• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ran into a interesting issue

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so all 3 of my kids where home for a week visiting.
2 Nurses and 1 getting ready for his last year of High School.
they where all talking about the new shard for UO that is coming down the pipe and they all agreed that they would be interested in playing UO this winter with each other.
they dont play with me, that wouldn't be cool or something.
anyways, i had to laugh.
they all downloaded UO onto their laptops and decided they would play one of the evenings to get the old juices flowing and they started complaining about losing connection all the time.
which was strange because i never loose connection.
then it dawned on me.... they where all on EJ accounts and you only have 1 EJ account logged in per ISP.
so they where unable to play because only one of them was allowed logged in at once.
silly change.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd email the mesanna and see what she has to say. I know on free shards they can restrict or allow connections based on IP. Who knows what their capability or willingness its though.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
MESANNA "I'm working on making game worse"
You "question insert bs"
MESANNA "we have NL! It will be so exciting!"
You "I have kids now and they are waiting for NL..."

belal

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
My 9 “kids” on EJ would also like to sit on my boat and do nothing but be in a party with me and claim rewards. I canz emails Mesabba tooz?

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sometimes think EJ accounts cause more problems than they are worth.

Reactions: S_S

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did anyone ever test using a VPN?
I did some limited testing I was able to get two on at once for a while’s but it eventually figured it out and booted me. Take that for what it’s worth though. I did it very little because I was curious only and have no need for more than one Ej on at a time. I use one EJ account with mages parked at the emporium, Fel and TRAM.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
"Working as Intended"

*Sitting on his horse at the Brit crossroads wondering when the rest of his family guild will get there.......*