• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Raising disco

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now i've reached 104 with cu but it seems quite blocked. I gain 0.1 about in 2 hours of playing :(
Some suggestion?
Is it possible that raising disco it's so difficult? Much more then taming?

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're best bet is to get a bunch of tamed cu's and disco them all over and over. And yes, its slow and REALLY painful. It takes a very long time. Believe me, I've done disco and provoke to 120 a total of 9 times.

Sara1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other day I was reading about disco, mainly, and came across a post that said you need to stone your music to raise about gm much. It said to stone your music, buy some and work discord with the low music and you willl gain fast. I haven't tried it, yet, but it might work. Good Luck!! (Mine is stuck at 102)

V

VorteXPete

U could lock disco at 90 and throw on a +15 ring and bracelet, disco what ya want and take em off again and use the 30 points somewhere else, that's what i do and works great.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other day I was reading about disco, mainly, and came across a post that said you need to stone your music to raise about gm much. It said to stone your music, buy some and work discord with the low music and you willl gain fast. I haven't tried it, yet, but it might work. Good Luck!! (Mine is stuck at 102)
It seeme to work.
The skills is very very very slow to raise but it raises ;)

VorteXPete, I know that there are jewels but that isn't the answer to my problem, sorry :(

O

Old Man of UO

I tried this method and got worse gains than before... I failed the music check so often that I put music back on. A better way that I've read about is to stone 4 skills and lock them... that's right, get your total skills down to about 300 for fastest gains. I haven't actually tired that one.

Now i've reached 104 with cu but it seems quite blocked. I gain 0.1 about in 2 hours of playing :(
Some suggestion?
Is it possible that raising disco it's so difficult? Much more then taming?
I'm at 104, trying to raise it a bit at a time rather than all at once. I seem to be doing better than .1 gain every 2 hours, more like 0.3 an hour, sometimes more... but it is tedious. I jewel up to 120, use an exceptional instrument and discord paragon cu sidhe, or anything else at 160 barding difficulty. It seems faster than a bunch of plain tamed cu sidhe, but neither is too exciting. I just run through a ton of instruments that way, and exceptional instruments are hard to find.

U

uoBuoY

I tried this method and got worse gains than before... I failed the music check so often that I put music back on. A better way that I've read about is to stone 4 skills and lock them... that's right, get your total skills down to about 300 for fastest gains. I haven't actually tired that one.
I've done that twice in the past while making 2 Tamer/Bards on 2 separate accounts. Only Taming and Lore on one char (max 220 total skills). Only Music and Disco (max 220 total skills) on another char. Lock Music and Lore at 100. Really "feels" as though the gains are faster.

I'm at 104, trying to raise it a bit at a time rather than all at once. I seem to be doing better than .1 gain every 2 hours, more like 0.3 an hour, sometimes more... but it is tedious. I jewel up to 120, use an exceptional instrument and discord paragon cu sidhe, or anything else at 160 barding difficulty. It seems faster than a bunch of plain tamed cu sidhe, but neither is too exciting. I just run through a ton of instruments that way, and exceptional instruments are hard to find.
I also have jeweled-up training skills but only to make it more interesting, not for better gains. In general the higher an effective skill (real skill with + or - effects) is, the slower it gains. That's why people Disco train or use -## Mage weapons...to lower the training skill for better gains.

O

Old Man of UO

I've done that twice in the past while making 2 Tamer/Bards on 2 separate accounts. Only Taming and Lore on one char (max 220 total skills). Only Music and Disco (max 220 total skills) on another char. Lock Music and Lore at 100. Really "feels" as though the gains are faster.

I also have jeweled-up training skills but only to make it more interesting, not for better gains. In general the higher an effective skill (real skill with + or - effects) is, the slower it gains. That's why people Disco train or use -## Mage weapons...to lower the training skill for better gains.
Oh I agree 100% with what you are saying, but I like my method better... I am using my tamer bard to make money at the same time as working on skill, and making millions discording the paragons cu sidhe and killing off the plain ones, hoping a nicely colored one spawns. I have freshly bonded white and red to finish training before I sell.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question.

The Sticky post about training Discordance suggests to use :

120-90 hiryu's
90-70 nightmares
70-60 Scorpion, hell hounds

My question is, rather than aggressive beasts like the above is it possible to have non aggressive one ?

I imagine 120-90 one can use Cu-Sidhes but what about the other 2 ranges 70-60 and 90-70?

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went from 75 to 85 on spectral spellbinders in New haven.

Since 85 I've been doing Pixies, Ki-rins and Unicorns.

I'm up to 97 and still gaining. Their barding difficulty is between 83 and 88 so they should get me to 100. Maybe even 105 *shrugs*

And...

They're all non aggressive (if you have high enough karma) and you won't lose karma from discording them.

O

Old Man of UO

I'm up to 97 and still gaining. Their barding difficulty is between 83 and 88 so they should get me to 100. Maybe even 105 *shrugs*

And...

They're all non aggressive (if you have high enough karma) and you won't lose karma from discording them.
I did the pixies at the champ spawn, and grabbed the health bars from all the paragons. Then went from paragon to paragon just discording those. Once you get to about 80 or so, these worked great up to about 100, then off to the cu sidhe.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Spectral Spellbinders are still aggressive, though....

Is there from 60 to 85 any non aggressive critters that can be discoed ?

M

MoneyMaker

Gaman, popps.
they are non-aggresive.
I don't know how high past 60 they will take you, but its a start.
hope it helps.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gaman, popps.
they are non-aggresive.
I don't know how high past 60 they will take you, but its a start.
hope it helps.

Gaman Barding Difficulty: 59.1

Frenzied Ostard Barding Difficulty: 56.2

It looks that Gaman do not have a much higher barding difficulty than Frenzied Ostards.

I am trying to find a non aggressive beast that is like 70ish.

Anyone knows any ?

O

Old Man of UO

It looks that Gaman do not have a much higher barding difficulty than Frenzied Ostards.

Anyone knows any ?
Instead of spending all your time asking someone else, in the long run it is faster to learn to use the Hunter's Guide and Barding Guide here at Stratics to answer your own question... It would take about 5 minutes to go through all of them to figure it out.

Hunter's Guide
http://uo.stratics.com/hunters/index.shtml

Barding Calculator
http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/bardingdifficulty.php

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of spending all your time asking someone else, in the long run it is faster to learn to use the Hunter's Guide and Barding Guide here at Stratics to answer your own question... It would take about 5 minutes to go through all of them to figure it out.

Hunter's Guide
http://uo.stratics.com/hunters/index.shtml

Barding Calculator
http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/bardingdifficulty.php

Spent about a couple of hours looking for a non aggressive beast with a barding difficulty of 70 and could not find much and so got tired and thought to ask.

Sorry for making such a mistake of thinking that these Boards were also to help players find answers to problems they might have with the game...........

O

Old Man of UO

Sorry for making such a mistake of thinking that these Boards were also to help players find answers to problems they might have with the game...........
It's not that at all. Helping others to learn to find answers for them self is often faster than asking the question on a forum and waiting for an answer. Give a fish... teach to fish.

I've noticed a pattern with some people that would rather ask someone else to do the work than do it. After more than 6,700 posts, surely you can understand that. Heh

U

uoBuoY

Anyone knows any ?
Here's a list of all creatures with 65-85 Barding Required:
• Acid Elemental
• Agapite Elemental
• Air Elemental
• Air Elemental (Summoned)
• Ant Lion
• Black Solen Infiltrator (Queen)
• Black Solen Infiltrator (Warrior)
• Black Solen Queen
• Black Solen Warrior
• Blackthorn Juggernaut
• Blade Spirit
• Bone Knight
• Bone Magi
• Brigand
• Brigand, Elven
• Bronze Elemental
• Centaur
• Chaos Daemon
• Chaos Dragoon
• Controller
• Copper Elemental
• Crystal Elemental
• Crystal Sea Serpent
• Cursed
• Cyclopean Warrior
• Deep Sea Serpent
• Doppleganger
• Drake
• Dull Copper Elemental
• Earth Elemental
• Earth Elemental (Summoned)
• Efreet
• Energy Vortex
• Enslaved Gargoyle
• Evil Mage
• Evil Mage Lord
• Exodus Overseer
• Fire Beetle
• Fire Elemental
• Fire Elemental (Summoned)
• Fire Steed
• Frost Troll
• Gargoyle
• Gazer
• Giant Black Widow
• Giant Ice Worm
• Giant Serpent
• Golden Elemental
• Golem
• Grimmoch Drummel
• Hell Hound (Leader)
• Hellcat (Large)
• Hellsteed
• Ice Elemental
• Imp
• Ki-Rin
• Kraken
• Lava Serpent
• Lich
• Meer Captain
• Meer Warrior
• Moloch
• Morg Bergen
• Ophidian Apprentice Mage
• Ophidian Enforcer
• Ophidian Justicar
• Ophidian Shaman
• Ophidian Warrior
• Ophidian Zealot
• Orc Bomber
• Orc Captain
• Orc Chopper
• Orcish Lord
• Orcish Mage
• Pixie
• Plague Beast
• Quagmire
• Rai-Ju
• Ratman Archer
• Ratman Mage
• Reaper
• Red Solen Infiltrator (Queen)
• Red Solen Infiltrator (Warrior)
• Red Solen Queen
• Red Solen Warrior
• Sand Vortex
• Savage Rider
• Savage Warrior (Female)
• Savage Warrior (Male)
• Scorpion
• Sea Serpent
• Shade
• Shadow Iron Elemental
• Silver Serpent
• Skeletal Knight
• Skeletal Mage
• Snow Elemental
• Spectral Armor
• Spectre
• Stone Gargoyle
• Stone Harpy
• Tavara Sewel
• Terathan Warrior
• Valorite Elemental
• Verite Elemental
• War Horse
• Water Elemental
• Water Elemental (Summoned)
• Whipping Vine
• Wisp
• Wraith
• Wyvern
2 are non-aggressive: Wisp and Pixie.

U

uoBuoY

With unicorns, can i raise the skill over 100?
Here is a list of creatures that have 100-130 Barding Required:
• White Wyrm
• Satyr
• Chaos Dragoon Elite
• Dryad
• Insane Dryad
• Ogre Lord
• Thrasher
• Dragon
• Poison Elemental
• Lich Lord
• Oni
• Succubus
• Ethereal Warrior
• Zealot of Khaldun (Summoner)
• Phoenix
• Gnaw
• Meer Eternal
• Crystal Daemon
• Rune Beetle
• Gargoyle Destroyer
• Lady of the Snow
• Lady Marai
• Devourer of Souls
• Balron
• Crystal Lattice Seeker
• Yomotsu Priest
• Grobu
• Hiryu
• Skeletal Dragon
• Shadow Wyrm
• Miasma
• Yomotsu Elder
• Malefic
• Cu Sidhe
• Silvani
• Rotting Corpse
• Serpentine Dragon

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spectral Spellbinders are still aggressive, though....

I have never had one attack me from simply discording it.

If i swack it, yes.
If I cast on it, yes.
If I discord it, no.

Just for the record, I'm talking about the spellbinders found in Haven.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a list of creatures that have 100-130 Barding Required:

A question, to put together that list did you have to visually check each of those monsters one by one (like for example in Stratics Hunters' Guide) or is there a database of all existing critters in Ultima Online with all of their stats and skills somewhere, where one can filter for the Barding Range required (or other desired parameters) and it automatically produces all of the eligible critters in the game within that range ?

If so, where is it ?

Thanks.

U

uoBuoY

A question, to put together that list did you have to visually check each of those monsters one by one (like for example in Stratics Hunters' Guide) or is there a database of all existing critters in Ultima Online with all of their stats and skills somewhere, where one can filter for the Barding Range required (or other desired parameters) and it automatically produces all of the eligible critters in the game within that range ?

If so, where is it ?

Thanks.
Actually pretty simple...
Go to this site: Stratic's Complete Hunter's Guide
Click on Advanced Search in the upper left corner.
Enter a Barding Difficulty (say 100).
Then enter a Range (say 10).
That means you will generate a list of critters with a Barding Difficulty of 90 to 110.
Lastly, Sort By: Barding Difficulty.
Pretty neat...takes about 60 seconds! Less time than it took to write this post!

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spent about a couple of hours looking for a non aggressive beast with a barding difficulty of 70 and could not find much and so got tired and thought to ask.

Oh for the love of....

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=40810&page=3

Can you not even be bothered to read this very helpful sticky Popps. Here is a master of the bardic skills giving you the easist way to gain from 0-120 with non aggressive creatures AS YOU REQUESTED but your still crying about people not wanting to help you.

Get a grip.