• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Random thoughts or ideas I had.

G

I know these types of post don't normally ammount to anything, but for whatever reason today while i was at work i had a bunch of random thoughts of UO pop into my mind. So here were some of my ideas.

Vet reward, etheral mount dye tub. This could be 11 year vet reward, allows you to dye any etheral mounts to a selected color. Maybe have hues similar to the valentine stuffys. You dye your little mount statue in your pack, then when you mount your ethy horse, or whatever it would appear in the color you dyed it.

Was also thinking of gold sinks, and thought about tattoos, and facial piercings. Probably wouldn't be very easy or practical to implement into the game, but it would be cool to have a selected gump of tattoo designs and body locations to attach them too. Same with piercings, like nose and eyebrows.

Then while on the topic of piercings, i started to wonder about ear rings, and magical properties, not that they need to have alot of properties, but if they had one resist or random modifier, that would be cool. And then there were some event ear rings made of dragon bones, and that carried me into other thoughts and ideas of crafting jewelry and certain weapons from dragon bones.

Like i said just random thoughts, peace...

G

I like *all* these ideas! Especially the tattoos and piercings. =)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Was also thinking of gold sinks, and thought about tattoos, and facial piercings. Probably wouldn't be very easy or practical to implement into the game, but it would be cool to have a selected gump of tattoo designs and body locations to attach them too. Same with piercings, like nose and eyebrows.

[/ QUOTE ]We've already got a couple of tattoos in KR. Don't imagine it'd be too hard to implement such a thing in that client.

G

just the ethy dye tub is a good one! I'd go for these - easily.

D

David of FL

Any reward that doesn't effect combat is always a good idea.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ultima is colourful enough with all the silly dyes and items. What logical purpose would colouring a mount serve? Do you go up to your pet in real life and say "Hey spot... you'd look great as neon pink, it'll match this new artifact of mine".

G

No...but I don't own an Ethereal Mount in RL, either. =P

I wouldn't mind seeing a little variation. If it was a Veteran Reward choice, the player certainly would have earned the right to a different hued Ethereal, if they wanted one. The color choices could be similar to the ores or stuffies...no garish combinations needed.

Tattoos and piercings would be fun for pirates and have all sorts of RP potential.
If done right, more customizable options can be a *good* thing!

G

I tried dying my cat pink, didn't last very long. But if you do a google search theres people that dye their pets in all colors and designs.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

No...but I don't own an Ethereal Mount in RL, either. =P

[/ QUOTE ]

That's irrelevant. This is the difference between reality and realism in game design. There are no dragons in real life (reality) but if fire from a dragon's mouth doesn't burn you (realism), then that's an issue isn't it?

I had no issue with the tattoos etc, it's the reason why I only questioned dying a mount.

G

I see what you are saying. I suppose it wasn't relevent, hehe. I still think we could reach a compromise, maybe. How about Color choices that are more 'Natural' Hues? No Neons Allowed!? I wasn't trying to say you were wrong...just thinking that maybe it could be done in a way that everyone could enjoy. =)

And I just thought I'd add that thought about the tattoos and piercings...wasn't really directed at you, just in addition to the thread in general.

Dragon Slave, 'tis true...people do dye their pet's fur different colors...I know you can use Manic Panic for this, it's safe for pets...I had some neighbors that did this, actually. Borrowed some of my Midnight Blue to do it with. =P

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I see what you are saying. I suppose it wasn't relevent, hehe. I still think we could reach a compromise, maybe. How about Color choices that are more 'Natural' Hues? No Neons Allowed!? I wasn't trying to say you were wrong...just thinking that maybe it could be done in a way that everyone could enjoy. =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe add some depth to animal taming and itnroduce breeds. Similar to the gardening mechanic. Instead of all horses being the same with different colours, add some depth to it.

G

I really like the idea of an ethy mount dye tub, and keeping the colors neutral would be fine, although I like the idea of a pink or purple horse.

G

I've often hoped that we could breed things like horses and dragons... I'd like to get a nice warhorse.. and a blue dragon...... always wanted a blue dragon. Like to see Green ones too.... (other than the swampy)....... emerald green... I'd love to see maybe a cross between a Hiryu and a horse..... somewhat like a pegasus.... (sp)
..... different colors of hiryu than what's out there now......... wider varieties of colors of horses.... like a pure white .... Or deeper chocolate...... also... I would enjoy seeing different colors of unicorn rather than that same ole blue and white.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ultima is colourful enough with all the silly dyes and items.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as valid an opinion as the counter opinion that UO could easily use even more color.

<blockquote><hr>

What logical purpose would colouring a mount serve?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would serve the logical purpose of bringing joy to people who don't have sticks up their rears about wanting everything to look the same drab color.

<blockquote><hr>

Do you go up to your pet in real life and say "Hey spot... you'd look great as neon pink, it'll match this new artifact of mine".

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any artifacts in real life, but even so, I think the OP was referring to Ethys, and not pets in the game. Nevertheless, now that you mention it, it would be great to have war paint for our horses.

Personally, I think the OPs suggestions are genius. Anything to make the already quite diverse look of UO even more so is always welcome.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Just as valid an opinion as the counter opinion that UO could easily use even more color.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well duh... that's why this is called a discussion not a statement. Care to elaborate on why it needs more silly neon coloured items?

<blockquote><hr>

It would serve the logical purpose of bringing joy to people who don't have sticks up their rears about wanting everything to look the same drab color.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why paint an entire creature a silly colour? Why not introduce tabards, standards, saddles, breeds etc in order to increase customisation options rather than just colour them. They are not metallic objects that can be shaped out of different metals.

<blockquote><hr>

I don't have any artifacts in real life, but even so, I think the OP was referring to Ethys, and not pets in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

That one absolutely screamed past you. Even Dragon Slave and littleblue understood the principle behind what I said. Read it and try again.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok somones had too much coffee today... or not enough.

I think all the ideas are fantastic. Anything thats not neon is fine in my book. I absolutly adore the idea of tattoos! In 2d not KR.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Ok somones had too much coffee today... or not enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't drink coffee. And I also don't like how you simply discard my opinion because you disagree. I've joined in this discussion, stating why I do and do not approve of certain ideas and providing some helpful feedback (even suggesting a more justified reason to introduce mount colours).

I'd appreciate it if others do the same.

<blockquote><hr>

In 2d not KR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not both? With the game's population struggling as it is, people still feel compelled to segregate the community like this?

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt discard your opinion. You dismissed everyone elses. Perhaps you should take your own advice and reread.

Yes your right, i shouldnt have said not in KR, what i ment was, not ONLY in KR.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I didnt discard your opinion. You dismissed everyone elses. Perhaps you should take your own advice and reread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang on a sec, read my posts properly. I suggested reasons to properly justify and explain WHY there should be coloured mounts and HOW there should be coloured mounts rather than ANOTHER dye tub.. which is both uninspiring and uncreative.

Dragon Slave even understood my argument and some information was even posted as to how the idea had surfaced before. So it's you that's discarding here. The original poster already acknowledged "where I was coming from".