• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Raising Bush

J

[JD]

So I'm at 100.x Bush now after a few months of training my sampire off and on. But gains seem to be sooo slowww and few and far between. For a while I was just getting the .1 for GCS (sp?) every day.

I've been momentum striking where I can, in lieu of Whirlwind. Many types of creatures.

What's the best setup for me to gain Bush the fastest? What creature(s)?

Thanks

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really just need to lightning/momentum strike everything you see till 120. The level of monster really doesn't matter, there is no increased chance of gain for harder monsters.

I personally don't think bush is hard to gain at all, although I remember the days when I used to think it was hard.

Can gain to 120 by lightning striking a tamed horse btw, as long as your unguilded in tram, the horse doesn't take damage.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I trained my weapons skill to 120 from fighting Yomatsu Warriors. I Lightning Striked every chance I could and got up to about 115 bushido when I finished macing. I finished my final 5.0 from Lightning striking Miasma while I farmed gold and items to unravel. There was nothing special about it, but it worked and I made a tidy sum in the process. I never used a single momentum strike while training bushido.

-OBSIDIAN-

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make sure no members of PETA are around. Unguilded yourself & beat the horse. Umm I mean use ls on the horse till 120.

J

[JD]

Wouldnt momentum strike be faster cause its a higher level ability?

im thinkin I could get 2 golems together and beat on em with my poison weap.

i cant do the horse thing, i joined factions on my sampy. i think it would take a while to get out of it, or at least to get points again

H

HongKongCavalier

I found going to the Painted Caves and alternating Lightning and Momentum Strike on the troglodytes with a Soul Seeker to be the fastest way to go. Between Vampire form and the leeching, mana and health were never an issue.

Just constantly target every troglodyte in the lower caves to keep a mob on you, or try the upper cave where Lurg and Grobu are if you can handle them.

O

Old Man of UO

Wouldnt momentum strike be faster cause its a higher level ability? ...
Yes, it is faster... but still not fast. As HKC pointe out, get a fast mana leech weapon (e.g. the Soul Seeker) and go to a high spawn area like the Painted Caves. LS every strike, and the action will probably be too fast to even loot. I think it took me about a week to go from 100 to 120 bushido poking miasma and trogs.

J

[JD]

ive got a nice 55 hml, 44 hsl, hit area 50, di 45, HLA 44 radiant as my non slayer
using eoo and honoring miasma im taking her down easy with only 102 sword and 100 bush.. no leafblade needed. HLA does the job

actually i dont seem to be gaining skill; even tho i own her she's probably too high for me still

painted caves is a great idea... i take my GD there to train, why not sampire?

O

Old Man of UO

actually i dont seem to be gaining skill; even tho i own her she's probably too high for me still...
The monster's level isn't a factor in bushido gains, just using the skill.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldnt momentum strike be faster cause its a higher level ability?

im thinkin I could get 2 golems together and beat on em with my poison weap.

i cant do the horse thing, i joined factions on my sampy. i think it would take a while to get out of it, or at least to get points again
Just bite the bullet, come out of factions and hit a horse, it'll take a few hours, or just LS/momentum like crazy at champs.

S

Stupid Miner

Just bite the bullet, come out of factions and hit a horse, it'll take a few hours, or just LS/momentum like crazy at champs.
Actively training Bushido past 100 has always seemed like a waste of time for me. The last 20 points are just frosting.
Same with actively training weapon skills past 110.

Training only makes sense if you can't kill what you want to kill at your current skill level. 100 vs 120 bushido will never consistently result in the difference between a win and a loss.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need to quit factions to beat the horse just resign from your guild, and then when your done training jump back in the guild. I usually use the horse method on new chars with GM focus/med and wearing a LMC/MR suit and a fast weapon and usually I can regen mana just as fast as I use it. If I'm still having mana problems then I'll throw on enough items so that I can go into Lich form. For more developed chars that don't have room for focus/med and I don't feel like stoning skills around, I'll just grab a fast weapon (swords in your case) with HML and go LS the trogs. I'm not really looking to do massive damage just to be able to hit quickly.

J

[JD]

Ok thanks for the suggestions. Active training is boring to me too so I prefer stuff like Miasma or Trogs which will provide at least a bit of entertainment ..

Been doing Miasma last day or two and gained a little swords, finally up to 105. Bush is just creeping right along, at 101.1 this morning.

I like the fact I can get loot to unravel from Miasma, and some gold. My imbuer gained a few .1's this morning from the loot so it seems to be good to do as an improvement for both toons...

Reptalons wandered into the area a couple times. That paralyzing roar was a little scary. Was madly clicking my trapped chest and then my bandage and hitting divine to get my sta back. But I defeated them, using EOO, Honor, and my hml/hsl/di/hla/hit area all purpose radiant scimmy

S

slaveone

Best thing to do is buy a cat from the NPC animal trainers. Then make sure your unguilded and just spam LS on it with a fast weapon. It also helps to pack on MR2 or MR3 gear in every slot possible and switch your character into Lich form for the MR bonus. This should allow you to spam ONLY LS almost non-stop. From 100 it should take roughly about 8-10 hours of non-stop cat beating to hit 120 using this method. It would take FOREVER and a day to reach 120 just using it randomly on monsters you fight. So TBH trying to gain that way is kinda dumb unless you enjoy that method or don't mind hitting 120 bushido until sometime in 2012...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best thing to do is buy a cat from the NPC animal trainers. Then make sure your unguilded and just spam LS on it with a fast weapon. It also helps to pack on MR2 or MR3 gear in every slot possible and switch your character into Lich form for the MR bonus. This should allow you to spam ONLY LS almost non-stop. From 100 it should take roughly about 8-10 hours of non-stop cat beating to hit 120 using this method. It would take FOREVER and a day to reach 120 just using it randomly on monsters you fight. So TBH trying to gain that way is kinda dumb unless you enjoy that method or don't mind hitting 120 bushido until sometime in 2012...
If you want to powergain it, the above statement is as good as it gets. I know I got my 120 bush in one day. Turned UO on, MR/LMC suit, no lich form for me and stuck a penny in my F1 key to constantly spam LS...

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If in a rush I do this to train bush or ninja

70 necro Lich form, wisp
temp adjust stats for high int/mana
2 sec wep 30 ssi to reach ss cap
50 ss
gm+ focus
gm+ med
mana regen/lmc suit

LS all the way

R

ReaperNI

i agree that bushido is a pain in the arse i preety much used lighting stirkes till 110 and then after that it slowed way way down. after that id be just using moentium stirkes and make sure to log on each day for a giving ggs .1 TYR