• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick Question

U

UltimaSword

How do people hide their profession title in their paperdoll? I look at some peoples and it just says their name. How can I get my paperdoll to do that?

I

InTooDeep

Your profession doesn't show to anyone unless you have really high fame (Lord or Lady title in front of your name). You will always see your paperdoll with its full title, but others will not unless you are a Lord or Lady.

U

UltimaSword

So my profession will only show if I am lord or lady? Okay thanks!

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, methinks yer profession will show once you hit the "Famed" level o' fame.

R

Rubican

I believe it is actually the level between famed and lord/lady.
Glorious/Illustrious etc.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe it is actually the level between famed and lord/lady.
Glorious/Illustrious etc.
That is my understanding ..... when your are just one step from Lord/Lady your profession will show

C

Capricious

Level 3 and 4 Fame will show your title to other players. Karma does not matter, only fame. It will always be the title with the highest skill. If you have multiple titles tied for highest, then mark then one you want to show to raise and lock the others and the one set to raise will be the one displayed. You can find a chart of the reputation titles here:

http://uo.stratics.com/content/reputation/titles.shtml

C

Coven of One

And if you happen to see someone with that level Fame (4th or 5th tier) but still have no professional title.. it means they are in the thieves guild.

R

Ruby of Pacific

And if you happen to see someone (such as my warrior) who has no fame but still shows their skill title, it probably means that it's a Companion.

Yeah - some of us still exist...even though New Haven pretty much leaves us unneeded.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And if you happen to see someone (such as my warrior) who has no fame but still shows their skill title, it probably means that it's a Companion.

Yeah - some of us still exist...even though New Haven pretty much leaves us unneeded.

We know Ruby, you remind us every chance you get.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also heard that you need a certain level of skill to get it displayed, at least 50 points in one trade to memory.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Yup - when your fame is in the top 2 levels, your reputation title and skill title will show to others.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some correct replies, will try to clarify in one reply with details.

Once you get your Fame Level up to the Fame Column displayed on this page (look for "* Titles shown *"), your Skill Title will show to others.

However, if one is in the NPC Thieves' Guild, the skill title will not be displayed to other players no matter what their Fame Level is at.

I also heard that you need a certain level of skill to get it displayed, at least 50 points in one trade to memory.
Unless this is a change that I am not aware of, this is not true. It was ages ago though... I remember having a newbie Bard with just 30's in skills that I got to Lady and her newbie skill level showed (Neophyte Bard), looked cool. Anyone know for sure?