• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Racing Question

G

Granjell

I thought I'd go for the first laff boost in Kart Racing, but I've got 6 trophies, and have a few questions on the way to get the next ones....

What's the difference between, say, Corkscrew Colliseum and Corkscrew Colliseum Rev? What does the "Rev" mean?

How can you tell how many of which race you've run, other than keeping your own scoresheet at home? I thought it would be like mini-golf, where it would say "You have completed 4 urban racetracks" or something.

Is there any advantage to the different starting positions? Is it better to be on the far left? far right? inbetween?

Do you have to enter the Grand Prix at any time to get any of the trophies? Does each track of the circuit count toward your requirements?

That's all I can think of right now, racing is my next laff boost challenge as I've got the first mini-golf and can clearly see my way, I'm stuck at ultra rare fish, with 5 left to go, I got the 8 bean flowers, and I'm nowhere near maxing any boss suits. I don't seem to have any problems finding other racers, Sunday mornings seem pretty well-attended, and have won my fair share up to now.

Who's the Kart Racing Guru?:cool:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the difference between, say, Corkscrew Colliseum and Corkscrew Colliseum Rev? What does the "Rev" mean? Rev = Reverse. Same track just you go the other direction.

How can you tell how many of which race you've run, other than keeping your own scoresheet at home? I thought it would be like mini-golf, where it would say "You have completed 4 urban racetracks" or something. Other than that? Check the front page (http://toontown.stratics.com) for bluedog's program for keeping track. You still gotta count for yourself, but at least it's saved in a program instead of wondering where your paper ran off to.. I'm pretty sure the means of tracking golf are directly related to how many people complained about tracking racing.

Is there any advantage to the different starting positions? Is it better to be on the far left? far right? inbetween? Not that I know of.

Do you have to enter the Grand Prix at any time to get any of the trophies? Does each track of the circuit count toward your requirements? Nope, a GP only counts for GP races. Sadly.

Who's the Kart Racing Guru?:cool: *points at Hile*

G

Granjell

Thanks Trish - since I haven't kept count, I guess I have to wait until I get to 10 and start a tracking from there.

D

Domino Cat

Trish there is one thing that may happen in a race. If you crash into another kart either you or the other kart will be stopped. Like a glitch where the better connection will win. I'm egtting on today at 1 PM where i live. give me a true friend code and let me talk more to you. PLEASE??????????????

And try to start in the center lanes in a rural race or else u be slower off the start unless you turn into the cobblestone path which may result in a crash.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah but I don't think it's "better connection wins". Young and I did a huge chunk of the racing duo, and it happened to both of us.

G

Granjell

Well Folks - I just learned the hard way that you can lose your hard-earned tickets. I was in a 1000 ticket grand prix race, having completed the first two (I lost, but that's neither here nor there) and waiting to start the third. The screen stayed black for several seconds and then I got a notice that I had been timed out and that my tickets would not be refunded because the tournament had already started.

As a result, I was left with only 295 tickets, not enough to enter another tournament race.

Let this be a lesson to those starting racing for laff - don't enter tournaments until you have enough tickets to cover losing what you have to deposit!

oh, well - anyone want to race?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That stinks :( I sometimes had troubles with Blizzard Blvd timing me out, whether or not it was part of the Grand Prix. I suggest you try staying away from GP races that involve that track. Could help ya.

G

Granjell

Thanks! we had done a coliseum and a rural, so it might have been next.

H

Holocog

I get my lazy sfs who arent doing anything to let me win. Its not the best thing to do, but i am tired of trying 30 times and not even winning 10 races.

And also if you have a bad internet connection and you are in nr, well dont do a grand prix. I got disc. from one and didnt get my 1000 tickets back.:sad2: