• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rank events by shards...

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For ****s and giggles I figured I would make a list of the shards in order of which events I like the most. Involved in this criteria are general entertainment, storyline, length, boss engagement, timeliness of event notice. I am leaving lag out although many would claim it to be a factor I would argue that is more computer and internet based than event based.

1- GL
2- Pac
3- Napa
4- Sonoma
5- Drach
6- Atl
7- Ls
8- Legends
9- Baja
10- Origin
11- Chessy
12- LA
13- Cats

Those are all the shards I currently do events on, and #s 7-11 are somewhat interchangeable in rank to me (some of them are relatively new EMs and have gotten a little better since starting).

This is just my personal opinion, I am not trying to put any EMs on blast for their events, and I'm sure other peeps have different opinions on which events they prefer, but feel free to share your own favorites or a list like this or whatever.

Last edited:

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
ATL, GL Napa, Sonoma, Baja, LA I tend to enjoy

As long as Cats is on the bottom then I can get down with just about any other list. After the tricky business pulled at the Cats event last week I think I may be done there anyway.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My list:

1. ATL
2. GL
3. Napa
4. Pacific
5. Sakura
6. Sonoma
7. Baja
8. Mizuho
9. Hokuto
10. Wakoku
11. Legends
12. Catskills
13. Drachenfels
14. Asuka
15. Yamato
16. Arirang
17. Oceania
18. Chesapeake
19. LS
20. Europa
21. LA
22. Izumo
23. Origin

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My list:

1. Arirang
2. Wakoku
3. Sonoma
4. Great Lakes
5. Drachenfels
6. Yamato
7. Mizuho
8. Hokuto
9. Izumo
10. Asuka
11. Sakura
12. Lake Superior
13. Oceania
14. Pacific
15. Lake Austin
16. Napa Valley
17. Baja
18. Legends
19. Chesapeake
20. Europa
21. Catskills
22. Atlantic
23. Origin

Balhae and Formosa would have made my top 3 (pushing back Wakoku and Sonoma) while they still had their old EM.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id have to put LA in the top 5 they have had a pretty good story arc going on for some time now.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aww my poor Catskills home shard =(

ATL, GL Napa, Sonoma, Baja, LA I tend to enjoy

As long as Cats is on the bottom then I can get down with just about any other list. After the tricky business pulled at the Cats event last week I think I may be done there anyway.

What happened last week? Ive been mostly away from game all summer

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Aww my poor Catskills home shard =(

What happened last week? Ive been mostly away from game all summer

After 1 Hour of Roleplay, then 40 minutes of fighting, then killing a boss-like mob, we went back to the start point of the event and he told us to "go back down there" and steal some daggers. And then he logged off. So the drop was a set of hanging swords that you had to steal from some random orcs in the dungeon we were just at for 30 mins. In a nutshell

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After 1 Hour of Roleplay, then 40 minutes of fighting, then killing a boss-like mob, we went back to the start point of the event and he told us to "go back down there" and steal some daggers. And then he logged off.
To be fair, there were only a few available at first. At the end of the event he told everyone to meet the next day at 7pm and it would be worth our while (He gave clues to other locations + presumably put out more daggers)

Either way, its complete BS. Its also not new and something he used to do an Chessy as well

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would have to rank the shards in tiers in alphabetical order based on the shards I participate in. My opinion is based on the EMs entire duration of service, not just recent events. I will forgive some laziness and random mistakes that aren't repeated. I don't expect perfection. I don't know that I can fairly rank Asian shards since I do not speak the language the event is performed in.

Level 1 Tier embodies all the necessary components to create a successful event.

The events are posted well in advance each month, the date and time is always the same with few to no cancellations or postponements. The EMs build a consistent coherent story that is easy to follow and appreciate. There is a foundation, character development, engages in role play, takes feedback from the players, and rolls with the punches. There is appropriate decorations with more than two locations to gate to. The mobs are manageable, well named, chosen appropriately to suit the story-line, and not too overwhelming for the crowd. The boss should be tough enough to give all the players ample opportunity to get loot rights and thus a chance for a reward in their backpack. I prefer the duration to be no more than an hour, but if its well done, 90 minutes is not too much, however 2 hours is. I expect each EM to have at least one reward a month that is well named, well designed, and acts as the perfect memento for the event. I also would like their to be a promotional system that recognizes some level of achievement whether that be attendance, participation, and/or written reports. Overall worth attending even if there are no rewards.

Atlantic and Great Lakes.

Level 2 Tier is missing 1 - 3 of the components I look for in Tier 1

Drachenfels, Lake Austin, Napa Valley, Pacific, and Sonoma

Level 3 Tier is missing 4 - 5 of the components I look for in Tier 1

Baja, Catskills, Lake Superior, Legends, and Oceania

Level 4 Tier is missing more than 5 components I look for in Tier 1

Chesapeake, Europa, and Origin

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i dont participate on all shards so my list is not in a proper order:

i also note them in more ore less alphabetic order:
Arirang, Atlantic, Drachenfels, Euro, Hokuto, Izumo, Lake Austin, Oceania, Sakura, Wakoku, Yamato

i also see differences in the way EMs do no their Events, some doing good, some doing bad.

what i like:
1. EM is speaking also english to the "native" language on the shard. (the Drachenfels one for example) -> from my point this should be mandatory
2. EM is providing permanent Gate to the "location" so that if you need to restock or so you can come back before all is over
3. EM waiting with the final boss till all spawn is down ( some seem to put the boss directly into the spawn)
4 EM pulls the boss beside the area so that all can get the bosses bar to make if fair for everyone -> from my point this should be mandatory (i remeber 2 which are doing this, one is one an asian shard and one is the EM on Oceania.

what i dont like:
1. bosses in which are tiny as a rat in the middle of the pile of players and their pets so that you even cannot find what you should kill before it is more or less down
2. issues in the event for example:
no healers at all or a healer in a place where the mobs area damage kills you right away.
drop in point where you get insta killed by some mob
end bosses which killing everyone regardless how many health the player got when they "appear"
end bosses which sucks you in -> with the lag i have on most of the events when those monster bosses are around i can barly walk...
-> honestly, do they not test the stuff before the event runs

3. events during the week, all events should be Fri/Sat/Sun so to keep if fair for people who actually have to work. but thats maybe only my opinion.

so if i have to make favorites i would say
Atlantic, Oceania and Drachenfels

Legendary Rick

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My list:

1. ATL
2. GL
3. Arirang
4.Oceania
4. Pacific
5. Sakura