• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Quitting Vendors at Dragonstorm.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check the Quitting vendors for the cheapest prices. The normal vendors aren't discounted yet, but I'll get to them as I get time. I'll restock until my vendor backstock is gone. Enjoy the good deals!

dragonstorm_map.jpg

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well that sucks, im sorry to see ya go, i shop your venders alot
Thank you for your kind words. I hope you get some extra special deals as I put some stuff up. :heart:

The "anniversary events" were the last straw for this old dragon. My account is 240 months - exactly 20 years - Its been a great run. :heart:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Really sorry to see you go :(

I clicked this thread thinking you were just not going to run vendors anymore..... I didn't expect this at all.

You and Athelas were my primary role models when I became the rares forum moderator. Thank you for your many years of contributions to the UO and Stratics communities. I hope you'll still visit us here on the forums sometimes.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The "anniversary events" were the last straw for this old dragon. My account is 240 months - exactly 20 years - Its been a great run. :heart:
If you don't mind me asking what exactly about them? I understand and feel your frustrations, I just like to understand why people leave the game.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks @Merlin :grouphug:

If you don't mind me asking what exactly about them? I understand and feel your frustrations, I just like to understand why people leave the game.
The anniversary event was the proverbial straw that broke the dragon's back. I have been frustrated with the state of the game and the decline of the rp communities. I don't want to turn this into a debate thread, but to me they were poorly thought out, a grindfest and excluded a significant portion of the population. I'm fine with a long-running arc or even permanent content being a grind, people can do it at their leisure. I'm even tolerant of a limited time grind for eye-candy. However, this was an anniversary event and I felt it should be more inclusive of the population, both those with low finances and lack of skills. Now having been around for 20 years, I'm comfortable financially and have access to skilled characters in nearly all skills. So this isn't a whine on me being able not to participate. I could have if I had wanted found the time and bought what I needed to do the quest line. The current invasions were not well thought out either. Those working to do the spawn are not even able to find the 'boss' before its dead by those who run around looking for it and not participating in the killing. Also, RNG should never have been a flat factor in the drops. It should have had a % added with each failure so that after x time you're guaranteed to get what you need. From the horror stories of 100 mibs and no staff, either the % added was extremely low or there wasn't any. For someone to get 100 mibs would require an untold number of hours fishing or paying pumped up prices which requires gold.

Now, I realize not everyone share my views and its not in my nature to rant, cause a scene or debate the above. I respect others points of view and if they are enjoying the event, hurrah to them. However, there could have been simple changes that would have made this more enjoyable for more people while allowing the content to be significant and use time. This was such a big milestone of an anniversary that the news articles by the gaming blogs and websites might have attracted returning or new players to the game. To be 'slapped' in the face with celebratory content they had no chance on enjoying. If I had joined a game and there was nothing for the 'non-elites' or 'non-veterans' to participate in a global event of such magnitude, it would result in me probably not bothering to go further. So... yes, there are my reasons *grins* They may not be shared by many, but I believe in them enough to hang up my hat after 20 years of playing.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you @Longtooths - I better get linked some screenshots on ICQ of your museum in lieu of my reserved tour. I found a rose when cleaning stuff out. I'll msg you so I can get it to you. :heart:

@Captn Norrington - I'm glad that I had some influence. Being a part of Stratics in both my spans of service were some of the most enjoyable and fulfilling times I had in UO. I did it all.... admin, moderator, reporter, news manager, etc. It was all challenging at times, but also rewarding to have the opportunity to serve the community in a game that I have held close to my heart for so long. Although, I'm sure some of the rares community didn't enjoy me as a moderator, I hope I made that forum an enjoyable place for the rest.... or at least a bit more peaceful. :heart:

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you @Longtooths - I better get linked some screenshots on ICQ of your museum in lieu of my reserved tour. I found a rose when cleaning stuff out. I'll msg you so I can get it to you. :heart:

@Captn Norrington - I'm glad that I had some influence. Being a part of Stratics in both my spans of service were some of the most enjoyable and fulfilling times I had in UO. I did it all.... admin, moderator, reporter, news manager, etc. It was all challenging at times, but also rewarding to have the opportunity to serve the community in a game that I have held close to my heart for so long. Although, I'm sure some of the rares community didn't enjoy me as a moderator, I hope I made that forum an enjoyable place for the rest.... or at least a bit more peaceful. :heart:

I actually purchased a castle a couple weeks ago to finally put everything out. Just waiting on the housing freeze to lift. And you will for sure be one of the first.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Full restock this morning! Thank you to everyone who has made a purchase!

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sad to see you go; I first met you when you played on Pacific; I then later frequented your vendors on atl. Times are changing!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. :grouphug: I've heard quite a few who are retiring, but I hope UO continues on and finds a way to bring new blood back.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Restocked. I've added a bulk deal vendor to help move stock. I will continue to lower prices and restock as stuff sells.

I think I only have about1000 items left in backstock outside of the current stocked items. I've sold about 2000 items. Thank you to everyone who has bought something. :heart:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Restocked again with new items. I'll be going through tomorrow and lowering prices again on some items that aren't moving. Check back!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Restocked again. Most vendors at max item count. New items and some reduced. Enjoy!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Restocked again and lowered some prices. Down to 3 partial chests of backstock. After everything is on a vendor, I'll start lowering prices often until most of it sells so I can put the house up for auction. My estimate is later this week I'll be able to get everything on depending on how much room is made. Right now most are maxed out on item count.

Thank you all who have taken the time to shop during this time and over my many years. :heart: :heart:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright. All the items are now up and I did a price drop of everything that was still on the vendors. Was able to drop 3 of the vendors and consolidate items.

If you collect blackrock boxes, all the duplicates I had have been put on.

House should go up for auction soon as majority has been sold.
I'll drop prices again in a couple of days.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is sad news indeed, I will miss going to your vendor house looking for more roses
to feed my obsession. I hope like most people you will return after a break. I agree with you
about the events. This time they were poorly thought out and should have run a lot longer.
I know for me I just didn't have the time and to be honest the desire to do that grind fest.
I will have to visit your vendors once more before you close up shop.. You will be missed.