• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Quite an odd map bug

J

JPDefault

I wouldn't know how to explain this without the attached screenshots.
- In the first one, I re-logged in at Vesper bank. I could turn around but not move, until after a minute all was back to normal.
- In the second one I was just out of Delucia-to-Trinsic passage. The black area beheaved like a wall and was all around in a radius of about 40 tiles I guess. I went back into the passage, then out. Only that I didn't appear out, but instead I appeared in the cave again, like if I just entered it. Once out for the third time, all was normal.

Attachments

O

Old Man of UO

I'm not seeing this with the current EC client, but I saw that a lot with the KR client when entering my house. I believe that when you enter a new area sometimes your video card doesn't refresh the whole screen, or doesn't get a full screens worth of memory. It could also be a memory leak, because I've found that once it starts, it's best to log out/back in.

O

Old Man of UO

Ya... I suspect you are right. I hate telling people they need to upgrade. Well, in your case, you need to install one rather than using on-board video.

O

Old Man of UO

Problem is, it is on my laptop. :D
LOL... tell your boss you need a new laptop! I just got a new one after 3 years (and it was two years out of date then). It's not great, but it does run the new client, and was less than $650.

I think this is just a problem that you are stuck with.

J

JPDefault

It fortunately happens just once every 200 logins, so I can still enjoy the EC before I get a desktop PC. ;)