• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ranged Combat?

• Thread starter Bo Riddler
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bo Riddler

After reaching 58th Season on my way to Knighthood in the ranks of my fellow Paladins, I have a question.

And please, crank up the opinions. I love a good debate!

J

Joshmaul

I think paladins should get guns - but a special kind of gun, like a "holy light launcher" or something.

*thinks on it* Isn't that the stupidest thing you've ever heard? *laughs*

B

Bo Riddler

Finally, at 44th level, the Paladin receives The Hammer of Wrath which has a range of thirty yards but it too though has its limitations

Only usable on enemies that have 20% or less health.

And with such a slow casting time, its just as easy to smack 'em one more time instead of casting it.

Bring on the guns, that's a great thought. I was thinking more ranged spells, and you give us guns. I like it.

Bo

E

Edaun

Whew, it's been a long time since this one was opened.
*blows dust off thread*

I really would like to see some sort of ranged spell, since guns seem to be out of the genre of Paladinhood. What's wrong with thrown weapons? or Bows?
Crossbows even!

*sigh*

Wish in one hand...

B

Bo Riddler

Brumble, my Paladin is now into his 60's and still has the same problem. I find myself running around trying to slay that fleeting rabbitt.

One 'Holy' Ranged Weapon would sure help. I'd even take a vial of 'Holy Water' that acts like a grenade. Maybe an Engineering item?

Like you said, I can dream.

Bo

B

Bo Riddler

That is the winning name, with all of your pull with Blizz, I am hoping you'll get that handled for us.

Thanks!

E

Edaun

Thrown Holy water is a good idea and fits the Paladinesque genre to some degree..

The Holy Handgrenade is a much better solution, but you'd have to find a Priest and a King who can count to 5...