• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quiver of Fire bug?

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure where to go with this but...2 nights in a row my miner has lost a quiver of Fire mid fight. No message, nothing. I normally dont play an archer template so I dont know if this is something that's a known issue or not. But I am curious if anyone else has had this happen or if anyone knows what may be the cause?
It shouldnt matter but I have 0 archery, using JOAT. I first thought I ran out of ammo in the quiver but hindsight I am sure I had at least 100 arrows the first time and about 20 the second time.
I'm not sure when the first one disappeared as I had about 30ish arrows in my pack from recovery and didnt notice the quiver was gone until I ran out of those. I was fighting a mined elemental, either valorite, shadow or gold I believe.
Second time very similar situation though I had a better idea of when it poofed as I had been moving the recovered arrows more often. This time it was either a shadow or verite elemental I was fighting, I noticed it on a shadow.

Anyone else having this issue?

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And to follow up, just happened again. Valorite elemental this time, normal elven quiver this time with 120 arrows left in. no message.
Not going to lie, this is getting old fast.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And even more follow up a few hours late. It seems to be the "gas" attack from certain elementals and I think the last time happened from the reflective damage from a valorite. So for any miners out there using archery to hunt down the mind up elementals, be wary of your quivers.
Arrows in the pack are safe
I havent tried keeping the quiver in the pack yet.
I have bugged this and have had no reply, not sure if it went through (hit submit and it just takes me to the UO home page?)

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not a bug, both the verite and valorite elementals have the ability to destroy any unblessed/uninsured equipment.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not a bug, both the verite and valorite elementals have the ability to destroy any unblessed/uninsured equipment.
Thanks for the heads up. Shouldn't there be some sort of message of an item being destroyed in this case? And why only the quiver? Being on Siege there's an entire assortment of worn gear that can be destroyed, never had this happen until very recently when switching to archery vs toe-to-toe.
From a strategy perspective I could understand them destroying the weapon/ammo container for self preservation. A message of it being destroyed when it happens would be nice though. Unless I keep it open on screen I'd never notice the little strap disappearing off of my paperdoll.

Anyway, apparently case solved. thanks for the help.