• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick inscription question

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have returned after a long break and decided to add inscription on to my mage/mystic. I have 120 magery and will soon be GM inscription. 98.4 at time of writing. I am making 8th circle spells for gains and spell books while I'm waiting on mana. I'm getting some slayer books but I was wondering if luck has an impact on properties / intensity for spell books? Anyone done any testing on this? I am trying to get a full set of slayer/ super slayer with other bonus lime sdi etc.

Deschet

Journeyman
I believe the properties are skill based only, but someone else would have to weigh in. Higher skill in magery/mysticism produces more mods with higher intensities on the respective books.

I can confirm that the casting skills do not have to be real skill. Was at sub 80 magery making books and getting no mods. Threw on a piece of jewelry to get into the 80s and was getting 1 mod. Threw on another to get into the 90s, 2 mods on books.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes I believe it is skill based only. There is a talisman you can get with Guaranteed Spellbook Improvement that can help.