• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quitting UO

I

Infiniti

I will be dropping items at Luna bank until Christmas and then I will drop my Keep and my Castle. The Keep is in Vesper south of the graveyard and the owner name is Star. The Castle is on Ice Island and the owner name is Angelique. Merry Christmas.

roomstomper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you be interested in selling some items and the castle and just dropping checks at the bank. If so ICQ me at 574531246. If not have a good day and hope to see you returning in the future. Sir Fred

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*huggles*

Unless you need the money I'd keep an account with at least one home and stuff. You never know when you might get an urge to come back.

Happy trails and best wishes in your other journeys!

I

Infiniti

*huggles*

Unless you need the money I'd keep an account with at least one home and stuff. You never know when you might get an urge to come back.

No I don't need the money but am totally disallusioned with the game. My friends left years ago and as I'm shy I have been unable to make new friends and even when I've tried I have had no luck. I also don't like the way EA handled the last set of lay offs. People worked hard on getting the Stygian(sp) Abyss out and there reward was to be laid off. I think of that every time I logged on to the game and it left a sour taste in my mouth. Thank you for caring and for the *huggles*. Star, aka Infiniti. hehe.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*huggles*

No I don't need the money but am totally disallusioned with the game. My friends left years ago and as I'm shy I have been unable to make new friends and even when I've tried I have had no luck. I also don't like the way EA handled the last set of lay offs. People worked hard on getting the Stygian(sp) Abyss out and there reward was to be laid off. I think of that every time I logged on to the game and it left a sour taste in my mouth. Thank you for caring and for the *huggles*. Star, aka Infiniti. hehe.
Aww Star! I've played with you before!
Had I not been tied up I'd take you with me on hunts!

Take care and I do hope to get to see you again someday. Maybe EA/Mythic will come around and change alot of folks minds eventually. You aren't the first or going to be the last I've seen leave recently.

roomstomper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you by chance the same star that was in CFS guild and had a luna vendor a while back. If so I remember you very well and the hunts with you and crow. If you are the one crow says hello as he computer is down. Have a great day.

Anchwor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Star
Just my thoughts on this...I neither need nor want your castle, keep, gold, or items. However, if you follow through with your post, and drop the castle and keep as you say, you will be playing to the strengths of those you like the least. There will be many people there trying to place as soon as you drop and the one that wins will most likely be a cheater/scripter. Just wanted you to think about this and perhaps consider giving it to a friend or auctioning it off. Good Luck in the future. I am sorry you have been disillusioned with UO. I have been also several times but always came back.

Anchwor

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would at least keep one or the other (Keeps in a beatiful spot! I would personally keep that) ... put any valuables or keepsakes in the bank..

Yes times do change.. but you shouldn't let recent events put a bitter taste in your mouth regarding UO.. look at all that has happened since Fall of 1997.. many many changes...

anywho... hopefully you change your mind rolleyes:

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Star what about the community hunts with Sabina? You said you're shy but I can assure you there is always opportunity to get to know a few there. Either way I hope you find something fun and fulfilling past UO and I hope even more you might come back some day.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will admit that I am standing here at the castle with the "pipe dream" of actually being able to place it. HOWEVER, I would rather have you stay than waste my Christmas day waiting for some scripter to get it. Folks are losing jobs all over the place and it is a sad thing, but a reality. The more folks that quit uo, the less jobs there are for those working at EA. I will hunt with you! I pretty much keep to myself because my friends left as well but if there was that "certain someone" I had stuff in common with or could have fun with, I would play all day with them. You still have time to change your mind and I hope you do :(

EDIT: If you can comfortably afford to keep accounts open, then isn't that one more job less in danger? I'm not saying to do it if it put's a burden on you or your family (finantially) but I HATE it when people leave UO *sigh* I will hunt with you every single night lol My RL friend started playing and we have tons of fun when we can hook up!

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it will probably be the broccoli rice casserole that makes me miss out rather than the scripters lol I still got LOT'S of cooking to do ugh
Merry Christmas to everyone!

I

Infiniti

Thanks Xenobia and all those that sent well wishes. As for the rest, the greedy ones, I will do with the castle and keep what I think best and when I get the time to do it. Happy New Year to all the caring people in the Lake Superior Realm. :)

S

sevan

Thanks Xenobia and all those that sent well wishes. As for the rest, the greedy ones, I will do with the castle and keep what I think best and when I get the time to do it. Happy New Year to all the caring people in the Lake Superior Realm. :)
I hope you decide to stay and play longer. If not, best wishes to you and hope to see you around again in the (not too distant) future. If you decide to sell the any of your home(s) pm me as I am looking for a larger house. I am hoping that you actually decide to keep it.