• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Raising stats

• Thread starter Blood Countess
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Blood Countess

Hail,
I just started a new necro archer.

I desperatley need to raise dexerity and strength. I know I can sky rocket dex by snooping, but whats the easiest way to raise my strength ? Lumberjacking, I tried it and it took forever to gain 1 point.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you do not want to gain in the primary, lock it and secondary can then gain. Format is skill - primary / secondary

Alchemy - Int / Dex
Anatomy - Int / Str
Animal Lore - Int / Str
Animal Taming - Str / Int
Archery - Dex / Str
Arms Lore - Int / Str
Begging - Dex / Int
Blacksmithing - Str / Dex
Bowcraft/Fletching - Dex / Str
Bushido - Str / Int
Camping - Dex / Int
Carpentry - Str, Dex
Cartography - Int / Dex
Chivalry - Str / Int
Cooking - Int / Dex
Detect Hidden - Int / Dex
Discordance - Int / Dex
Evaluating Intelligence - Int / Str
Fencing - Dex / Str
Fishing - Dex / Str
Focus - Dex / Int
Forensic Evaluation - Int / Dex
Healing - Int / Dex
Herding - Int / Dex
Hiding - Dex / Int
Inscription - Int / Dex
Item Identification - Int / Dex
Lockpicking - Dex / Int
Lumberjacking - Str / Dex
Mace Fighting - Str / Dex
Magery - Int / Str
Meditation - Int / Str
Mining - Str / Dex
Musicianship - Dex / Int
Necromancy - Int / Str
Ninjitsu - Dex / Int
Parrying - Dex / Str
Peacemaking - Int / Dex
Poisoning - Int / Dex
Provocation - Int / Dex
Remove Trap - Dex / Int
Resisting Spells - Str / Dex
Snooping - Dex / Int
Spellweaving - Int / Str
Spirit Speak - Int / Str
Stealing - Dex / Int
Stealth - Dex / Int
Swordsmanship - Str / Dex
Tactics - Str / Dex
Tailoring - Dex / Int
Taste Identification - Int / Str
Tinkering - Dex / Int
Tracking - Int / Dex
Veterinary - Int / Dex
Wrestling - Str / Dex

G

Here's what I do to raise Stats. 1st thing is to get to your skill cap by buying skills. Then I either use Lockpicking (Dex & Int) or Mining (Str) to raise the stat. When at your cap, set Lockpicking or Mining to raise, but make sure NOTHING is pointed down, so you don't actually gain in LP or Mining. For dex gains, lock Int, get a locked box and a few hundred picks, you will never open the box and since nothing is set to go down, you won't gain any skill in LP, but you will gain Dex or Int. It may take 5 mins b4 the 1st gain, but then it will fly. Same thing with Mining for Str gains. Grab a bunch of shovels and hit the mountain side (if you're an elf you will only need one shovel).

After you build your stats, then set the skills you don't need to go down (or use a soulstone to remove the skills) so that you will gain in the ones you want. If you don't want to buy skills to your cap, you can also use a soulstone or frag to remove LP or Mining when you hit 25 (then clear the skill from the stone - this does not use a charge), this is a slower way to do it, especially for mining, since you would have to go to your house (or inn) to use the stone.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe , yeah where you think i copied the list from.

L

Lugh Simaldinach

Just lock the stat(s) you don't want to gain. Stats are no longer tied to specific skills, making the locking necessary. Stat gains are on a timer, 15 minutes as I recall, and need a successful application of any skill.