• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick Reference Needed

• Thread starter imported_sjtexasex
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_sjtexasex

Hi guys. I am excited about the changes, but I need help. I have a couple of still active TSO accounts fromt he beta days. But I have not played them much. In looking at the EA-Land pages, I see information about how to join if you are new and how to reactivate old accounts.

What I can't see or have missed is a simple guide for those of that have existing TSO accounts but are just lurkers and occasional players that haven't followed the news here very much. I would like to know what we have to do to move to EA-Land? Will it happen automatically on the 21st?

I have seen the FAQ on this board. It is helpful in explaining what EAL will be, but I can't seem to find information on the logistics of actually moving. Do I have to download somethign or will my normal log-in take me there?

Is there a simple step-by-step guide or can someone fill me in?

Thanks!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If you wish to move an old sim from a 'legacy city' to EA-Land, you simply choose the option to move at your sim selection screen when logged into "TSO" version of the game.

Move will only move your character and objects with you. No money or house.

I believe there is currently a bug in the move system that allows you to only move one sim at a time. Once you have selected to move a sim, the option is greyed out for any other sims you might have.

Currently moves are being handled manually when the developers have time to run the "move" feature.

If you are unable to move your old sims, they will eventually be merged to EA-Land with the city they live in, when city is merged to the new EALand Map.

With merge, your sim, city, house and objects are merged to EA-Land. No money is merged.

I

imported_sjtexasex

Thank you, but at the merge, will I simply log in and find myself in EA-Land (assuming I have downloaded a patch to my existing TSO program) or do I have to do something else to get to the new merged universe, like log onto a different site? I see a download option on the EAL site. Do I need that download or is that for people new or coming back to TSO?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If you already have TSO installed on your computer and can access game, you do not need to download and re-install the EALand installation files at this time.

When you first login, you will probably have to download all patch updates since you left.

With the merge...

One day you will login to EALand and just find you have your old sims there!