• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] quick login

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I crash the things that I hate is write pass, select shard and character and especially find my char dead for to be late of few seconds...

My suggestion is a quick login: a button that automatically enter in the last shard with the last character. But for do that will be great a save password tick.

I think at something like that:

[ ] save password

[LOGIN] [RELOGIN LAST CHAR]

with this thing if you crash (and the save password is enabled), you have only to click relogin and save your char from the death without losing time in filling password, select shard and char

F

Fink

Good idea, it would take some pain out of crashing.

My only concern would be password security, but I don't personally know enough on the topic to say if it could or could not be done safely. I seem to remember there being a save password option on Legacy client but it was removed.

B

Beastmaster

Yes in the legacy client you could enter your password in one of the config files and it would always be there. The line is still there in the file today, but it will not use it any more. It was deemed insecure to have your password recorded in a known plain text file without encryption.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, the save password must have an encryption, but I think its not a problem... an MD5 can work and it is not easy to decode. however if someone have the access to your files, he can install a keylogger and read your password without problems...

O

Old Man of UO

The Original 2D client had that function, where you could click to save the password for fast login. There was a security issue with that and it was eventually removed. What you can do for a work around that I have used when I knew there would be a fast change is to put my password into Notepad and copy it. Then you can just paste it in and go in about 2 seconds. Not perfect, but works.