• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Raising Taming..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Back into starting new tamer..Taming is at 50.4 very slowly raising with taming attempts, goats and cows etc..
Cannot use the mastery Book..need to be taming 90..
Is there a faster way to raise taming? Like taming in Fel, dungeons etc at this level? Or its just a slooooow grind like it was years ago when I started my first tamer? Ty for any info..

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could get a mythic token and pick 90 taming. This is what I did.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Back into starting new tamer..Taming is at 50.4 very slowly raising with taming attempts, goats and cows etc..
Cannot use the mastery Book..need to be taming 90..
Is there a faster way to raise taming? Like taming in Fel, dungeons etc at this level? Or its just a slooooow grind like it was years ago when I started my first tamer? Ty for any info..
Taming is a rough skill to train. Paying for the 90 can save you some time, but you will still need to raise it from 90, which is even harder. Try to find a place with A LOT of animals, I remember there is some place in Ilshenar with a bunch of ridgebacks, but I think you have to have high taming to tame those.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You could get a mythic token and pick 90 taming. This is what I did.
WOW..Still no other way..After all these years..The slowest skill to grind..Well back to grinding cows and goats, and ice isle..Would be interesting if Fel grinding could gain faster..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Taming is a rough skill to train. Paying for the 90 can save you some time, but you will still need to raise it from 90, which is even harder. Try to find a place with A LOT of animals, I remember there is some place in Ilshenar with a bunch of ridgebacks, but I think you have to have high taming to tame those.
Will check it out..thanks for info..

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We found that if you take a +5 taming jewel, taming polar bears goes pretty steady on the gains. And they are easily dropped off at the Zoo if you can gate (magery should be easy to gain up to that point with mage wands, not sure if you add that to your template though..), so that is a plus. Drop the ring/brace when you reach 55 or 60 yourself, and keep at it. We trained 3 new tamers that way the past year (and even found a castle plot on Dagger Isle in the process, yay!) so we feel it is not too bad like that. The 3rd one just went past 90 past week, as we only go for a few gains per day. At around 65 we added a +10 jewel to go train great hearts in the healer's grove in Ilsh, which gained not too bad either. Still asks for patience and perseverance, but well, the end result is worth it eh?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
We found that if you take a +5 taming jewel, taming polar bears goes pretty steady on the gains. And they are easily dropped off at the Zoo if you can gate (magery should be easy to gain up to that point with mage wands, not sure if you add that to your template though..), so that is a plus. Drop the ring/brace when you reach 55 or 60 yourself, and keep at it. We trained 3 new tamers that way the past year (and even found a castle plot on Dagger Isle in the process, yay!) so we feel it is not too bad like that. The 3rd one just went past 90 past week, as we only go for a few gains per day. At around 65 we added a +10 jewel to go train great hearts in the healer's grove in Ilsh, which gained not too bad either. Still asks for patience and perseverance, but well, the end result is worth it eh?
Good info..Thanks.. So gains in Fel are not better then?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I doubt skill gains are faster or better in Fel. You could, assuming you can afford the cost, buy the scrolls that give you 15 min boosted skill gains. Not the pinks, I think they are blue?

Gardo

Journeyman
60-90 ice island all the way.

60-75 walrus and polar bears.
75-85 snow leopards
85-90 white wolves

So many animals on the island, so there's very little down time between tames. Try and find someone with the shareable training booster...

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
After 90 you can use the skill masteries to raise it. Easy.
Does it matter what pet you use? Been trying this with a tamer I have on an EJ activated acct but it’s very slow, like .1 or .2 an hour slow. And this toon is roughly 91 taming atm.

North_LS

Journeyman
around 50 you could also throw on a couple +15-20 jewels and tame bulls in the jhelom pens. that worked for me recently on a new tamer.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Does it matter what pet you use? Been trying this with a tamer I have on an EJ activated acct but it’s very slow, like .1 or .2 an hour slow. And this toon is roughly 91 taming atm.
That doesn't sound right, our tamer went from 90 to 98 in one day? Ours is a paid account, but we read nothing about EJ also being restricted in gains, that would seem counterproductive to luring people (back) in. As far as we know it doesn't matter what kind of pet you take, from horses to high end.