• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick note on my absence

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Baby Doll asked in a different thread but I thought I probably should post it as a standalone answer. As she noted, I've not been around recently, and by extension, additional SPHS interviews have not been published here.

I am on a semi-permanent break from UO. A few minor things continued to a general withdrawal from the public community aspect of UO. Talia and I had a couple of incomplete interviews that, though based on legitimate reasons, were a bit of a blow to the enthusiasm we were riding. In one case I went to great lengths to guarantee comfort for a high profile interview but did not even receive a polite refusal. In the same few days, a situation on Legends came up where at least 5 different Legends regulars reported to Tyrath that I was raiding his account and selling all of his stuff. In fact I was organizing the account he gave me and had offered (for free) several items to @DevilsOwn for the upcoming player event. No items were ever offered for sale, and it is hard to raid the account you own. However, one of the most vocal (a player long banned from Stratics) was causing the stink because she wanted a couple of Tyrath' event items. I turned those over to her at Tyrath's request and she stopped being sad about his departure fairly quickly. The whole thing just reinforced how ephemeral "community" is in a digital game.

I've logged into my four toons once in the last two weeks on Siege to empty paintings and sponges. I have not bought game time renewals for the upcoming expirations on them. Like anyone still checking the forums, I love UO and that will probably never change but I have no desire to interact with folks in the game now (which defeats the whole purpose of MMOs) aside from Talia and Garth.

In RL I've started a time demanding project this summer that will run for a few months. In that time I'll either miss UO enough to play solo again or my houses will fall. I'm glad you all enjoyed the interviews,Talia is still carrying the SPHS guild name and you might can convince her to pick them back up.

Have a nice summer all,

Calavera

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It is very unfortunate that a little bit of poison in a community - apathy, bitterness, intolerance, anger - can do so much more damage than the amount of good that heaping mountains of positive energy can ward off.

Take a break from UO, and enjoy your RL project. But I speak from personal experience when I say that you should keep your houses standing for a good long while, or at least pack everything up and prepare your favorite characters for EJ status. When the frustration eventually fades (and it will) you might consider coming back to Sosaria, at least to visit. There are a lot of good people here who do not have that huge chip on their ice cold shoulder.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck IRL and in UO!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
if anyone wants to renew the umbra hub/moonglow gate house teleport tiles ... let me know.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
lawn space is valuable.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm really sorry to hear that :( ... Maybe a little break can help you to relax and forget these things :) ... Enjoy your project but wait before let all your things fall... I'm sure you come back and you'll find us here waiting you !
In the meanwhile good luck for everything Silent and thank you for your interviews :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Silent Singer for sharing about the happenings in your world. Like many others your absence will continue to be noticed. Life to short too let pixel bull **** bring ya down, so hellz ya take a break from UO and enjoy the summer. Hoping our paths cross again, safe travels and catch you later!

Nothin but luv,

Baby Doll :naughty-angel:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry my friend. Hate to see you go, you were one of the good guys :)

Perhaps our path will cross again, either here or somewhere else. Take care, have fun, and don't sweat the small stuff, life is too short

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry to hear this happened @Silent Singer, take the summer off to concentrate on RL and come back refreshed :thumbup:. Now in classic UO fashion... can I have Tyrath's stuff? :p

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if anyone wants to renew the umbra hub/moonglow gate house teleport tiles ... let me know.
I dropped your telly tile in your mailbox yesterday, I thought I would surprise you with it the way you surprised me by removing the other one without telling me.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Baby Doll asked in a different thread but I thought I probably should post it as a standalone answer. As she noted, I've not been around recently, and by extension, additional SPHS interviews have not been published here.

I am on a semi-permanent break from UO. A few minor things continued to a general withdrawal from the public community aspect of UO. Talia and I had a couple of incomplete interviews that, though based on legitimate reasons, were a bit of a blow to the enthusiasm we were riding. In one case I went to great lengths to guarantee comfort for a high profile interview but did not even receive a polite refusal. In the same few days, a situation on Legends came up where at least 5 different Legends regulars reported to Tyrath that I was raiding his account and selling all of his stuff. In fact I was organizing the account he gave me and had offered (for free) several items to @DevilsOwn for the upcoming player event. No items were ever offered for sale, and it is hard to raid the account you own. However, one of the most vocal (a player long banned from Stratics) was causing the stink because she wanted a couple of Tyrath' event items. I turned those over to her at Tyrath's request and she stopped being sad about his departure fairly quickly. The whole thing just reinforced how ephemeral "community" is in a digital game.

I've logged into my four toons once in the last two weeks on Siege to empty paintings and sponges. I have not bought game time renewals for the upcoming expirations on them. Like anyone still checking the forums, I love UO and that will probably never change but I have no desire to interact with folks in the game now (which defeats the whole purpose of MMOs) aside from Talia and Garth.

In RL I've started a time demanding project this summer that will run for a few months. In that time I'll either miss UO enough to play solo again or my houses will fall. I'm glad you all enjoyed the interviews,Talia is still carrying the SPHS guild name and you might can convince her to pick them back up.

Have a nice summer all,

Calavera
Sorry to hear about the drama.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord