• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

random questions about the game

StarstrukK

Adventurer
just a few random questions mostly for pvp related instances.

1. 120 eval int + 100 anatomy is equivalent to 120 defensive wrestling? or do I need to go 120/120 to maximize my defense

2. 120 magery + 80 poisoning on a pure mage is there any reason to go above 80 poisoning will my poisons be harder to cure if I took it to 100 or is that the cap?

3. Is there a benefit to being a human mage as opposed to an elf mage it seems like being an elf might be more beneficial just wondering if I am overlooking something.

4. How does bonus skill point items interact with something like a mastery? Will the mastery take into account the skill points on items or does it go by my base level skill?

I think I had more questions but I can't remember them at the moment if I think of them I will add to the thread. Finding the correct info on this game can be challenging.

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no desire to learn that new taming stuff. And I hear pets are terrible for pvp so why would I do that?
Cause all the cool kids are doing it!!!!!!!....Don't you want to be a cooooooollllll kidddddd

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 - 120 Eval + 100 Anatomy = 120 Wrestling, but you cant use special moves.
2 - 100 Poisoning gives you the chance to deal Lethal Poison if the target is within 3 tiles.
3 - Human (Jack of all trades (20 skill points in every skill), can carry more, got 2 HPR)
Elves ( + 20 Mana, Nightsight, harder to track, better passive detect hidden, + 5 Energy resist)
4 - Skill Points from items dont count to masteries, only real skills points

StarstrukK

Adventurer
1 - 120 Eval + 100 Anatomy = 120 Wrestling, but you cant use special moves.
2 - 100 Poisoning gives you the chance to deal Lethal Poison if the target is within 3 tiles.
3 - Human (Jack of all trades (20 skill points in every skill), can carry more, got 2 HPR)
Elves ( + 20 Mana, Nightsight, harder to track, better passive detect hidden, + 5 Energy resist)
4 - Skill Points from items dont count to masteries, only real skills points

does the jack of all trades give any kind of benefit anymore? I think it used to lower the mana cost of special moves but I don't think that applies anymore?

and if I am not mistaken if I have 120 magery and 80 poisoning I can still cast lethal poison? what about if I have 110 real magery and + 10 mage skill does that still count as 120?

I've been gone to long this game is madly confusing.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lower mana cost for special moves doesnt apply anymore, yoi can cast some minor spells of some magic skills tho.
For the poisoning 110 magery + 10 from items would count as 120, but Logrus once stated you need 100 poisoning to deal Lethal poison as mage. With 80 you would only be able to cast level 4, deadly poison.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you're an actual dexxer, then you should have 300 in skills for the mana cost reduction anyway. About the only templates that have any trouble are purists that use Chivalry or Necro only, or no casting ability at all (weapon+Bushido+parry is the easiest/most common way to 300 points these days; Weapon/poison/one other skill (parry, bushido, ninjitsu, etc.) is also common.

Human JOAT means that a Human mage gets the bonus for 20 Focus if focus not possessed, or 20 Med if Meditation not possessed, as well (a Mystic/Mage might opt to go 0 med and 120 Focus, since besides the Mana & Stamina regens, Focus acts like EI for Mysticism).

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most of the time when you are thinking about joat in a human it's for 20 med 20 focus 20 spellweaving or 20 tracking. Thanks med focus is pretty substantial and carrying capacity can be big for potions in pvp so it's good to weigh the balance.

The eval anat is just make sure ur 220 skill between both, makes it same as wrestle just not specials as stated. Basically saves u 20 skill.

StarstrukK

Adventurer
thanks for the help so far but I am still confused about poisoning a bit

120 magery + 80 poisoning gives me the same chance to cast lethal poison as 120 magery + 100 poisoning? so there is no need to go higher then 80 the uo wiki is kind of confusing.

also I noticed people selling skirts dyed with clean-up dyes how can I do this myself maybe with different clothing types or is it some trick exclusive to skirts?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
also I noticed people selling skirts dyed with clean-up dyes how can I do this myself maybe with different clothing types or is it some trick exclusive to skirts?
You can dye clothes and most armor with plant dyes reward dyes or the clean up dyes. They sell the clothing made from asian event cloth on our shard. You can find a house with public tubs to find something you like, or make your armor match.

StarstrukK

Adventurer
You can dye clothes and most armor with plant dyes reward dyes or the clean up dyes. They sell the clothing made from asian event cloth on our shard. You can find a house with public tubs to find something you like, or make your armor match.
I want to get a kilt dyed with Vibrant SeaGreen I see skirt's dyed this color on vendors but when I tried to make one I can't dye it. How can I get a kilt dyed this color is there a special way to do it

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like you can not dye plain clothes with those dyes.

upload_2018-2-17_17-10-55.png

Maybe to keep you from Dying a bolt of cloth and make a bunch.

Or there is something they are doing that I do not know about.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to get a kilt dyed with Vibrant SeaGreen I see skirt's dyed this color on vendors but when I tried to make one I can't dye it. How can I get a kilt dyed this color is there a special way to do it
maybe they're dying some artifact cloaks or robes and cutting them up and making them from the cloth

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for the help so far but I am still confused about poisoning a bit

120 magery + 80 poisoning gives me the same chance to cast lethal poison as 120 magery + 100 poisoning? so there is no need to go higher then 80 the uo wiki is kind of confusing.

You need at least 100 skill of magery AND poisoning to have a 10% chance to deal lethal poison. This only works if the target is within 3 tiles radius. If you have magery or poisoning less than 100, you can max deal deadly poison. For infectius strike its different. There the poison skill = the percentage you can deal Lethal poison.

StarstrukK

Adventurer
You need at least 100 skill of magery AND poisoning to have a 10% chance to deal lethal poison. This only works if the target is within 3 tiles radius. If you have magery or poisoning less than 100, you can max deal deadly poison. For infectius strike its different. There the poison skill = the percentage you can deal Lethal poison.
ok so basically your saying 120 magery and 80 poisoning is the same thing as 100 magery and 100 poisoning as the formula is: as taken from the uo.com wiki

With Magery – it defines the strength of the mage spells ‘poison’ and ‘poison field’. Poison spell must be cast within 3 tiles of the victim to attain full potency. Formula – [Magery + Poisoning]÷2

therefore my skill would be 100 so there would be no added benefit of using the 20 extra skill points to reach 100 poisoning. I think I am reading it correctly in that I would still have the 10% chance to apply lethal poison but I just wanted clarification before I finalize my template. I really hate all the hidden formula's in this game makes coming back a hassle.