• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Raising Healing

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
From what I've read, the only way to raise the healing skill above 90 on a pet is to kill the rotting corpses. Is this really the ONLY way?

Dimax

Adventurer
Professional
Supporter
Not sure but, if you could disco the pet ? It may raise past 90.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
This is the fastest way to get it up.. but it will stop at I think 110 ish. After that you'll need to Disco the pet to get any further. There's a nice spot in the underworld with two rotting corpses you can lure out into a hallway. I went from 90 to 110 in like two sessions roughly 3-4 hours at a crack.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is the fastest way to get it up..
Not the fastest. The fastest way to get a pet's Healing skill up to 120, is to have five 1 slot Snakes/Slimes that are trained up to 125 DEX/GM Wrest/GM Poisoning, and sick them on the Healing pet as it's set to Follow with Consume Damage/Empowerment running on it. The Snakes/Slimes will keep the pet near constantly Lethal Poisoned, which the pet will attempt to cure with bandy healing. This will take the pet to 110 Healing, after which point the pet must be discorded to continue gaining. Keep only one or two of the Snakes/Slimes on the pet at this point, for more than that will out damage the pet's HPR capacity, and eventually kill it. Don't forget to run Whispering on cooldown.

I can take a pet up to 120 Healing within 3-5 hours of doing this. I have an EJ Account with a Tamer on it just for holding those five Poisoning pets to train Healing on other pets with.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for all the responses! So, what if you don't have discordance? Then you are pretty much capped at 110 healing, right?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, not really. Pets that heal will also try to heal you.

So die, stay a ghost, and let your pet try to heal you. They shoukd get gains, but they cannot rez you

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, not really. Pets that heal will also try to heal you.

So die, stay a ghost, and let your pet try to heal you. They shoukd get gains, but they cannot rez you
is this method confirmed or just a guess?

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
a guess since pets dont try to heal you if you are dead

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
a guess since pets dont try to heal you if you are dead
No, they do. I havent tried since cus first came out, so unless they stopped them from attempting, it shoukd still work.

If you are a ghost long enough, and stand next to your pet, they will/would try to heal you. Listen for the bandage sound.

That being said, you shouldd be able to train up a disco bard(90 music,90 disco, use jewels for 120), and 120 healing on a pet way before this method would work(assumed based on getting gains from healing this way)