• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick question

S

Samantha

I hope I am not asking a question that has repeatedly been asked a million times before (*crosses fingers*). But I have been away for a while, I kept my account active. While trying to keep up on the news I vaguely remember reading something about being able to resize your house? What exactly is the deal with it? By that I mean, how does one go about doing so and are there certain "rules" or guidelines that need to be followed?

If this has been repeated several times over, I apologize in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.

:please: :)

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can find out most of it in the Publish 53 Notes and there were some threads regarding this on UHall that you might want to read as well. Have to be careful though...heard of a few people losing thier houses doing this, mainly due to the timer on placing the house (if you attempt to replace too many times, it initiates a cool-down timer) and the people doing it most likely not having any idea how to place the damned plot back. rolleyes:

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone suggested too you can place, say a black pearl, at each corner of your original house. That way if all else fails you can replace your original size.

Good luck Samantha and let us know how you make out!

S

Samantha

Thanks for the quick replies =] I have looked at the link provided, and I have done a search in UHall about house resizing. I have noticed that, in a few posts that actually pertained to resizing, the question of whether or not your items will disappear is quite popular. Should I move as much of my items as possible to my bank box(es) then try to resize? Or do I not have to worry about my belongings going *poof!*?

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I'm remembering correctly, there is a bug where things in the moving crate will poof, but they might have fixed that, I'm not sure. As for everything else, as far as I know it remains in place when you resize, so it would be best to have everything somewhere secure so that you don't lose anything.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought when you re-sized anything in the house got booted out to under the house sign. Free to grab by anyone passing by?

To be safe I would empty your house before trying to re-size.

A

Azureal

I thought when you re-sized anything in the house got booted out to under the house sign. Free to grab by anyone passing by?

This is how I remember it too.

Its such a backward system. I guess the Devs are working within the 10 year old coding boundaries, but what a dodgy system still, and it concerns to someones obviously valuable house youd imagine they could come up with something a little more user friendly.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, things in moving crate will go poof, clean it out before you resize ~ it was noted in the last patch notes or FoF, don't recall which, and was something I tried on test center early on

A

Ashyn

It "normally" does, but that is absolutely not a 100%.

I left everything in my Zento house thinking "ah, it'll just go to the corner and I'll drag it all back in," when I resized. Well, it didn't. It stayed on the ground and when the house was placed, one small basket moved under the sign. The rest vanished. Everything but that one basket was gone - the GM's couldn't even find it.

Taking the "easy" path, cost me a few thousand BOD's, millions in gems, every rare I owned and all my resources - not to mention all the armor I had just made. :gee:

I strongly advise you bank or boat all your items before resizing. It's better to be safe than sorry (and no, I'm not the only one this has happened to).

-Ashyn