• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quiet of night

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The door closed shut to my office, I finally have a moment to myself. Reclining in the comfortable chair behind my desk, I let my mind wander.

I am injured, my city in danger and one I care for deeply is missing. What deity did I offend to bring down this fate? Of course, what did it matter? Fate is predetermined or so I have always said, what happens happens and nothing will change that.

The plague has spread to mages of Moonglow, that much is certain to me. I took precautions of course. A ship at sea converted into a lab and isolated location for those infected. Harder for those would use the two mages for their own gain to locate them. And though the citizens of the town will remain ignorant of what might happen, the captain and crew of the ship have orders to sink their vessel and go down into the icy waters around Moonglows shore. They know what it would mean were the plague to spread rampant. The city would cease to exist as it does now.

My injuries tie in with the one I care for missing. I had assumed she had been taken by those who had done so previously, I nearly paid for my thoughts with my life. A bleeding throat and broken ribs, I got off lightly. But at what cost did I escape? Did I reveal too much to these outsiders? It is possible, but time will tell. In the meantime, I have eyes watching their area. Eyes that will report back to me with unwavering loyalty, I have seen to that.

But now we come to the fact that other cities have been the subject of, for lack of a better term, terrorism? For what else could you call fire-bombings and the like? Could the Sultan really be behind it... I wonder. He has long since "claimed" to have outlawed slavery. Outlawed many things as well. But everyone knows the truth. And if he is indeed behind these acts, retribution will descend quickly and without mercy. Moonglow will stand strong and lend aid to those that need it.

Mages will be stationed throughout the city on constant alert. Water Elementals bound to our service to prevent fire damage. We will not be caught unaware. The city, the Lycaeum... Everything will stay guarded. We will loose nothing to those who would raise arms and threaten innocent lives.

There are many things I think of, and many that I do not. Perhaps if I did, the way forward would be better illuminated. For now though, there is no bright lit path for me to follow. There are only my thoughts and the quiet of night.

~Va'lis Razele