• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Raph's been busy.

• Thread starter Stanton Of Pac
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sweeney

*Remembers a story about people that make $60k a year selling things on 2nd life and starts learning useless virtual eyecandy skills*

A

AesSedai

- Aye, I've been aware. Thx for the link. Too bad SWG didn't work well with me. Neither does this 'Sims Online'/'HabboHotel'/'2nd Life' cup of tea...
Granted, I have merely skimmed the gist & I may try it out if I can for free.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The concept, while a bit goofy looking, of world building sure appeals to me. But I don't think this is the route I would choose to fulfull that interest.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have some beta keys to hand out for Metaplace if anyone's interested. And opposed to SL, this is completely free.

What nice about metaplace is that its browser run, no downloads, and you don't need a high end gaming computer. The tools are there for world building for any net user, not just scripters. Imagine being given a piece of land the size of Malas and being able to use the house customization tool on the whole thing. Thats how easy it can be.

And yes, its still in beta, but some of us have had NDA dropped. Check out my sites below.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Raph was one of the first Devs of UO, right?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
A leading question... It is something moderators do. *smiles*

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
He was lead developer for Second Age and Ultima Online Live as well as a title that never got announced or released.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
And he just reminded me he was creative lead for UO as well.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let us not forget that he was also part of the "good" SWG before SOE went a different direction...

U

uoBuoY

There was a news story last year about a clothing designer in Vancouver who was having difficulty earning a decent living. She started designing clothes for 2nd Life and selling the outfits online for $1-5 (she resells the same outfit many times). She claimed to be earning over $50k a year from pixel design alone.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some beta keys to hand out for Metaplace if anyone's interested.
I went to your site and got the code. I was able to sign up. =) Thanks for that!

I'm am looking forward to playing around there and finding out what all I can do.

BlissMarie