• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quiting UO

• Thread starter Hunter Blackmoon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
H

Hunter Blackmoon

Its been no secret, most of you who may know me have known my intent for some time now. Rather than going into the many reasons of why I am leaving I have decided just to say good-bye.

My first attempt to sell my account is here on the stratics trade forums:
http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=7593345&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

To those of you that still play that know me or have made friends with me over the years I do wish you all the best of luck with UO and hope you stay in contact, and thank you for the good times.

Hopefully I can get the account sold fast but if not, I'll be around here until then.

G

Well so much for hoping you just had a wild hair up your arse and all that.....

Course you made one remark on the listing of your packratness ...

No negative marks.

Totally destroys the your a SOB so and so.......... feel so let down now....yer a [censored] fer leading me on you are you are....

EDIT: well shoot, cant use the legit term for a male person born out of wedlock....

H

Hunter Blackmoon

Heh,

I am inclined to wonder WTF you are talking about. What remark? lol

G

the no negative marks against the account... like what a panzy .

just razzing... anyways...

H

Hunter Blackmoon

Ah LOL!

I have been paged on many times for many things but in all cases it was just some angry child wasting the GMs time. I am also smart enough NOT to verbally rip people a new one in game, thats what forums, ICQ and e-mail are for :p

H

Hunter Blackmoon

Yeah, not many people knew that.

Elvin and Paddycat were probably the last two that found out and that was over 4 years ago.

T

Triumph

<blockquote><hr>

Holy crap. You were Cookie Monster? Uh, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

A direct quote from Hunter Blackmoon in 1999.

Who are some of the first people you met on Lake Superior Shard?

"Well my boss was a well-known PvPer as well as a merchant. His characters included SS Man (his smith) and Thomas Covenant (his pvp mage). He rolled with Boogy Man and COOKIE MONSTER. The rest were mostly people I’m sure no one has ever heard of. They never got into the pvp scene. A few that helped me out in the beginning were strongfellow, Disevious/Cassandra, Warlock, and a few others."

H

Hunter Blackmoon

If I remember correctly you are referring to an article that was written by DariusII for his "PvP Legends" geocities site. Therefore I am not disputing the quote you referenced, only the accuracy of it when it was first made. I am not the only person in the game that does not give full discloser of each and every alternate and past character. With a bit of thought you may be able to figure out why COOKIE MONSTER was even mentioned in that quote in the first place.

I have always provided accurate and truthful information for each and every item I have ever sold, virtual or not, and I have the eBay feedback to prove it. Feel free to check my past feedback for all my virtual sales on eBay and you will see nothing but satisfied buyers, or I could provide a list of past references of whom I have made virtual item sales to in the past who can attest to my accuracy, honesty and timely delivery of merchandise.

Thank you and that is all I will say on the subject here. Any potential buyers who wish to address this issue or have any other questions regarding the account for sale should contact me via email or ICQ. I will also speak with you live over the phone at request.

G

Safe journies. It's sad to see all the vets go.
I quit once, and let my house drop with all my accumulated detritus.
Two weeks later, I reactivated.
Do you have another account, in case you change your mind?

H

Hunter Blackmoon

There will be no changing of my mind, I have put quiting off for about 3 years now. Everything I did enjoy about the game has been gone for years now and there is no reason to keep paying a monthly fee for something I never use.

H

Hunter Blackmoon

I am pleased to announce that after nearly 3 months time I was finally able to sell off my account.

I no longer have any ties to UO and while there are a few choice comments I would like to make to an unnamed few (you know who you are) I have decided not to as there is no point in it.

I wish most of you guys and gals the best of luck.

Take care and Farewell.

- Hunter Blackmoon
Finally Quit 4/11/2008

A

Avalonia

I've played the vast majority of what the MMORPG market has to offer and I can honestly say that you will be hard pressed to find a game with the fluidity of game play that UO has. So, if you plan on leaving the MMORPG market then thats all well and good. If you plan on finding another game to replace UO then good luck to you. I have never been able to do that over the years and I have quit and returned, quit and returned, quit and returned many many times over the years since 2000.

H

Hunter Blackmoon

I to have messed with just about every MMO on the market but it will not be a problem as I am done "playing" any MMORPGs. The uniqueness of my work requires that I still be involved in some but that is for pay not play.