• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Qustion About Stratics Archieve Threads

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I posted many threads years ago under the name DrAJ (then I lost my email account when I changed ISP) and had to remake my login.

Are these old threads Archived anywhere? Can they still be accessed?
Thanks

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Several years ago there was a major data crash and the boards were lost. Believe me, I also felt that pain. Some of my best RP posts were in tail end of the last century as well as the early part of this century....

However, there is _some_ hope for The Lost Posts! Many web geeks know of a quiet little corner of the web where archives of websites live on. Sometimes, depending on the fickleness of the connections, web geeks are able to pull content from those archives. It is a project I've been working on for about 2 years now. :) Also, some of the older vBulletin boards are still compressed in our own backups.

It is my goal to restore as much of the oldest Stratics and UOSS content as feasible. However, it is time consuming and sometimes nerve wracking, particularly when working to stabilize and manage a robust, living website as we have here. I might follow a series of links, only to be presented with a 404 message, meaning whatever it is I might be tracking down is, utterly, gone.

There are some rules we have to follow in this process...
  1. Anything restored will be restored AS IS. There is no editing of the content that gets restored, including old (and sometimes inflamatory) posts.
  2. Post count from these archives will NOT apply to present accounts. There is just no way to know with 100% certainty who a person was. Even I suffered a couple of dopplegangers around 2003.
  3. Anything restored will be presented in a static format, meaning it will not be contained within the forum, but a special part of Stratics that with some tenderness might be searchable.
  4. All content associated to the Stratics website(s) is, indeed, copyrighted and owned (now) by Bazaaro Community, Inc. which can be reproduced in any format so designated. We make all attempts to ensure the accuracy of restored content, linking to sources if/when available.

That is how I am getting all of the past staffer's (Stratics) names. And how many historical articles will be showing up on our content site after the maintenance on March 21.

To surmise... I will do the best I can TheDrAJ. Reclaiming and preserving the history of our favored game, as well as this site, has always been a priority for me.

:hula:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* I have lost over 10k posts not once, but twice I never asked for any "reset". Post count has never been a concern of mine

You can leave all the NHB stuff lost as far as I am concerned. ;)

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't care much about post counts - I am more interested in the discussions (especially in the professions forms).

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I do understand. I was not intending to make it about post count. I was just thinking about all the lost posts I have made... Many of them should stay that way. *chuckles*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* good stuff