• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quite OT, ok very OT but exciting!

G

My brother James wrote tonight's episode of Doctor Who!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, that's all, carry on!

G

fascinating!

so.

If we find it too far-fetched, do we channel complaints through you?

Likewise, our praises?

K

Kayne

I dont personally like or watch Dr Who, but that is very cool none the less

G

zOMG - that's about as cool as it gets!

ps: teh Doctor is sexeh!

I

imported_Cheerful

We liked it in our house. Expected him to use a psuedonym tho. James Buttons!

G

I watched it this evening on iplayer (gotta love that proggy)

I liked it!

The ending was deep.. and kinda gave a nice touch of darkside to the Doctor

Much better than last weeks.. yeesh

G

<blockquote><hr>

Glad you liked it, Cheerful. Anyone see it?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the few things we never miss on TV, and it was a great story
I'm sure it got a pretty good review somewhere too... Radio Times website I think. Very well done. I'm guessing it's hard getting a script accepted for a show like that. Now we want more!

Wenchy

G

Hi there,

very cool indeed.
Are you talking about the old one or the new?

I remember driving mum mad in the seventies because I often run around singing the intro...

Regards
The Scandinavian

S

SilentFoxXy

John Pertwee, and Tom Baker WERE Dr Who.

This rehashed rubbish with a talentless Dr and a failed comedienne is a terrible excuse for true Dr Who fans.

Anyone who saw those little, sweet men made of fat recently will surely agree. (Or were they baby StayPuff monsters from, oh I dont know, Ghostbusters maybe?:)

OK, I quite enjoyed the Volcano story, nicely scripted etc, so kudos to the writer, but is it REALLY Dr Who, or a modern day effort (Much as is the New Bionic Woman etc)

Yeah I know, an old foggy who remembers with misty eyes those days long since gone where as a young girl I hid behind the counter as the Daleks, The Cybermen , and the Yeti took over the world.

And Torchwood, oh comeon, Cardiff the centre of the universe, overseen by a gay excuse for a failed timelord.....

Baker, with K9 in tow, was and will always be, icnoic as Dr Who.

G

Don't be so harsh on him, he is the last of his kind now y'know!

G

Yeaah,

that was alot different ofcourse but still goodie.

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

Hi there,

my memory is cloudy as best.And I was not really the king of the zap device either.

Baker was he involved in the series to,not only the movies from eighties?
Maybe Im just confused.

And a really need a dictionary now.
haha

This is the problem with installing a new comp and not having all the gear on it yet.
Where the heck is my wordfinder when I need it?

Regards
The Scandinavian

R

Redavatar

I've really really tried to get into Dr Who since I was 12 or so (that's 15 years ago) but never really managed to get drawn in. I always thought it didn't take itself serious enough. Maybe I was spoiled since I was allowed to watch horror movies since I was 7 (and my father got Filmnet which showed all latest movies) including Aliens, Predator, etc. and I guess a Dalek that looks like it was made from discarded soap boxes didn't really strike fear into me

Still, I've tried to watch the "new" Dr Who and while I quite like the actors, the storylines usually let it all down. It's often too ridiculous for me to really enjoy it. I wish I had seen the episode written by your brother though - I may keep an eye out for re-runs

G

Not sure I should admit to it, but I was hiding behind the sofa when William Hartnell was Dr Who and it was filmed in black and white!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not sure I should admit to it, but I was hiding behind the sofa when William Hartnell was Dr Who and it was filmed in black and white!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny place for a cot