• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Raising Magery Skill

E

euhemerus

A quick question, is the magery skill still movement based? or can I stand in one spot and cast spells while doing other things at my desk?

Thanks,

I

imperterritus

Is it actually best to stay put, or simply doesn't matter any more if you move or not? I thought removal of the anti-macro code made it a "not matter".

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
get a fast weapon with 100% poison damage and mage weapon property. Hit a golem or an arctic ogre lord that has been dryad allured. After items magery needs to be above 70 to work but its much faster than the alternative methods of gaining skill.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Wear a -29 mage weapon and a suit with 40 lrc, 3/6 (to make up for casting penalty), and 12+ mr. If possible, cast lich form and use a shadow wisp.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I find its better to stay put, I did a test once and it took 2hrs 7 mins to GM from casting (& that was before 32 MR was possible). A golem/poison Mage Wep should be better at higher levels if you adjust your stats/stam to swing at the cap though I've never actually tried it.

E

euhemerus

Well I am currently holding a -22 Magery Skill wand, and my modified skill is 77.6 (Real 99.6) and casting Invisibility on myself using uoassist.... (Took me about 5 minutes to set up) now I only have to press a key every 10 or so minutes....

Make that 99.7 Real :)