• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Quick question about FC and FCR

A

altarego

Does the 69.9 limit for the 4/6 rule of chiv or weave + magery apply with real magery values, or modified totals (i.e. augmented with jewels)?

In other words, if I'm using a crystalline ring, do I need to be at 49.9 (+20 = 69.9) from the ring or can I be at 69.9 real (+20 from the ring to be 89.9)?

B

BloodPuke

the latter.

I dont really know the answer but Im good at multiple choice questions.

G

grandpa otis

excuse my ignorance,, but wht is this 4/6 rule you are talking about?

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 4/6 rule applies to 69.9 magery no matter what. So if you use a crystalline ring and bring it to 89.9, it will go to 2/6 instead of 4/6 for the chivalry spells.

S

Sir Kenga

4/6 -> 2/6 rule doesn't apply to Spellweaving. Only to Chivalry.

A

altarego

4/6 -> 2/6 rule doesn't apply to Spellweaving. Only to Chivalry.
Right...I'm actually making a bard weaver. But I want access to some basic healing/recall abilities. So I can dump 65 skill points into chiv or 65 skill points into magery (not to fail)

I have a crystalline ring for this character and I wanted to know just how far I could take it, since it's +20 magery. Knowing that I have to stop at 49.9 magery means I can shift those points into something like eval, or resist or something.

And as far as I knew, the 4/6 to 2/6 rule *did* apply to weaving...at least according to UOGuide.

Edit: Perhaps I misread...I'll take a gander on TC1 and check it out. Thanks for brining this to my attention.