• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Quick Question..

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a returning Vet and I have not played in 4-5 years.

I had a quick question about imbuing.

How are people getting these items crafted from Barbed Runic Kits with max properties?

I have seen them with like Max HP/Stam/Mana on there items with amazing resists.

I know you can "imbue" items, but someone said you would imbue as you craft with the kit..? Can someone shed some light, I been checking UOGUIDE and Stratics, but I can't find any specific. I do not have SA yet, as I dunno if I will keep my account open, but wondering how people have this amazing armor.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a returning Vet and I have not played in 4-5 years.

I had a quick question about imbuing.

How are people getting these items crafted from Barbed Runic Kits with max properties?

I have seen them with like Max HP/Stam/Mana on there items with amazing resists.

I know you can "imbue" items, but someone said you would imbue as you craft with the kit..? Can someone shed some light, I been checking UOGUIDE and Stratics, but I can't find any specific. I do not have SA yet, as I dunno if I will keep my account open, but wondering how people have this amazing armor.
Imbuing alone is awesome, Reforging then imbuing (if there is any room left on the piece) makes the godly items you see.

The way that you do it is by using the runic kit next to a soulforge... you then target a wep or armour and select from the options. there are some detailed posts on reforging and what options to select to get the best results.

Semmerset has posted some charts showing the intensity caps for each runic type.

Reforging is still random in some aspects but you can select named options to pretty much assure certain mods! but at the end of the day for the mega power pieces you will still be in the hands of the RNG!

Have a look at some of the reforge related posts or as I did recently when you have an hour or so free just read all the posts on the first few pages ;)

Good luck and post back if you need anything else.

to be fair I consider my knowledge of reforging fairly poor ATM as I have not had much chance to fully explore it, I know a great deal about imbuing though.... and I learned most of it here then just used the hell out of the skill.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing to remember when imbuing and eforging is that the base pieces you make play a big part in the outcome of the finished piece. also consider making pieces out of regular leather / wood / ingots and then enhancing after you reforge/imbue... this way you are getting the best out of each piece. Corwin has made some detailed posts on what to look for in your base pieces.... starting with the right piece can be the difference between a good finished piece and an amazing finished piece...