• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick question regarding Virtue Armour

G

Hello.

Last night a part of the Virtue Armour set dropped for me whilst I was killing Lizardmen in Despise. I have tried to find out as much info about the armour set as I can but am left with a couple of questions that I hope a more experienced player can help with.

Firstly, my character is a Pally/Archer. Will the Virtue set be suitable to wear?

Second, do I now have to move to another dungeon to get another part to drop or can I stay in despise? ( Skill wise I can handle the ettins and elementals on the 2nd lvl in relative comfort ).

I know the cloak is only available through a quest but I am unsure as to the best way to obtain the other parts.

Many thanks

OldFella

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virtue armor is very nice suit to wear for any warrior/archer type character. The complete set will give you 70 in all resists and still gives you room to enhance it with nice Jewelry and a Talisman. It is also indestructible (almost). It keep self repairing itself in combat.

And you can fight in any of the 8 dungeons to get the pieces. You can fight no matter where or how long or no matter what monsters. As long you fight in any of the dungeons you get points (you don't see them) and eventualy a item will drop.

Oh and you can get all the different pieces in the same dungeon.

G

Fantastic! Many thanks for the fast and helpfull reply!

Off to kill me some more monsters!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the cloak you might need help for someone. Part of is is to donate and buy somehting from the Britain Library. But before you can donate there you need to do another quest. And one part of it is going to a very dangerous place in Ilshenar. You can use some help dodging some of the Paragon monsters there!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, and bracelet of health and the primer on arms talisman.
I also have a 20 Damage Increase ring but i'm looking to change that for somethign simular but with nightsight.
I still need to use potions when he go to Hytloth.

Dupre's shield is just to finish his look as Virtuous Knight. I'm thinking to replace that with Aegis shield from the Gauntlet as soon i can.

I'm using Soulseeker to fight Titans and Cyclopsses in Despise. Works realy great with that and i like the special move "Bladeweave" on it too.

But Frarc carry 4 Slayer weapons on him all the time. A Repond, Daemon,Undead and a Elemental Slayer. The repond is the arty but the others i all made myself with runics. With the upcoming changes and when my smith is also GM armslore (he's at 97.5 now) , I'm going to try to make some better ones for him.

I'm always looking to change myself, even after all these years!

G

Not shabby at all. I just scored a Braclet of Health in an auction, so Spin does a bit better in Destard. But I dropped 20 DI to wear it.
He's got 5 pieces of the armor but does wear an all-70 Barbed suit.

I just gotta play more and get the rest of the outfit ...

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes you need to make choices. Better protection or better regeneration or doing more damage.

I can only advice new players to try it all out a bit and see what personaly suits you best. We can tell alot what to wear but if it does not fit your playstyle it might not just work.

To give a example my bard got barely any resists on his armor. But he got alot of mana regeneration and spell damage increase. Now he can heal like forever and cast spells almost endless. But if something hits him he go down! But he's is a bard, he's made to keep stuff of him!

And if i look at Frarc he's purely made for defence. All 70 suit, Alot of health regeneration. Not alot of damage increase besides the ring and whats on the weapon he carry. So although he don't do much damage against monsters ,(pure warrior no spells) he can take alot before something takes him down. (Al 120 Skills).

So all our advice here helps alot, but experience and trying stuff out works too!