoE's and Special Abilities, these will not block a combat magical from being applied.

I dont see Raptor as a choice on the Ks builder.
I thought we had raptors in the database, but I see that we don't. I'll look into adding them.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
So it won't work.

Trying to find any pet where I could get dismount, mortal strike, and wrestling mastery on it. Can you guys think of any?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it won't work.

Trying to find any pet where I could get dismount, mortal strike, and wrestling mastery on it. Can you guys think of any?
The planner says no for a Ki Rin. That would make a nice pet with those abilities.

A boura can get lots of things try that.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I was hoping a lesser could do it since they come with dismount. I wonder why they can't get wrestling mastery. Odd. I don't think a boura could do it either.

@Pawain I seem to remember you posting a pet some time ago, think it may have been a naja?, and it had a ton of abilities on it. I don't see how a naja could have what I want though.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No. It was a boura or triceratops.
They start with a mastery I think. So that's why it got so many.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Seriously thinking of trying something like that for PvP. Not sure about the stats though.

Maybe add poison breath or aura of nausea, then venomous bite, then wrestling mastery or battle defense.

Wondering if I would have to choose venomous bite before the area because the naja training thread Pawain made states if you chose an area then you lose the special ability choices.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
So they spawn with tail swipe, then you add aura of nausea, then slashing (armor ignore, nerve strike,disarm)?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like the thread says, they are complicated.

I tamed at least 10 of them and returned to Haven to train up combos, I kept finding more and more. (the gates were in Haven then)

High Plains Boura

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I trained my raptor with poison, then poison breath, then venomous bite, and lastly bashing.

I wasn't impressed with bashing, however his skills were only in the 80's.

I ended up releasing the raptor because I realized (too late) that any build you can put on a raptor, you can put on a lion or sabre tooth-and they both get healing, so I really see no point whatsoever in taming a raptor except for looks.

I put venomous bite on the raptor, but also on a naja that I replaced poisoning with wrestling mastery. I was very impressed with venomous bite, pets use it often and it's an area affect like poison breath, I think the range might be a little lower. The naja has aura of nausea, venomous bite, and wrestling mastery-pretty fun so far. Even though he doesn't have the poisoning skill he still poisons very often with venomous bite and debuffs the heck out of mobs with nausea. Not sure what I think of wrestling mastery yet, skills in the 80's.

I found a highly rated lion today, when it bonds I'm going to put poison on him, then poison breath, then venomous bite, and then put piercing back on, plus I made sure he has healing after I tamed him. A lot of abilities, but I think he's going to be a fun pet.