• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Range check last target broken?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOAssist has an option to range check the last target for when people run off the screen so you don't have to cast recast the spell, lately this keeps failing.

The 'Target is too far away.' message should not be possible with this checked, anyone know what the issue/fix is?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed an issue like this a long time ago. If a target was 1 tile beyond your range UOAssist would not catch it. Or is it failing no matter how far away the target is?

Another thing to consider is you don't see the true position of players moving around a lot. So if they are right at the border of your range it is possible they are already out of range in the eyes of the server.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know if you use that you had to also use "Last target" through UOAssist, using in-game UO last target doesn't work with the range-check.
I normally don't use UOAssist for last target so it's been a while since I have tried the range-check feature.

Tested: It still works for me (using UOAssist key as last target)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UOA Last Target & Range Check.jpg
The above will work, if you assign a key to last target through UOAssist, you'll get a message saying "That target is out of range" and it will not drop your spell. (it does drop your spell if the target is close enough and not in line of sight though)

Note: I have not tested the "Range check" with a Recorded UOAssist Macro, that has last target as part of it...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah I use assist for last target, it works testing against npcs and animals but on the field vs people who are using enhanced client or speeding off the screen it doesn't seem to work.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mervyn it's because when you scroll up or whatever macro you use the split second you hit the macro to the range check they've moved out. Test it with another account. Even if your one tile out of range the range check works. I'm sure it has to do with each users latency. Even notice when you use two clients the client you are moving moves a bit smoother then the one watching. Almost looks like when viewing another client they are one step ahead of what the other client shows..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk